+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

Puppy eagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rough

Football We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

Why do you guys hate Southern Miss? We didn't keep you out. No one in the league wanted you in. You can't blame just one school for that.

You need to get over yourselves, though. Great job beating Fresno. You finally beat a ranked team. What are they currently ranked? Is there a reason for this?

Instead of being mad at other universitites who have a "name," look at yourself and ask why you were left out. Good luck in your future. Please stop hating a group that could care less what happens to you.

GO WOMENS' BASKETBALL!

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Re: We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

Hey Egg:

Tech has beaten a number of ranked teams including this season and last. I believe even the season prior. So this is not a "finally you beat a ranked team program."

For the record, there were five votes to include Louisiana Tech in CUSA. Tulane, Tulsa, Rice, SMU and others supported Tech getting into CUSA. USM did not. USM does not want any part of Tech.

Let's get it on...Basketball...football...come on...

We would beat the living hell out of USM.

USM is the arm pit of MS....and by the way we beat you regularly on recruits which may have a great deal to do with it...I admit USM gets some of our recruits but I think there is something to this...In addiiton, your ad hates Tech...and voted to oppose Tech's entrance into CUSA.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle in the gym
    Please stop hating a group that could care less what happens to you.
    If you could care less, why are you here and why did you post. Congrats on having a "name"....you guys are dillusional. I don't blame CUSA/USM/Memphis/Houston for Tech not getting a bowl. Tech didn't get a bowl because we didn't win conference or come in second. But, please don't act like it's crazy for a 7-4 team to be upset about a group of inferior 6-5 teams getting a bowl bid over them. It's not their fault, but surely you can understand the frustration. Put your money where your mouth is (referring to your not caring comment) and take a hike...we don't want or need you here.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Hey Egg:

You beat McNeese...East Carolina...UCF...who cares????????????????????

What ranked team did you beat this year?

Would you like Tech to come play you on National TV? or are you better than Fresno State?

I am unimpressed with anything USM has done. They turn out a good LB every couple of years....but other than Farve back in the day they have not had much punch.

see ya.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I don't hate sufferin' miss. There's always a need for dumbass students to take remedial classes somewhere, so it might as well be you guys.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

In different worlds do you mean the ass end of a 2 headed donkey in Mississippi, or a college in North Louisiana who graduates more atheletes than anyone else in the state?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Why do you guys hate Southern Miss? We didn't keep you out. No one in the league wanted you in. You can't blame just one school for that.

You need to get over yourselves, though. Great job beating Fresno. You finally beat a ranked team. What are they currently ranked? Is there a reason for this?

Instead of being mad at other universitites who have a "name," look at yourself and ask why you were left out. Good luck in your future. Please stop hating a group that could care less what happens to you.

GO WOMENS' BASKETBALL!
    Prior to this years bowl invitations, I don't think anybody disliked So Miss. I still don't think anybody really dislikes you. What we dislike is not getting in a bowl and others that we perceive not deserving getting in. That is not the fault of So Miss, Memphis, Houston etc. It is just the way the bowl system works.

A similar thing happened in 2001 when there were rumors that Tech might get to go to the Indy Bowl instead of Boise. The Boise folks took it personally that we did not want to go to Boise. It had nothing to do with Boise, which is a great city. Our fans just wanted to be able to go to the bowl intead of watch it on TV.

So, don't take it too personally.

Oh and BTW - this board is often Tech's toughest critic. So we DO look at ourselves.
    Go Tech!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

GO WOMENS' BASKETBALL!
    USM=chickenshit.

All talk and no walk.

Puppy eagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rougheagle in the gym is a jewel in the rough

Big Grin Re: We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    USM=chickenshit.

All talk and no walk.
    Do me a favor. Whtch our bowl game and boost our ratings. BTW, this is our 8th bowl game in 9 years. How have you done, son?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

GO WOMENS' BASKETBALL!
    Hey Giannini-
    Anyplace, Anytime.
    Have you got game?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

How have you done, son?
    Hey GLM, who's your daddy? (Sorry, Glen, I just couldn't resist.)
    Go Tech!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Do me a favor. Whtch our bowl game and boost our ratings. BTW, this is our 8th bowl game in 9 years. How have you done, son?
    What an idiot. You must feel mighty confident after the schedule you just played. We are better on the field and that is where it counts.

As for boosting your bowl ratings, you couldn't come close to the number of people that saw us absolutely demolish the 17th ranked team in the country. Oh, and by the way, we did that last year too. Do you want a list of BCS teams that we have beaten, as well? We can sure supply it.

Go play your bowl game and stop worrying about us. To be so convinced that we don't matter, you sure are giving us lots of attention.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Your AD won't play us. Yeah, I know you play a bunch of BCS schools and get your ass whipped, so do we.

Playing in toilet bowls 8 of the last 9 years doesn't impress me, BOY.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Hey GLM, who's your daddy? (Sorry, Glen, I just couldn't resist.)
    I don't know, I'm adopted. MAybe it was Eagle Shit.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

USM Eagle in the Gym,

I like USM, always have. I lived in Mississippi for over 10 years and always thought year in and year out Southern had a better athletic program than State or Ole Miss. You had to fight the two "larger" universities for respect. Southern also had attendance problems for a long time. Ya'll kept up the good fight and garnered the respect and increased attendance. CUSA helped alot in those matters.

What we don't like is USM not helping Louisiana Tech University, a school that is pratically a mirror image of your school experiencing the same problems you had until CUSA came along. Your AD is a very petty man, keeping personal grudges against Tech from his days as AD at NLU/ULM. From everything we've learned, Giannini led the opposition to Tech being admitted to CUSA. We find that underhanded on his part and truly not in the best interests of CUSA. Membership in the conference would solve most of the problems we have at Tech and Tech would be very good member of CUSA and a large asset to the conference.

Like USM, Tech has done very well athletically with very little support from the state and the casual fan. One would think that USM would recognize they are very much like Tech and would enjoy Louisiana Tech gaining respect from CUSA membership just like USM was helped by membership in the conference. Your AD allowed his personal feelings to get in the way of him working for Tech's membership and improving the conference his current school is a member of.

Nobody from this board came over to the USM board berating your school, you came here. I can't speak for others, but I do take personally what Giannini has done to MY school and by extension USM. If you want to be helpful to CUSA, find out about Louisiana Tech University and you will find a university that excels athletically and especially academically with limited support from the State of Louisiana. You will find out alot of great things about Tech and you can HONESTLY tell your fellow USM'ers and your AD what a great addition Louisiana Tech University would be to CUSA. I speak the truth in this and if you would invest a little time in a positive way instead of bashing us when you know nothing (based on your writings) about us, I am confident you will agree.

+ Reply to Thread