+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rice and Tulane

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Rice and Tulane

I heard today on the sports talk show out of Little Rock that Ken Hatfield had resigned as Rice's coach. It was also said that Hatfield left because Rice was just before announcing they were dropping football. Tulane was also mentioned as planning on dropping football. I know Tulane was awful close last year but after all the problems they've had this year, that could be a reality. Anyone else heard about this, also, it goes without saying what opportunities that might open up for us.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Rice and Tulane

All I can say is that I would hate to either school drop football.

Puppy JHC15 is an unknown

I don't post much on this board, but I don't want CUSA this way. If true, Rice has its own reasons, but Tulane was devistated by a terrible natural disaster. I would hate to gain a benefit such as a CUSA invite based upon such circumstances. I, too, hope that Tulane can hang in there. We need to be focused on getting into CUSA because we deserve it. At the present time, we don't. That is what needs attention.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    All I can say is that I would hate to either school drop football.
    I completely agree. One of the main reasons that I hope that we can gain admission into CUSA is so that we can play Rice and Tulane. I think we already had a building rivalry with the Owls in all sports, and I believe that the same would be true for Tulane. The loss of either or both of those programs would diminish college football on the whole because of their respectives traditions, and because of the niche they represent. I hope that both of them not only survive, but thrive, again, and that Tech gets to call them conference "brothers" in the not-too-distant future.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

IMO - I don't think either will be dropping football.
    Go Tech!

+ Reply to Thread