+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NLU...I mean LSU Fan!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

NLU...I mean LSU Fan!

I was travelling from Houston to London via NYC last weekend. On the flight from Houston to NYC, I sat next to a young man from Louisiana. He was originally from Bossier but was living in Lake Charles.

Sports came up and he allowed he pulled for the purple and gold. Since he was a professiobal, I asked when he attended. Sheepishly, he replied that he never attended LSU but had attended NLU on a golf scholarship!

I asked a few more "around the edge" questions and learned that he spent all four years at NLU and even has a NLU certificate of attendance...but LSU is his team. He said he followed NLU sports but said their current record was 6-3...he had no clue!

Just another example of what a LSU fan is...or better what a NLU fan is not!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: NLU...I mean LSU Fan!

Yep, he will jump off that wagon when Les becomes more down there.

Unfortunately we have several ex-athletes who act the same way. Some of them out of ignorance, but some of them because they were just sick and tired of the way things are run by Nano Reneau and the A.D.. They will jump off the LSU wagon too when it becomes the "un-trendy" thing to ride on.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend that graduated from NLULM but is a big LSU fan. He even brought some pictures of his baby to the mill dressed in LSU garb.
    Maddawg, I've been a Tech fan for 40 years and have never thought of becoming an LSU or Ark. fan no matter who's running the school. Those former athletes that got to go to Tech on a scholarship can only be described as cowards for not supporting their school. If they're using Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes as an excuse not to support Tech, they are the real losers.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

I mentioned this a few years ago.........

I had a co-worker from the New Orleans area. He had a BS from Tech, a MS from UNO and an MBA from Tulane. He is a HUGE lsu fan. (SIDE NOTE: you will never, ever see me capitalize the 3 initials of the purple and yella' school.) He even ribbed me on every Tech loss.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. If Huey P. Long would have attended Delgado, all of the state's resources would have gone to Delgado. Tad Gormley stadium would seat 105,000, and all those goutee'd "Pa-doo's" would be wearing Delgado Dolphin t-shirts. So would their husbands.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    I was travelling from Houston to London via NYC last weekend. On the flight from Houston to NYC, I sat next to a young man from Louisiana. He was originally from Bossier but was living in Lake Charles.

Sports came up and he allowed he pulled for the purple and gold. Since he was a professiobal, I asked when he attended. Sheepishly, he replied that he never attended LSU but had attended NLU on a golf scholarship!

I asked a few more "around the edge" questions and learned that he spent all four years at NLU and even has a NLU certificate of attendance...but LSU is his team. He said he followed NLU sports but said their current record was 6-3...he had no clue!

Just another example of what a LSU fan is...or better what a NLU fan is not!
    Sad excuse for a human being.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    I have a friend that graduated from NLULM but is a big LSU fan. He even brought some pictures of his baby to the mill dressed in LSU garb.
    Maddawg, I've been a Tech fan for 40 years and have never thought of becoming an LSU or Ark. fan no matter who's running the school. Those former athletes that got to go to Tech on a scholarship can only be described as cowards for not supporting their school. If they're using Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes as an excuse not to support Tech, they are the real losers.
    Good post Don. And if you checked their professional history after they left college, you'd probably find that most REALLY ARE losers.

HD

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Most of the ones I know are the trendy type who would drive their BMW's and Hummers off a cliff behind their LSU neighbors if folks folks would look their way.

No excuse, but Tech does a horrible job of staying in touch with former athletes......and yes, it is Tech's job to do that.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems this a bigger problem at northeast/ULM than at Tech. We've kinda moved out of that 1AA mindset of we support Tech at our level and lsu at the bigger level. ULM hasn't, in my opinion. As we said a few weeks ago, on Monday morning with their alumni around the water cooler, you have to clarify who the "we" is that played on Saturday. Usually "We" is lsuseless. Oh well...maybe they'll snap out of it.

On the other hand...if any self respecting Techie supports lsu over his own school, (also in my opinion)he's a traitor and not worthy of a Louisiana Tech degree. Period.

Tech competes with lsu (and all other state supported universities) for funding, programs and has a ceiling that we can't break through, because it would jeopardize lsu's standing as the state flagship. I'm just a good old capitalist who thinks competition is a good thing. Call me crazy.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I know a guy who wrestled at OSU and he is a big OU homer.

I know a guy from AR that went to Miss State and he is a big Arkansas homer.

I have a neighbor who is an nlum grad who wants Tech and nlum to go back to the Southland and play each other. He proudly wears his lsu hat everywhere and I never speak to him.

Losers all of them.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Most of the ones I know are the trendy type who would drive their BMW's and Hummers off a cliff behind their LSU neighbors if folks folks would look their way.

No excuse, but Tech does a horrible job of staying in touch with former athletes......and yes, it is Tech's job to do that.
    Tech has never had a hard time keeping up with me and I've made 3 moves. That's a very poor excuse. Did they think Tech moved and they couldn't find it?

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Tech has never had a hard time keeping up with me and I've made 3 moves. That's a very poor excuse. Did they think Tech moved and they couldn't find it?
    Maybe I should rephrase to say that Tech does a horrible job of keeping ex-athletes involved in the program. Folks like you and me aren't the ones Tech needs to keep involved. Some folks have to be asked to be involved. We don't have the luxury of just sitting back and waiting on them. They need to go after fans in this order:

1. Former Players

2. Tech Grads

3. Former Students who did not graduate.

4. Folks within a 100 mile radius of Ruston.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    They need to go after fans in this order:

1. Former Players

2. Tech Grads

3. Former Students who did not graduate.

4. Folks within a 100 mile radius of Ruston.
    I fit in categories 3 and 4. I've come 90%, and Ronny Walker makes attempts towards me. Mr Robken and Jim have traded emails with me a few times.. so that's a step in the write direction.

It would be SO easy to have an electronic database with everyone's email addresses and mailing addresses. I would love to see a weekly email Monday morning from Tech telling me about the upcoming football game, or just events that I may be interested in coming to. CHEAP investment with a HUGE potential return.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Do you mean something like this?

https://advancing.colostate.edu/ath/ramreport

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wow... EXACTLY like that.

If you build it, they will come

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Ronny actually has some plans to create a former player's club area under the stands to give them a place to come and feel special, as they should. This has never been tried at Tech, if he can get it accomplished, I say 'about time'.

This along with something like a walk of bricks highlighting the former lettermen would be excellent ways for Tech to reach out, as MD suggests. I totally agree with him, by the way. It has to start with the atheletes.

+ Reply to Thread