+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Ruston DWI Death

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar

Re: Another Ruston DWI Death

What a horrible tragedy.... As the article said, two lives destroyed...along with the lives of two families and countless friends and acquaintances.

WHY do people drink and drive??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Folks will keep drinking and driving and folks will keep walking down the road in that area. Unfortunately more people will die if something is not done. I don't have the answer, but somebody in law inforcement over there might consider doing some research.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that if you kill someone while driving drunk you should face the death penalty. No questions asked! That may make some people start thinking before they get into a vehicle drunk.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters
    Bottom line, in my opinion, is that if you kill someone while driving drunk you should face the death penalty. No questions asked! That may make some people start thinking before they get into a vehicle drunk.
    For once we agree about something. Thank you court system of America for being big babies about putting people where they deserve to be.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Death Penalty is a little out there. Haven't yall ever heard of a good person making a bad decison?

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

A&M has a volunteer force of students that will give rides to other students back to their homes, for free, if they have been drinking. The only rule is they must go home and can not be dropped off at a party. I used this service when I went to the Tech vs A&M game a few years ago. Maybe some of the Tech students could start something like this

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that the student that died had just graduated from TECH as well. He was an acquaintance of my son's when he attended TECH 5 years ago. Very sad.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123
    Death Penalty is a little out there. Haven't yall ever heard of a good person making a bad decison?
    Death Penalty is a slight exaggeration on my part. I've seen some people's rap sheets with 10 or so DWI's, and several vehiclular crimes.... yet they are still on the streets, now surely you don't want these guys living around the corner from your family do you? I sure don't.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine here in Tyler (John) had a yard man that had a former DWI. He finished the yard one day and asked John if he would come out and start his car for him. When John went out there, he noticed a device attached to the steering column. Apparently, the guy had to blow into the device before his car would start. If alcohol was detected, the car would not start. Obviously, the guy had a couple of beers while doing the yard and now could not get home - good planning, huh? This guy must have been a true alcoholic to not think more about how he was going to get home that day. Anyway, John refused to do it. The guy started walking. Later that afternoon, the car was gone. I can guess that the guy had someone come over and blow on the device for him and then drove home.

Good idea, but they should make it to where you have to blow into the device every 3 minutes or so. Of course, someone could just borrow another car, but at least this makes it more inconvenient and difficult.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    A friend of mine here in Tyler (John) had a yard man that had a former DWI. He finished the yard one day and asked John if he would come out and start his car for him. When John went out there, he noticed a device attached to the steering column. Apparently, the guy had to blow into the device before his car would start. If alcohol was detected, the car would not start. Obviously, the guy had a couple of beers while doing the yard and now could not get home - good planning, huh? This guy must have been a true alcoholic to not think more about how he was going to get home that day. Anyway, John refused to do it. The guy started walking. Later that afternoon, the car was gone. I can guess that the guy had someone come over and blow on the device for him and then drove home.

Good idea, but they should make it to where you have to blow into the device every 3 minutes or so. Of course, someone could just borrow another car, but at least this makes it more inconvenient and difficult.
    Outfit every car with them starting in 2006!!!!!!!!!!! The people of earth are obviously too stupid to take care of themselves, so I guess we should have someone make us take care of ourselves...I'm exaggerating...yes, I'm still a republican, but really. I think it'd be a great idea. I think you should have your body-fat monitored before you're allowed to order an extra-value meal (I'd be a lot better off). I also don't think that "sin" taxes aren't such a bad idea. It's a shame that we have to have someone to save us from ourselves.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    It does do that... I can't remember all of them, but each state can regulate how often you have to blow... I seem to remember LA having an 12 minute lapse between blows AND at each start. You usually have to blow for like 5 STRIAGHT seconds before it will register that as a valid blow. There is ways around it, but I'm not telling how.. LOL

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I hate to hear this...I lost a very good friend as a result of one of the other deaths on that service road.

On another note, for those calling for the death penalty, consider that the kid made a huge mistake that he will have to deal with/pay for for the rest of his life. For some, this burden is harder to carry than facing the death penalty.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Death Penalty is a slight exaggeration on my part. I've seen some people's rap sheets with 10 or so DWI's, and several vehiclular crimes.... yet they are still on the streets, now surely you don't want these guys living around the corner from your family do you? I sure don't.
    No I don't. Thats why we have criminal trials to determine the persons value to society. There are some who really don't care and would do it again. Others have just made terrible decisons, that being said we need to make examples of a few. (NOT DEATH PENALTY EXAMPLES)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    It does do that... I can't remember all of them, but each state can regulate how often you have to blow... I seem to remember LA having an 12 minute lapse between blows AND at each start. You usually have to blow for like 5 STRIAGHT seconds before it will register that as a valid blow. There is ways around it, but I'm not telling how.. LOL
    If they would add that the person goes to jail if driving someone else's car AND the person that loans the car goes to jail, as well, then it might do some good.

+ Reply to Thread