+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: casey jones signs with baseball

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

casey jones signs with baseball

vernon casey jones of Lakeside High School in Minden signed at 11 a.m. Nov. 9 to play baseball for Louisiana Tech.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Re: casey jones signs with baseball

Do you have any info on Casey Jones? Last year coach Sim announced the signings on Nov. 21st. We will need a 3rd baseman and some quality pitchers.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    vernon casey jones of Lakeside High School in Minden signed at 11 a.m. Nov. 9 to play baseball for Louisiana Tech.
    Aub -

Lakeside is SOUTH of SIBLEY!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

He didn't miss it by much, though, Dwayne. How far is Lakeside School from the Minden city limits? Four miles?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Aub -

Lakeside is SOUTH of SIBLEY!
    Geez, D.
    The guy scoops you right there in your backyard . . . It makes no difference where this young man is from.. It's where he's going, baby!
    tm

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Geez, D.
    The guy scoops you right there in your backyard . . . It makes no difference where this young man is from.. It's where he's going, baby!
    tm

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZRxdm103YYUS
    And this coming from a guy who makes sure EVERYONE knows that its West Monroe and NOT MONROE -

:icon_razz

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    He didn't miss it by much, though, Dwayne. How far is Lakeside School from the Minden city limits? Four miles?
    More like 4 miles from Sibley's north border -

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    And this coming from a guy who makes sure EVERYONE knows that its West Monroe and NOT MONROE -

:icon_razz
    Next question?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Next question?
    Why is a squirrel?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

OK, Sibley. But Sibley is south of Minden. The school is either in Sibley or south of Sibley. But it definitely is south of Minden! And aren't there two Sibley's in Louisiana, suggesting that Sibley without saying in Webster Parish doesn't confirm the site being discussed. Because Minden is extra famous because Dwayne lives there, it seems the appropriate place to start from!

Dawgpix, the young man is my cousin's son and I resisted saying he had an offer or had committed until he actually signed. I feared something could go wrong and my journalist's dislike of publishing anything less than irrefutable fact came into play.

I was so happy about it that I took a day's vacation, left work at 12:30 a.m., went home and packed some things (including my old dawg who can't walk and the most rambunctious of his daughters) into the van and left home at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday and took only a short nap just south of Millwood Lake or Little River on U.S. 71 and managed to get to the school on U.S. 371, a few miles south of Interstate 20 in Webster Parish just before 11 a.m. Wednesday for the signing.

Actually, Dwayne knew Casey was interested in playing for Tech, I believe, but deferred to me out of kindness and his own reticence about sharing recruiting info needlessly.

I went to sleep about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and slept until about 7 a.m. Thursday and got back to Springdale at 5:10 p.m., only losing an hour and 15 minutes off the time clock for the day! I will get off at midnight and go home and do my usual chores, steering the Tom turkey into the hen house, feeding and entertaining the rest of the dogs outside (Egg and Hawk had to stay in the van while I worked tonight and haven't complained yet. They love road trips!) I have been reluctant to leave home for more than 12 hours at a time since Lauren broke her femur July 10. The three dogs I left at home turned out to be easy to control without the old dog to carry and his daughter who loves to run and jump on people!

Another reason I hadn't made the big effort to attend home games lately was that I knew that being there when Casey signed with Tech was going to be the most important trip for me this fall! The difficulty of an old person driving an old vehicle that part with fuel prices high is daunting. I actually bought regular at 1.99 per gallon on I-30 Wednesday afternoon!

I hope to see Casey play in Ruston (and on road games to Arkansas, etc.) in the future!

Yes, he could have gone to Arkansas, because one of his coaches at the high school played baseball at Arkansas and had talked to Van Horn about him but I wanted him at Tech to join his friend Jamey Bradshaw and other fine young men in participating in Sim and Tree and company's coming improvement of the our baseball team's effectiveness! Selfishly, of course, I could have WALKED to Hog games to see him play, but I would have had to build an extra room on my house because his Dad would have been in Fayetteville frequently in coming years and I owe him a lot of hospitality!
    Last edited by aubunique; 11-11-2005 at 10:47 PM.

Aub-
    I know you're proud!
    Just having fun at DFM's expense.
    tm

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool AUB!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Casey Jones is a great baseball name. Hope he turns out to be as good or better than expected.
    Go Tech!

If he pitches MAYBE JUST MAYBE we can get some Grateful Dead at JC Love

Aub - I wouldn't saying where Caset actually lives since he is drivin through a school district ib one parish to play at a school district in another parish...

SsssH....

I am too open in talking about things. It goes with senility but it must be OK because nobody in our family has the money or influence to obtain any special privilege.

Actually, I think he gets there by sliding down hill to Loggy Bayou and paddling upstream, dragging over the dam in Bistineau and using a sail to get to the upper eastside of the lake! There isn't a single school along that route!

+ Reply to Thread