+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would somebody tell our coaches

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Would somebody tell our coaches

I think ONE play turned the ballgame yesterday -

The interception that led to the TD right before half -

Instead of going into the half up 28-6 and getting the ball to start the half we let them cut a 22 pt lead to 14 points -

We were never the same after that -

I will say this - I don't think any TECH team since the 2001 team wins yesterday's ballgame - I think the teams of the last 3 years lose that ballgame - which is a testament to Barry Robertson and this group of seniors -

We really need to be worrying about what we are going to do on the ADMINISTRATIVE side these next to weeks -

Are we going to try and put a TRUE 20,000+ in JAS for arguably the BIGGEST home game since 1990 or are we just going to go about business as usual and accept whatever number shows up when we open the gates in two weeks?

These next two weeks are NOT about JBIII and this football team - these next two weeks are about JO and Co and whether they WANT to sell tickets to Boise St or not....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    We really need to be worrying about what we are going to do on the ADMINISTRATIVE side these next to weeks -

Are we going to try and put a TRUE 20,000+ in JAS for arguably the BIGGEST home game since 1990 or are we just going to go about business as usual and accept whatever number shows up when we open the gates in two weeks?

These next two weeks are NOT about JBIII and this football team - these next two weeks are about JO and Co and whether they WANT to sell tickets to Boise St or not....
    Excellent post. This is where the focus needs to be now.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

This game is bigger than the Fresno game last year and somebody has got to get that message out in a big way!!!! You are exactly right on the money with this Dwayne...... We need a full house! It can be done, although the odds are really against us with all the hunting, etc. that will be going on. That is one reason I hate that we moved this game to the afternoon.

Hopefully someone in power sees it our way and doesn't try to go cheap on us this time!

DFiH
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 11-13-2005 at 09:21 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think ONE play turned the ballgame yesterday -

The interception that led to the TD right before half -

Instead of going into the half up 28-6 and getting the ball to start the half we let them cut a 22 pt lead to 14 points -

We were never the same after that -

I will say this - I don't think any TECH team since the 2001 team wins yesterday's ballgame - I think the teams of the last 3 years lose that ballgame - which is a testament to Barry Robertson and this group of seniors -

You're exactly right. The admin. needs to be telling the students THIS WEEK!!!!! They are going home this week. We need to remind them that they've got a great reason to get back to Ruston. I agree about this team and yesterday's win. I'm afraid that admin. has given up on getting students back. My brother tells me the dorms will be open, so that's good. Come on Jim, do us proud. We need 20,000 strong in there. With 20,000 and our normal home team...we win this game and our bowl picture gets much, much brighter.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    This game is bigger than the Fresno game last year and somebody has got to get that message out in a big way!!!! You are exactly right on the money with this Dwayne...... We need a full house! It can be done, although the odds are really against us with all the hunting, etc. that will be going on. That is one reason I hate that we moved this game to the afternoon.

Hopefully someone in power sees it our way and doesn't try to go cheap on us this time!

DFiH
    Sorry, but it can't be done with the folks we've got running things. The promos should have started last week at the latest. Our folks are satisfied with mediocrity or below.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This game is as big as the Colorado State game in 1990, which is what Dwayne was referring to. Some have said we had less than 15K for the CSU game. I really don't remember the crowd size, I was too busy rooting for the Dawgs. I do know the Tech crowd was loud that day. What was lacking in quanity was made up for in quality.

Not having that usual block of students on the east side will hurt the noise level for the Boise game.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Sorry, but it can't be done with the folks we've got running things. The promos should have started last week at the latest. Our folks are satisfied with mediocrity or below.
    MD,

I hear what you are saying, but they have got to step up!!!!! This could put our program back on the right track!!!! Maybe we can get TB to come back and speak to the guys before the game or at least during practice? They have to be more fired up than they have ever been and the crowd has to help! That means that our administration needs to get butts in the seats, no excuses!

DFiH

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    This game is as big as the Colorado State game in 1990, which is what Dwayne was referring to. Some have said we had less than 15K for the CSU game. I really don't remember the crowd size, I was too busy rooting for the Dawgs. I do know the Tech crowd was loud that day. What was lacking in quanity was made up for in quality.

Not having that usual block of students on the east side will hurt the noise level for the Boise game.
    We may have had 10k at that game, but it was the loudest 10k I've ever heard. Also, got to take part in dismantling the south end goal post-what a blast! BTW, I seem to recall a local band playing outside the east side of JAS before that game, not sure who it was but it seemed to get everybody in a good mood along with the help of a freshly tapped keg.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

And NOONE will say this but ME; whether the crowd was 15K or 10K, it was composed almost entirely by those awful, non-enthusiastic BLUE HAIRS! Fancy that. And, it turned out to be one of the best comebacks in Tech history & propelled us to a bowl.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Actually, I would be happy if the Boise crowd would be like the Colorado State crowd both in number and intensty. I can still picture Tech's receiver (what was his name? :icon_wink ) catching the winning TD pass. A heck of a game.
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    And NOONE will say this but ME; whether the crowd was 15K or 10K, it was composed almost entirely by those awful, non-enthusiastic BLUE HAIRS! Fancy that. And, it turned out to be one of the best comebacks in Tech history & propelled us to a bowl.
    I thought I had JINXED Tech that day -

Walked out of the house wearing my CUBS hat - by half-time I was a nervous wreck...

Luckily - the curse of the goat only goes so far south...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Milton, just make sure you wake up from your Thursday turkey nap to be at the game on Saturday!:icon_wink
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Do not worry T-MO---if I can force myself to leave Cypress Springs Lake, where the "chinks" are biting, I will be there in full force! I'm catching the big "two-handers!" Do you have time??

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Do not worry T-MO---if I can force myself to leave Cypress Springs Lake, where the "chinks" are biting, I will be there in full force! I'm catching the big "two-handers!" Do you have time??
    If you got time to help fill out some grantwork, we're on!!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Sorry---I will just have to fill up the chest by myself!

+ Reply to Thread