+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Some one please tell me this is wrong!!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Some one please tell me this is wrong!!!!

memphis didn't even play a top 25 team much less beat one!

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigers0830
    I'm sorry yall didn't get invited to a bowl, but not sorry memphis is going. Memphis avg. 40,000 at home this year and we usually take about 10,000 on the road to our games. So we deserved a bowl over yall and plus we have Deangelo Williams. If yall want to play fine tell your ad to call our ad and maybe we can't get it up.
    Go screw yourself!! There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why a 6-5 team should be chosen over a 7-4 team, especially when one of your wins was against a I-AA school! If Deangelol Williams is so damn good, then why is Memphis 6-5?

Puppy 562bulldog is an unknown

you guys deserved a bid ... not sure why the love-affair with Conf USA football getting so many bids ... i dont think Memphis took your bid per say because there were also reports that the Liberty Bowl wanted to take hometown Memphis instead of Tulsa since my Bulldogs (Fresno St) have laid such an egg and taken away any drawing power or buzz, so Memphis may have been in a bidding war believe it or not

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I'm sorry yall didn't get invited to a bowl, but not sorry memphis is going. Memphis avg. 40,000 at home this year and we usually take about 10,000 on the road to our games. So we deserved a bowl over yall and plus we have Deangelo Williams. If yall want to play fine tell your ad to call our ad and maybe we can't get it up.
    I am sure Memphis will be all over that next year. If that game would happen we would hear all the excuses like "we lost our best player." Memphis had to get USM into the bowl season. I hope you had fun losing to past WAC teams this year.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I am in shock. I really thought that we would get in. I know that the Boise game hurt us bad and, at that time, did not think we would get an invite. However, after defeating Fresno on National TV AND completely dominating them, this is pretty ridiculous.

I know that bowls are about money, but CUSA teams don't travel much better than we do, if at all. This was like spitting in our face, in my opinion.

I dont think Fresno's slide towards the end of the year helped either. Maybe if Fresno had not lost to Nevade earlier that would have made our win more noticeable.

The real reason we are not in Detroit is fan support. La.Tech would have traveled between 500 and 1000 fans and that's simply not going to cut it considering the game is going to be played at Ford Field which I'm assuming is 60-70 thousand seat stadium. One can't assume that Akron will bring many either. Simply put, Akron vs La.Tech would have been the worst bowl of all considering WHERE the game is being played. Folks up there probably dont even know that Louisiana Tech exists.

Puppy tigers0830 is on the way down

First of all Memphis lost 5 games because of injuries. We lost our 2 best QB's to broken legs after in 3 games. So we had to use a wr to be our main qb. Next williams is better than any player yall can put on the field. If you take true running backs not all purpose backs..Deangelo is the best in the country straight up the only reason why bush get's all of the attentions is that he plays for usc...Akron won't kill memphis...Once again i'm sorry yall didn't get invited, but it's not our fault we did what we had to do...So if yall want to continue to cry about it go ahead, but your not going to get any sympathy from memphis....once again if yall want to play us get your ad to to call ours and set it up...I bet we won't say we don't have williams, because we know he's gone, but we have more weapons...

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

First of all Memphis lost 5 games because of injuries. We lost our 2 best QB's to broken legs after in 3 games. So we had to use a wr to be our main qb. Next williams is better than any player yall can put on the field. If you take true running backs not all purpose backs..Deangelo is the best in the country straight up the only reason why bush get's all of the attentions is that he plays for usc...Akron won't kill memphis...Once again i'm sorry yall didn't get invited, but it's not our fault we did what we had to do...So if yall want to continue to cry about it go ahead, but your not going to get any sympathy from memphis....once again if yall want to play us get your ad to to call ours and set it up...I bet we won't say we don't have williams, because we know he's gone, but we have more weapons...
    Would Memphis even be bowl eligible if you lost your 1st and 2nd string tailbacks instead of your quarterbacks?

Williams IS all you have.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, we don't want any sympathy from Memphis. Call us when you lose this bowl game. We could kicked Akron out of the stadium. Have a good time, though.

Dogtek,
    WE TRAVEL WELL! We would have plenty of people in Detroit.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

You won't get any sympathy about your injuries...every team has them. Secondly, it has been well-documented that your a.d. and administration is too cowardly to schedule us so I guess the matchup will probably never happen...especially as long as they are afraid to invite Tech into CUSA when the time comes.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

13 teams with 6-5 records are going to bowl games. 7 of them are from non BCS conferences.

I've seen Memphis play 5 or 6 times this year and they are a terrible team and Deangelo Williams is a very small very overrated running back. But there are at least 6 other teams going to bowls that don't deserve it either.

I

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I said Williams is the best senior runningback on this board but I still think he would get shut down by our defense. Let's match him up against Barry or Byron (not to mention Quin or Brannon). He wouldn't get two feet trying to go up the middle against Love or Muse. Our defense would give him fits all day and kill his draft stock just like we did Pinegar.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I am glad I got at least part of the Fresno game on tape. I'll watch it instead of a bowl game on New Year's weekend!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The ESPN selection show didn't even mention us getting left out after they adamantly stated that we should go to a bowl on Friday night. I was disappointed.

Puppy tigers0830 is on the way down

i don't want any sympathy for our injuries...akron will not blow memphis out i'm sorry....to the person who said denangelo is a small and overated back your just plain stupid...yea he's not very tall but he's strong and built like a brick definitely not overrated...quit yall's bitching and move on your not going to a bowl game get over it and there is not way yall would bring more people than memphis would so whatever i'll leave yall to yalls crying :bigcry:

i don't want any sympathy for our injuries...akron will not blow memphis out i'm sorry....to the person who said denangelo is a small and overated back your just plain stupid...yea he's not very tall but he's strong and built like a brick definitely not overrated...quit yall's bitching and move on your not going to a bowl game get over it and there is not way yall would bring more people than memphis would so whatever i'll leave yall to yalls crying :bigcry:
    Like I said, it has been well-documented that your a.d. and administration is too cowardly to schedule us so I guess the matchup will probably never happen...especially as long as they are afraid to invite Tech into CUSA when the time comes.

I would love to see Memphis and the other coward of CUSA (Southern Miss) schedule us on a regular basis. Let's decide it on the field.

Go Zips and Indians!

+ Reply to Thread