+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rewatched the second half

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Frown Rewatched the second half

I rewatched the second half of the Tech- Idaho game.

Some of my observations:

Idaho defense played with some serious emotion in the second half. They blitzed on almost every down. 5 to 6 defenders and our offensive line got confused. Having our RB so far back really killed us with the blitz having time to adjust to the play call.

The blocked FG! The right side of our line, especially #84 decided the blocking is overrated. He looked like a bull fighter more than a offensive lineman.

Our defense really looked tired in the second half.

We dropped alot of potential interceptions. This game would have been over if our defenders could catch. Of course some of them would be playing offense if they could catch. I counted at least three interceptions that we dropped. All three drives resulted in points for Idaho. Take those 9 points away, and this game is not near as close.

Dang that Idaho kicker is almost automatic. He makes a 53 and misses a 54? Amazing how good a kicker can be in a controlled enviroment.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Rewatched the second half

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    I rewatched the second half of the Tech- Idaho game.

Some of my observations:

The blocked FG! The right side of our line, especially #84 decided the blocking is overrated. He looked like a bull fighter more than a offensive lineman.
    That was J. Gooch. He never even stuck out his left arm to impede the guy who blocked the kick. That was a HUGE momentum (and scoreboard) changer when we had an opportunity to "stick the dagger in their heart". That kind of lack of effort is intolerable!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    That was J. Gooch. He never even stuck out his left arm to impede the guy who blocked the kick. That was a HUGE momentum (and scoreboard) changer when we had an opportunity to "stick the dagger in their heart". That kind of lack of effort is intolerable!
    When I saw that replay I couldnt believe it. I couldnt tell exactly who it was but If I was the coach that might be the end of his playing days.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

looked like he saw the two guys lined up in front of him and forgot the cardinal rule of special teams blocking -- always block the inside man!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    When I saw that replay I couldnt believe it. I couldnt tell exactly who it was but If I was the coach that might be the end of his playing days.
    If I remember right, he went right between Consodine and Gooch.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

JL-you are right & it was Gooch's responsibility to pick him up.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

What was even worse was watching number 84 get run by after the ball was blocked and picked up. My wife made me rewind to watch how he just stood there. She couldn't even believe it. Then it showed how slowly he made his way down the field in a half assed effort to run the guy down. He clearly quit on the whole entire fiasco that he helped create.

I hate to bad mouth players, but he should be benched for quite a while.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    LOL!!

HD

+ Reply to Thread