+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know that....

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Did you know that....

....University of Florida students stole the SO88 from the student center in 2002? I did not

Miller said a funny experience he had with the Student Center Bulldog is when it was stolen in 2002 by University of Florida-Gainesville Kappa Sigma students after they attended a Kappa Sigma banquet.
    “On the way out of the Student Center, the guys from the University of Florida put the Bulldog under their arms and toted it out of the building,” Miller said. “At the end of Tech police’s week-long investigation, the Bulldog was returned and payment was made by the Florida students to cement its feet to the block.”
    Reneau said the Bulldog statues are a great part of Tech’s school spirit.

http://www.latech.edu/techtalk/current/spirit.php

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: Did you know that....

Ya only discrepency in that story is I dont think they just stuck him under their arm.

He weighs alottt. Im not sure how much but Im sure over 100 pounds.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Ya only discrepency in that story is I dont think they just stuck him under their arm.

He weighs alottt. Im not sure how much but Im sure over 100 pounds.
    Yes, it does weigh a lot. Yet, they just walked out with it without anyone raising an eyebrow? Then it took a week for the police to figure it out? Hmmm... The Lady of the Mist might look good by my pool at my house.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Ah. Memories...

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    ....University of Florida students stole the SO88 from the student center in 2002? I did not

Miller said a funny experience he had with the Student Center Bulldog is when it was stolen in 2002 by University of Florida-Gainesville Kappa Sigma students after they attended a Kappa Sigma banquet.
    “On the way out of the Student Center, the guys from the University of Florida put the Bulldog under their arms and toted it out of the building,” Miller said. “At the end of Tech police’s week-long investigation, the Bulldog was returned and payment was made by the Florida students to cement its feet to the block.”
    Reneau said the Bulldog statues are a great part of Tech’s school spirit.

http://www.latech.edu/techtalk/current/spirit.php
    Those Dam Kapps Sigs!!!!!!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    Those Dam Kapps Sigs!!!!!!!

Hey! I resemble that remark .

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Even funnier than this is the story about how the Sigs from UF actually got the damn thing back to Ruston. A UF alum was at the house a few weeks ago and told us about the whole thing. Hilarious.

I'll drop him an email and see if he'll type out the adventure and post it on here. I just can't do it justice.

Just know it wasn't a malacious thing. The UF chapter is actually considered the "goodie two-shoes" of Kappa Sig chapters nationally.

Oh, and FWIW, I went over to Monroe yesterday and pledged in 37 guys who are gonna give a shot at starting a colony over at the Juco with the pharmacy school. Note that the Greek system over there is abysmal, so these guys have some hard work on ahead of them.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Even funnier than this is the story about how the Sigs from UF actually got the damn thing back to Ruston. A UF alum was at the house a few weeks ago and told us about the whole thing. Hilarious.

I'll drop him an email and see if he'll type out the adventure and post it on here. I just can't do it justice.

Just know it wasn't a malacious thing. The UF chapter is actually considered the "goodie two-shoes" of Kappa Sig chapters nationally.

Oh, and FWIW, I went over to Monroe yesterday and pledged in 37 guys who are gonna give a shot at starting a colony over at the Juco with the pharmacy school. Note that the Greek system over there is abysmal, so these guys have some hard work on ahead of them.

That seems like a colossal waste of time.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire

I tought that ULM had a Sig Chapter??

Used to. Been gone for a pretty long time (8 or 9 years?). I *think* the only thing over there are two very non-active KA and Pike chapters....I think.

This won't be easy. But you don't make yourself the largest and most preferred fraternity in the world (i know...I'm a shill) by not taking on some challenges.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It was awesome... they came in dressed all official, in suits and such. They had a dolly there to carry it out and no one questioned it, thinking it was just "official business." Mwahahaha. You still gotta admire how funny that is.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I was there for that banquet and, while I didn't know they had stolen it, the reaction of the Tech police was the funniest part. They were completely baffled for a week. They only "found" it after the Greek advisor at UF called Tech about it. When they finally "found" it, they acted like they had solved the crime of the century while the UF guys treated it like the prank that it was. Just another attitude difference between us and the "major" schools.

Since then, I have gotten to know one of the guys from Florida who was a part of the whole thing. He is a great guy and we talked about it back in July. He said, "The Tech Police told us about how historic those statues were. We didn't know that statue was such a big deal to you guys." I said, "Well, the statues are cool, but they are far from historic. The Tech police are full of it."

He said they had to pay something like $700 bucks to have the dog "remounted". I doubt that it cost that much, but I guess that's the price you pay. I'm not condoning theft, but it was pretty funny.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    I tought that ULM had a Sig Chapter??
    They had to take a break a few years ago. Not sure what the reason was, but they should do well now. That system is in pretty bad shape....like a few other things at that school.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Hey! I resemble that remark .

Now what kind of pathetic, immature, little person would give me red on this post?? I know who most of my sneak attack red dots come from, but that usually happens if I say something bad about the administration. I guess this could be the same idiot. I may have to take him off of ignore so I can start returning the favor.

Thumbs Up Re: Did you know that....

Here's a little green for you. Just trying to help and OldDawg out.

+ Reply to Thread