+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: We're in different worlds, why the hate of USM?

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    By the way, I saw you on tv at the end of the Alabama game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Well, LSU was ahead of Tennessee for what 3 quarters this year, and they lost, but we were ahead of Fresno 1 quarter last year and we one. And that's all I have to say about that.
    That doesn't change the fact that Fresno wasn't ranked 17 when Tech played them this year. That was the only point I was trying to make. It's not that big of a deal, I just thought I would mention it. I'm not quite sure what LSU being ahead of Tennessee for 3 quarters has to do with it. The reason I mentioned the 2004 Tech game was to point out that it didn't make sense that he was referring to that game because he said Tech totally demolished them. I'm not sure where you are going with this and what this has to do with anything other than that was LSU's only regular season loss this year, and it was one of Tech's only 6 wins in 2004.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    I'm not sure where you are going with this and what this has to do with anything other than that was LSU's only regular season loss this year, and it was one of Tech's only 6 wins in 2004.

Two Shay heaux meaux(j/k:icon_wink ). MT, you've taken the easy way out my friend. You've abandoned your school (acutally, you're worse because you come back to ridicule us). Our administration makes it down right difficult to be a Tech fan. The weaklings (like yourself) had no shot from the beginning. I'm expecting a few more to join your ranks shortly. It's sad but true...another rough year for the dawgs(even after a 7-4 finish).

One more think MT...All of Tech's losses were to bowl teams. LSU's one loss was to a non-bowl team (things that make you hmmm).

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

One more think MT...All of Tech's losses were to bowl teams. LSU's one loss was to a non-bowl team (things that make you hmmm).
    Yeah, that makes me go hmmmm alright. That means when Tech plays a good team, it usually loses, and LSU laid an egg against a crappy team. Other than that I'll take 10-2 over 7-4 anyday of the week. I assume you would too.

Yeah, that makes me go hmmmm alright. That means when Tech plays a good team, it usually loses, and LSU laid an egg against a crappy team. Other than that I'll take 10-2 over 7-4 anyday of the week. I assume you would too.
    Yeah, I probably would've left the rest of the post alone too...good call.

Yeah, I probably would've left the rest of the post alone too...good call.
    Fact is, I've always been an LSU fan. My whole family has always enjoyed going to BR for the games and it's something I've done since I was very young. I grew up about an hour away and I had never even met a Tech fan until I actually enrolled, and very few in any of my classes ever talked about sports. I know this has been said many times, but I commuted to Tech to get my degree and that is it. By the time I got out of class, I didn't want to be within 1000 miles of that campus.

I did enjoyed watching the Fresno game and I was even pulling for Tech believe it or not. I'm just not going to get on here and pretend that Tech football is something that it is not, that's all. I had nothing against Tech before I enrolled there, and for the most part I don't now. I guess I just like playing devil's avocate, and I will always be an LSU supporter.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Fact is, I've always been an LSU fan. My whole family has always enjoyed going to BR for the games and it's something I've done since I was very young. I grew up about an hour away and I had never even met a Tech fan until I actually enrolled, and very few in any of my classes ever talked about sports. I know this has been said many times, but I commuted to Tech to get my degree and that is it. By the time I got out of class, I didn't want to be within 1000 miles of that campus.

I did enjoyed watching the Fresno game and I was even pulling for Tech believe it or not. I'm just not going to get on here and pretend that Tech football is something that it is not, that's all. I had nothing against Tech before I enrolled there, and for the most part I don't now. I guess I just like playing devil's avocate, and I will always be an LSU supporter.
    So how do you see LSU faring next year?

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    So how do you see LSU faring next year?
    Well, here is LSU's schedule for 2006, with one game TBA.

ULL
    Arizona
    TBA
    Tulane
    MSU
    UF
    Kentucky
    Auburn
    Tennessee
    Bama
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas

I see them winning 9 games easily. After that, they will probably beat either Auburn or Florida or Bama, but not all three. I would say 10-2, but no worse than 9-3. I think they will be better next year that this year, and probably even better than that in 2007. The bigtime talent that Saban recruited will be seniors in 2007. LSU is two deep with 4 and 5 star players, and that trend has continued thus far with Miles' recruiting efforts.

LSU will have Russell(5*), Flynn(4*), and Perrilloux(5*) back at QB. Broussard(4*)(redshirted this year, has two more left), Vincent(4*), Antonio Robinson(4*), RJ Jackson(4*) back at RB, in addition to Charles Scott and Richard Murphy.

Dwayne Bowe(4*), Xavier Carter(5*), Early Doucet(5*), and Craig Davis(4*), and Brandon Lafell(3*) all return at the receiver position. The tight end Keith Zinger(3*) returns, as do Jacob Hester(2*) and Shawn Jordan(4*) at fullback.

On the O line, Whitworth will be replaced by Herman Johnson who is as talented, if not more that Whit, although those are some big shoes to fill in terms of durability. Will Arnold, Brett Helms, Ryan Miller, and Brian Johnson all return and have seen starting time, and a lot of playing time this year. Each of those guys are 4-5 star guys, and all but Brian Johnson are RS Freshman or Sophomores.

On defense, at the end position, Tyson Jackson, Ryan Willis, Chase Pittman, Kirston Pittman(RS this year due to injury but was a key player in 03-04), Tremaine Johnson, and several others that have redshirted, not to mention this year's top player out of Mississippi. At DT Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Charles Alexander, and Carnell Stewart have played a lot and are as talented as any DTs in the country. They are also only RS FRs and SOs. LB's Ali Highsmith, Luke Sanders, Quinn Johnson, Alonzo Manuel, and Dominic Cooper return. Aside from Ali Highsmith and Luke Sanders, this group is probably the biggest question mark in terms of gameday production, although the talent level is there. The defensive backfield will probably be better with Chevis Jackson(SO), Jonathan Zenon(JR), Sammy Joeseph(Colorado Transfer-JR), Laron Landry(JR), Lucas Taylor(FR), Craig Steltz(SO), Kerron Gordon(JR), Jesse Daniels(JR), Daniel Francis(JR), and Nick Child(SO) returning.

On special teams, Chris Jackson, who punts and kicks will return.

Like I said, talent wise, they won't miss a beat for the next several years. Whether or not they can win them all, I don't know. That's why they play the games. That's college football. If I had to bet my house, I'd say 10-2 with losses at Auburn and at Florida, although I really don't think Florida will beat them. Alabama might not be as good without Croyle, although he didn't do too much when Prothro went out for the year. Ole Miss is just terrible, Arkansas might be a trap game, but we've had their number for the past three years and I don't really see that changing next year. LSU should have some incentive at Tenn, and I don't see Kentucky being much of a challenge.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

By the time I got out of class, I didn't want to be within 1000 miles of that campus.

... and I will always be an LSU supporter.
    I wish we could revoke a degree. You're a perfect selection.

I love Tech, even when they screw stuff up (like bestowing a degree on YOU). I don't understand how anyone can go to school there and NOT fall in love with our University and our beautiful campus.

It's always been a special place to me.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here is LSU's schedule for 2006, with one game TBA.

ULL
    Arizona
    TBA
    Tulane
    MSU
    UF
    Kentucky
    Auburn
    Tennessee
    Bama
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas

I see them winning 9 games easily. After that, they will probably beat either Auburn or Florida or Bama, but not all three. I would say 10-2, but no worse than 9-3. I think they will be better next year that this year, and probably even better than that in 2007. The bigtime talent that Saban recruited will be seniors in 2007. LSU is two deep with 4 and 5 star players, and that trend has continued thus far with Miles' recruiting efforts.

LSU will have Russell(5*), Flynn(4*), and Perrilloux(5*) back at QB. Broussard(4*)(redshirted this year, has two more left), Vincent(4*), Antonio Robinson(4*), RJ Jackson(4*) back at RB, in addition to Charles Scott and Richard Murphy.

Dwayne Bowe(4*), Xavier Carter(5*), Early Doucet(5*), and Craig Davis(4*), and Brandon Lafell(3*) all return at the receiver position. The tight end Keith Zinger(3*) returns, as do Jacob Hester(2*) and Shawn Jordan(4*) at fullback.

On the O line, Whitworth will be replaced by Herman Johnson who is as talented, if not more that Whit, although those are some big shoes to fill in terms of durability. Will Arnold, Brett Helms, Ryan Miller, and Brian Johnson all return and have seen starting time, and a lot of playing time this year. Each of those guys are 4-5 star guys, and all but Brian Johnson are RS Freshman or Sophomores.

On defense, at the end position, Tyson Jackson, Ryan Willis, Chase Pittman, Kirston Pittman(RS this year due to injury but was a key player in 03-04), Tremaine Johnson, and several others that have redshirted, not to mention this year's top player out of Mississippi. At DT Glenn Dorsey, Marlon Favorite, Charles Alexander, and Carnell Stewart have played a lot and are as talented as any DTs in the country. They are also only RS FRs and SOs. LB's Ali Highsmith, Luke Sanders, Quinn Johnson, Alonzo Manuel, and Dominic Cooper return. Aside from Ali Highsmith and Luke Sanders, this group is probably the biggest question mark in terms of gameday production, although the talent level is there. The defensive backfield will probably be better with Chevis Jackson(SO), Jonathan Zenon(JR), Sammy Joeseph(Colorado Transfer-JR), Laron Landry(JR), Lucas Taylor(FR), Craig Steltz(SO), Kerron Gordon(JR), Jesse Daniels(JR), Daniel Francis(JR), and Nick Child(SO) returning.

On special teams, Chris Jackson, who punts and kicks will return.

Like I said, talent wise, they won't miss a beat for the next several years. Whether or not they can win them all, I don't know. That's why they play the games. That's college football. If I had to bet my house, I'd say 10-2 with losses at Auburn and at Florida, although I really don't think Florida will beat them. Alabama might not be as good without Croyle, although he didn't do too much when Prothro went out for the year. Ole Miss is just terrible, Arkansas might be a trap game, but we've had their number for the past three years and I don't really see that changing next year. LSU should have some incentive at Tenn, and I don't see Kentucky being much of a challenge.
    LSU was in a whisker of being undefeated but also within a whisker of having 5 losses.

Next year they have Arkansas, Auburn, TN and FL on the road. Should be interesting.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck,

You have to remember that you are a person of quality and integrity. Monreaux Tiger is not. It is impossible to understand something like that.

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar

By the time I got out of class, I didn't want to be within 1000 miles of that campus.
    News flash: You're still within 1,000 miles of the campus. You're gonna have to set some more attainable goals for yourself. :icon_wink

What the heck is wrong with the Tech campus, anyway?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

MT, if you loved LSU so much, then why did you come to Tech? I swear how big of a douce are you. If you can get into Tech, you could probably get into LSU. I dont think our requirements ahve ever been that much different. It is like knowing you love one girl your whole life, but you decide to go with someone else, yet still love the same girl from the beginning. I dont know how dumbasses like you decide to go to Tech, since you would never support us. You choose LSU over Tech in everything else, why in the hell would you choose Tech over LSU for college? Where is the logic, MT?LSU used to be my number one team too, but when I decided to go to Tech over LSU, I put down the purple and gold and put on the blue and red. I dont root agasint LSU now, I just dont follow them much at all. I just dont understand the logic, MT, I probably never will because I am not a huge dumbass/douche bag like you.

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by eagle in the gym
    Why do you guys hate Southern Miss? We didn't keep you out. No one in the league wanted you in. You can't blame just one school for that.

You need to get over yourselves, though. Great job beating Fresno. You finally beat a ranked team. What are they currently ranked? Is there a reason for this?

Instead of being mad at other universitites who have a "name," look at yourself and ask why you were left out. Good luck in your future. Please stop hating a group that could care less what happens to you.

GO WOMENS' BASKETBALL!
    Good post, you are dead on!!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Oh Lord, cgraves (aka MT's butt-pounding brother), you just keep Matt Mauck in your wet dreams.

+ Reply to Thread