+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The bright side

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: The bright side

Regardless of the play calling and all the X's and O's stuff, Clyder is making a very important point about building the program.

The head coach of any major 1-A program has to do all of the PR stuff if he is going to build a program. Now don't go off on a rant by saying "all he gotta do is JUST WIN and the rest will take care of itself"

JUST WIN is the most important and bottom line but it does not take care of everything. If the fans and the communities get to know and like you, they are more likely to show up when you are NOT winning some games.

Our number one problem that rips through all of our aggravation with Tech football is that we don't have enough butts in the seats consistently - win or lose.

Jack - if you are gonna stay-hit the road and talk to the people. If you don't want to do that--then just hit the road and don't come back.

I will also say that is true for every single Tech athletic program.

Recruit
    Teach
    Cheer

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

"(3) Excellent image.
    (4) Good disciplinarian"

his image is he isnt very smart.

he is not a good disciplinarian. an assistant told me two years ago that two of his top assistants wanted to discipline players or kick players off the team and jack wouldnt do it. he wants everyone to like him.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Conroy was the one who took the Fresno game over and called agressive plays in spite of JBIII discouraging that type of game plan. He "wanted to get conservative," (Quote from his post game interview) "Conroy wouldn't do it, I had to walk away a few times." Sounds like Conroy was saying your leaving and I want your job!!

I'm glad he called one good game.Maybe that can help him get on at Cedar Creek! What about the Boise game with those stupid roll outs to the blitz seven times in one game untill he got us the saftey.What about the Rainbow's game when it was 3rd and one on the fifty and threw the ball when Moats had 268 yards already. Then we missed the f.g. He's over his head!

Bulldog jimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nice jimwwms's Avatar

LOL...... I guess my opinions do not match those of our moderator since I have 2 Red Dots and the comments with them.

Oh well, since I am not offering food for thought and am just being a ----head, I wont offer much in the future.

Last week I was criticized as negative because I said our team played BIG TIME while we (admin and fans) act small time. Now, because I don't jump in line with the "FIRE BICK" Brigade, I am a ----head.

Make up your minds, do I need to be positive or do I need to be negative????

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

RC Slocum and all his assistants HAD to speak regularly to booster clubs, civic groups, and anywhere else they could get support or sell tickets. He, nor his assistants, minded doing it...but it was a requirement.

We can't even get our coaches to talk to groups in Ruston much less North LA, South AR, West MS, or East TX!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

The only team we beat worth a damn was Fresno. The next highest rated team was Hawaii (92). We are more deserving than several bowl teams but everyone knows this was a bad year for us.

What were some of you thinking... You should know we're not going to get a bowl invite with the season we had. This bowl crap is rediculous. There's a lot more things that are wrong with the program to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread