+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The "Official" List of Snubs

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

The "Official" List of Snubs

I wanted everyone to see the teams that got the snub other than LA Tech. So I am going to give you a list of all bowl eligible teams, and I will give you their resume.

By the way, every single BCS conference got EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR BOWL ELIGIBLE TEAMS INTO A BOWL!

And so did CUSA!

Here is the list:

Miami (OH)
    MAC Conference
    Record: 7-4
    Key Wins: 51-23 vs. Akron (MAC Champion)
    Key Loss: 42-14 vs. Bowling Green
    Wins Against IAA Opponents - 0

Bowling Green
    MAC Conference
    Record: 6-5
    Key Wins: 42-14 vs. Miami (OH)
    Key Loss: 44-41 vs. Toledo (GMAC Bowl participant)
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 0

Northern Illinois
    MAC Conference
    Record: 7-5
    Key Wins: 35-17 vs. Toledo (GMAC Bowl Participant)
    Key Loss: 31-30 vs. Akron (MAC Champion [in the MAC Title Game])
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (42-3 vs. Tenn Tech)

Western Michigan
    MAC Conference
    Key Wins: 45-14 vs. Bowling Green
    Key Loss: 31-19 vs. Virginia (Music City Bowl participant)
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (34-28 vs. S. Illinois)

Central Michigan
    MAC Conference
    Key Wins: 31-17 vs. Akron (MAC Champion)
    Key Loss: 31-28 vs. N. Illinois, 31-24 vs. W. Michigan, 23-20 vs. E.Michigan, 20-13 vs. Indiana

New Mexico
    Mountain West Conference
    Key Wins: 45-25 vs. Missouri (Indy Bowl participant), 31-27 vs. Utah (Emerald Bowl Particpant)
    Key Loss: 49-28 vs. TCU (Houston Bowl participant), 27-24 vs. BYU (Las Vegas Bowl participant), 21-13 vs. UTEP (GMAC Bowl Participant), 35-25 vs. Colorado State (Poinsettia Bowl Participant)
    (this is the only team that I could imagine complaining in this list other than Tech, 4 out of 5 losses to Bowl teams, and two wins against Bowl teams)

Louisiana Lafayette
    Sun Belt Conference
    Key Wins: 54-21 vs. ULM
    Key Loss: 39-36 vs. Ark State (Sun Belt Champion), 24-21 vs. UCF (Hawaii Bowl Participant)
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (49-28 vs. NW State)

Then there is LA TECH

Louisiana Tech
    WAC Conference
    Key Wins: 40-28 vs. Fresno State (Liberty Bowl Participant)
    Key Losses: 30-13 vs. Boise State (MPC Bowl participant), 37-27 vs. Nevada (Hawaii Bowl Participant), 34-14 vs. Kansas (Fort Worth Bowl Participant)

And here is the resume of some teams that beat us out for Bowls!

NEW ORLEANS BOWL
    Southern Miss
    Conference USA
    Key Wins: 52-31 vs. UCF (Hawaii Bowl Participant)
    Key Loss: 24-22 vs. Memphis (Motor City Bowl Participant), 34-17 vs. Tulsa (Liberty Bowl Participant), 30-21 vs. Alabama (Cotton Bowl Participant)
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (48-20 vs. McNeese State)

LAS VEGAS BOWL
    BYU
    Mountain West Conference
    Key Wins: 24-14 vs. Colorado State (Poinsettia Bowl participant)
    Key Losses: 20-3 vs. Boston College (MPC Bowl participant), 51-50 vs. TCU (Houston Bowl Participant), 41-34 vs. Utah (Emerald Bowl Participant)
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (45-10 vs. E. Illinois)
    FORT WORTH BOWL
    Houston
    Conference USA
    Key Wins: 30-23 vs. Tulsa (CUSA Champion), 27-24 vs. Southern Miss (New Orleans Bowl Participant)
    Key Losses: 38-24 vs. Oregon (Holiday Bowl Participant), 44-41 vs. UTEP (GMAC Bowl Participant), 35-20 vs. Memphis (Motor City Bowl participant), 31-29 vs. UCF (Hawaii Bowl Participant), 29-24 vs. SMU
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (31-10 vs. Sam Houston)
    MOTOR CITY BOWL
    Memphis
    Conference USA
    Key Wins: 27-20 vs. UTEP (GMAC Bowl participant), 35-20 vs. Houston (Fort Worth Bowl participant), 24-22 vs. Southern Miss (New Orleans Bowl participant)
    Key Losses: 37-31 vs. Tulsa (CUSA Champion), 38-17 vs. UCF (Hawaii Bowl Participant), 20-16 vs. Tennessee, 10-6 vs. Ole Miss
    Wins Against I-AA Opponents - 1 (59-14 vs. UT Chatanooga)

Ohh well. A lot of information. All those bowls I think we lost out on in some way all chose teams that had wins against I-AA opponents. Otherwise they only won 5 games against I-A competition. I understand the Houston selection more than the rest. At least they lost close games to bowl teams with the exception of SMU.

Chime in.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The "Official" List of Snubs

Sure wish we were playing some of these 6-5 pretenders (Memphis, Houston, Yellow Chickens, etc).

I can understand the MCB wanting Memphis to be their second team. I checked their BB schedule and the Tigers don't have a game on Dec. 26th, so their fans will be there in force.

Northwest has many direct flights from Memphis to Detroit. Believe me, I've looked at them all this weekend.

Also, Deangelo Williams is the one that got them the bowl. If he had played in the Tennessee game, Memphis would be 7-4 instead of 6-5. Lots of controversy over whether he was injured or hurting for that one. He is as good as Ryan Moats ever was and stayed in school to finish his degree. He's a quality person it seems.

I guess TECH needs to start scheduling a 1AA team ever so often.

Will our fans step up to the plate and boost our attendance to where it needs to be to keep this from happening again?

Even with all the bad publicity our president and AD got for our university with the comments about women's basketball, we can overcome that now that we have TB and KM back where they belong. It sure is great to see one of the greatest players in the history of American sports sitting in tailgate alley at Aillet Stadium.

The Slobberknockers are undefeated (4-0 with one no show) in tailgate cooking competition. Next year, we will do as well and will add more entertainment to the bill. If you missed the karaoke at the Boise game, you missed CHC and Jukedawg's rendention of Soul Man. It is great.

Maybe our coaches can open up the pipeline to Bastrop High and get some of those young men decked out in blue next year. There will be more Division 1A recruits on that team next year than there are this year.

Oh, and the Memphis crew will be there in force to watch the Dawgs upset the 9th ranked Memphis High Tigers on December 20th. And if Memphis happens to win, it will be the officiating.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Depressing facts. But when we know we are right we can relax and plan the future. We shall overcome. I like being an underdog, especially when we win!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Need to put that Florida loss in the Key Losses list for Tech.

8-3 Outback Bowl Participant.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread