+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicknell to Buffalo University

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Bicknell to Buffalo University

Word on the street is that Bicknell is pursuing the job at Buffalo in New York! This story has substance.

Puppy hgburns is an unknown hgburns's Avatar

Re: Bicknell to Buffalo University

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    Word on the street is that Bicknell is pursuing the job at Buffalo in New York! This story has substance.

SOURCE????

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

just wait and see! I would say the real insider! This is no joke but i cannot reveal my source.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

just wait and see! I would say the real insider! This is no joke but i cannot reveal my source.
    I might just start fasting and praying for this to come to pass.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

There's apparently an opening there. I'll grant BD28 that much. We'll see.

Bulls Drop Season Finale to Eastern Michigan

Five turnovers too much to overcome as Eagles win, 38-14
    BUFFALO, NY - The University at Buffalo found out the hard way that turnovers are disastrous in football.
    The Bulls held a large statistical edge over the visiting Eastern Michigan Eagles on Saturday, but five costly turnovers allowed the visitors to spoil the Bulls’ senior day and the final game of Jim Hofher’s coaching career at Buffalo. Eastern Michigan turned three interceptions into 21 points en route to a 38-14 win.
    "It's very difficult to win a game with five turnovers and with some of the penalties that were drive killers as well," said Hofher. "That was probably as much the tale of the tape as anything, and so many of the turnovers that we had offensively happened down in a potential scoring territory."
    "Five years ago I signed on to a job with great expectations, personally and professionally. I am extremely grateful for the coaches that have been here and I want to thank them, as well as this group of fifth-year seniors, for all that they have done to try to advance this program. I don't have a single regret. In this business you need to take a chance all the time and every day. The fact that it has not worked out doesn't mean that it's been a lost five years."
    Despite holding a 441-316 advantage in total offense, Buffalo never led in the game and ended the 2005 season with a 1-10 record, 1-7 in the Mid-American Conference.
    The Eagles began the scoring on their opening drive when Anthony Sherrell burst 47 yards around left end. Eastern converted a pair of third downs on the drive prior to the touchdown.
    The Bulls wasted a scoring opportunity later in the first quarter when they drove to the EMU 11-yard line, however, Michael Baker (Jamestown, NY/Jamestown) missed a 28-yard field goal.
    The Bulls tied the score early in the second quarter on a 57-yard drive covering nine plays. The payoff was a one-yard toss from freshman Drew Willy (Randolph, NJ/Randolph) to tight end Chad Upshaw (Southport, CT/St. Joseph's). The key play in the drive was another connection between Willy and Upshaw for 28 yards which moved the ball inside the Eagle 10. It was Willy's fifth touchdown pass of the season and Upshaw's third TD catch.
    Chad Upshaw
    The Eagles, however, had an immediate response, driving 73 yards for the go-ahead score. Eric Deslauriers provided the capper with an 18-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Matt Bohnet.
    The Eagles then took control of the game open with a trio of big plays. Kicker Andrew Wellock tied a school-record with a 52-yard field goal to put Eastern up 17-7. Linebacker Daniel Holtzclaw then intercepted Willy and Bohnet capitalized by connecting with Deslaurier again from 16 yards out to put the Eagles up 24-7.
    The Bulls had another scoring strike left in them in the first half. Buffalo moved 79 yards in just seven plays with Willy hitting several big passes. He hit fellow true freshman Ernest Jackson (Rochester, NY/Gates-Chili) for a gain of 39 yards, then connected with sophomore Jeff Green (Fairport, NY/Fairport) for 15- and 12-yard connections, the second ending with Green's first career touchdown.
    However, turnovers would begin to unravel UB's hopes of winning early in the second half. Willy was intercepted on UB's opening possession, which led to Sherrell's second touchdown of the game from eight yards out to make it 31-14.
    The backbreaker came two possessions later, when a screen pass by Willy deflected off of a UB player's hands right into Michael Richardson's arms, who raced 43 yards for the final score of the game.
    Willy had an up and down day, connecting on 18-of-30 passes for 186 yards and a pair of scores, but suffering through a career-high four interceptions. Junior Tony Paoli (Fort Lauderdale, FL/Aquinas) would come on to hit 7-of-11 passes for 83 yards, but also threw an interception.
    Senior Derrick Dyer (Rocheseter, NY/Marshall) led Buffalo with a career-best seven receptions for 61 yards. Also setting career-highs in the receiving department for Buffalo, were Jackson (three catches for 51 yards) and Green (three catches for 44 yards). Upshaw finished with three catches for 35 yards.
    The Bulls’ ground game was paced by junior Steven King (Hempstead, NY/Uniondale) who had nine carries for 58 yards. Willy also added a career-best 33 yards rushing on nine carries.
    Gemara Williams
    The Buffalo defense was paced again by sophomore safety Kareem Byrom (New Brunswick, NJ/New Brunswick) with seven tackles. Senior Gemara Williams (Oak Park, MI/Brother Rice) also had seven tackles. Williams finished the season with 14 passes defended, tied for third best in a single season in UB history. BULL-etins: Senior defensive end Aaron Sanders (Clarence, NY/St. Joseph's) recorded a sack in his final game to move into the top ten all-time in tackles for loss with 27. Sanders’ sack gave him a team-best 6.5 for the season, matching his 2004 total - and left his career total at 14 - good for seventh best all-time in UB history...Drew Willy threw for two touchdowns for the second time this season...senior Dave Dawson (Camp Hill, PA/Bishop McDevitt) had a career-long 17-yard punt return in the game...prior to the game, the Bulls honored 21 seniors who participated in their final home games at UB Stadium...both Sanders and senior defensive tackle Rob Schroeder (East Rochester, NY/East Rochester) each finished the season with 13 tackles for loss, tied for tenth best in a single season.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 11-30-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

Ok let's calm down. We all went thru this last season about this time. I don't know about the rest of you but I can't get my hopes up quite yet. I'll need to see a little more before I start to get excited.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    No joke, I might
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Like that QB prospect in TN you told us about????

Even if it does, remember who selects the new one... :bigcry:

OK, THE QB WAS A JOKE AND SO WAS THE DETROIT JOB BUT THIS IS THE SCOOP GOING AROUND THE COACHING CIRCLES OF D-1A!

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Not that this is a great stretch, but...

http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm

Tuesday November 29, 2005:
    SCOOP
    Colorado: Do you guys hear anything?
    Kansas State: We can't verify this, but a rumor has started speculating DiNardo as HC, we think that's hard to swallow. All our signs point that Leavitt will take the job after their last game. If that happens- look for Jimbo Fisher to go to USF. If Leavitt turns the job down- Look for Bennett's (SMU) name to surface.
    Louisiana Tech: Look for Bicknell to try and get out!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Just wondering, does Buffalo need an AD and a President too?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg
    Louisiana Tech: Look for Bicknell to try and get out!
    Must have heard Torbush was sending in his resume.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    Must have heard Torbush was sending in his resume.
    I really don't remember Torbush, other than he was only there a year, correct? One of my high school coaches played his senior year at Tech under Torbush, and from what I gathered no one much cared for the man. I was really surprised that his predecessor, A.L., was let go. It's a shame that we don't have him serving as some sort of an advisor to our current OC/QB coach -- my understanding is that the man was quite a QB guru.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Leavitt signed a 7 year extension at USF today.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

You fast and pray and I'll sacrifice two goats and fourteen chickens.

+ Reply to Thread