+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numbers that BOTHER me -

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Numbers that BOTHER me -

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    I didn't remember being favored. What I do remember........Rattay didn't have his best game, but when he did hit our sure handed receivers, they were not. That USC team had some sho' nuff speed!
    USC had a receiver that lit us up all day long...I think his name was RJ Soward...not sure if he made it to the nfl, but we sure made him look like a player.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I was at the USC game, talking trash with the USC fans before the game. Boy, was that a mistake. The only good thing about that trip was getting to see the Coliseum and listening to the Trojan Band. We couldn't catch a pass that night if our life depended on it, very disappointing to say the least. Walking out of the stadium to the chants of "OVERRATED, OVERRATED" was not very much fun either.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    USC had a receiver that lit us up all day long...I think his name was RJ Soward...not sure if he made it to the nfl, but we sure made him look like a player.
    I seem to remember putting the "kiss of death" on him by drafting him on my fantasy team.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't remember being favored. What I do remember........Rattay didn't have his best game, but when he did hit our sure handed receivers, they were not. That USC team had some sho' nuff speed!
    In my opinion they were better than the Alabama & Florida St. teams we played that year.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    And how did you arrive at that analysis?

No spin -

HISTORICAL DATA -
    I think he was saying IF you spin the numbers you gave, not that you did. And if you spin those numbers that are facts you get: with three games out we have lost the first road game but gone on to win out in 2003 and hopefully we can do it again if we lose to USU.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I seem to remember putting the "kiss of death" on him by drafting him on my fantasy team.
    Kinda like this year, with 2 teams, me drafting McNabb, McNair, Ahman Green, Hines Ward, Randle El, Takeo Spikes, Eric Johnson, Roy Williams and Drew Bennett? GREAT.... i'm a mormon (haha.. care of LITEMAN)... i picked up Gitmo and Timmy. Oh boy....
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 11-04-2005 at 10:24 AM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Get a load of my top two picks in my only league that I care about...Deuce and Donte Culpepper. How do you like them apples? Oh well, I'm still 5-1 and beat Huss, so it's cool.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yea, thank the LORD for Scobee, Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald and LT. 6-2 with one team and 3-5 with the other.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I think he was saying IF you spin the numbers you gave, not that you did. And if you spin those numbers that are facts you get: with three games out we have lost the first road game but gone on to win out in 2003 and hopefully we can do it again if we lose to USU.
    Thats what I was trying to say.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Get a load of my top two picks in my only league that I care about...Deuce and Donte Culpepper. How do you like them apples? Oh well, I'm still 5-1 and beat Huss, so it's cool.
    With my first two picks, I got Culpepper and Jamal Lewis...almost as bad. My third pick, reggie wayne, hasn't been much better.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Even a close loss might have kept Tech in the bowl picture. Awful way for the Rattay era to close out.
    Hate to tell you this (and I know I see the glass half empty), but we would not have even gone to a bowl that year had we won and finished 9-2. We were shut out due to our independent status and the amount of bowl tie-ins to conferences.

For what it is worth, I see a 6-5 record in our future!

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy
    Hate to tell you this (and I know I see the glass half empty), but we would not have even gone to a bowl that year had we won and finished 9-2. We were shut out due to our independent status and the amount of bowl tie-ins to conferences.

For what it is worth, I see a 6-5 record in our future!
    We were slotted to go to the Motor City Bowl that year... As I recall if we finish 9-2, we get the nod over BYU as the at-large. We lost to USC, and BYU basically snagged it and got to face undefeated Marshall, I believe.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue
    We were slotted to go to the Motor City Bowl that year... As I recall if we finish 9-2, we get the nod over BYU as the at-large. We lost to USC, and BYU basically snagged it and got to face undefeated Marshall, I believe.
    yes, if i remember correctly, motor city was the only bowl with an at-large bid that year. of course, if we had just beat texas a&m like we should have in shreveport, we would be talking about our great win over the overrated marshall in detroit, instead of our embarassing loss to end the regular season.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

There are several troubling aspects of our long - particularly the Western ones -- trips.

1. It often seems as if the trips re treated as sightseeing trips by the coaching staff. The USC debacle was a prime example of that. There's no way that that USC team, even late in the year was even in Alabama's class!! We should have won that game!! Too much tinsel town, too much beach, too much Hollywood crap and not a hard nosed focused attitude on the football game.

2. The same thing happened at the H Bowl against Clemson!! Too much partying, late night carousing, and no discipline by the coaching staff!!!!! Result ---- team worn out by the half!!!

3. We seem to ignore the effect of altitude!!!! (This could be a big factor against U-State!!) Guys that live and train at near seal level simply are at a huge disadvantage against guys who train at altitude!!!! (Why do you think our Olympic teams train in Mexico City???) Training at high altitude in the thin air makes the body use oxygen more efficiently. The HA guys wind up having more LONG TERM endurance when playing in heights. Notice how we often do OK for the 1st half and then burn out in those games?? ( Well, OK ---some of it probably has to do with our dorky refusal to do any "half time adjustments" -- but that's another story) But -- as far as I know -- we don't do anything to have oxygen available for the guys on the sidelines. Virtually allpro teams and most college teams do!!!! Why don't we?????

Thoughts????????????????

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    Virtually allpro teams and most college teams do!!!! Why don't we?????

Thoughts????????????????

LOL. Cause were dupid.

+ Reply to Thread