+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicknell deserves to stay

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bicknell deserves to stay

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg
    Agreed, interesting to see what he will be offered. Personally, I hope Oaks reworks his contract for 3 years and voids the last year of his current contract. That way the contract can be stuctured such that it can be beneficial to both Bicknell and Tech and protect each as well.

By the way, does your comment mean that we can get new people for marketing and attendance.
    Man, some of you guys have to be on acid. he has a losing record 40-42. Yes, he pulls one out of his ass every year, but he also loses 2 or 3 he should not lose and he blames his losses on everything he doesn't have.

HAving said that, I don't see how we can get a better coach with reneau and oakes at the helm.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    HAving said that, I don't see how we can get a better coach with reneau and oakes at the helm.
    That is what really scares me. :bigcry:

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Austindawg:

Name one other coach in Tech history that has gotten us ranked in the top #25?

Name one other coach in Tech history that has beaten Alabama, Michigan St, Fresno, OSU, Fresno, Nevada and Boise?

Name one other coach in Tech history who has won on national tv in front of tens of millions of fans?

Name one other coach in Tech history that has turned out the graduates Bicknell and co have?

Name one other coach in Tech history that has a better record against our standard opponents?

I mean come on...he is not perfect but to say he has not earned it when he has excelled in tougher waters (competition) than any coach we have ever had is pretty hard to believe...I do not even think he is the best coach we have ever had but he has earned a great deal more than Austin and several of you will admit.

For the record, I consider Maxie Lambright and Joe Aillet to be the best coaches in Tech history but not even they played this kind of schedule or beat the type opponents JB has beaten.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Insider, this guy has had 7 years and he's never turned in back to back winning seasons. Who got us in the top 25? Gary Crowton did that and Bick just happened to be there when it all came to fruition. I don't hate bick...I like him as a person. As a coach, he lacks killer instinct and consistency. I don't think he has done anything to earn an extension at this point in time. Put his back to the wall...make him earn it next year. Make him show us he's a giant slayer and he can win in back to back seasons. I understand that our administration sucks...believe me. I'm not saying we should can the guy, but let's not get all crazy after the Fresno win and sign him to a long term deal.

He's been an okay coach...okay doesn't excite the fan base...okay doesn't boost champs memberships...okay usually doesn't get you into a bowl. OKAY isn't good enough!!!!!!!!!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

As far as someone saying Dan Hawkins and Mike Price were in charge of marketing:

For the record Joe Centino is in charge of marketing athletics at UTEP and And for the Brad Larrondo Assistant AD/Marketing and Promotions at Boise.

And our coach does all the PR events just like Mike Price and Dan Hawkins but there is a lot more to marketing than that...

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    Austindawg:

Name one other coach in Tech history that has beaten Alabama, Michigan St, Fresno, OSU, Fresno, Nevada and Boise?

Name one other coach in Tech history who has won on national tv in front of tens of millions of fans?

Name one other coach in Tech history that has turned out the graduates Bicknell and co have?

Name one other coach in Tech history that has a better record against our standard opponents?

I mean come on...he is not perfect but to say he has not earned it when he has excelled in tougher waters (competition) than any coach we have ever had is pretty hard to believe...I do not even think he is the best coach we have ever had but he has earned a great deal more than Austin and several of you will admit.

For the record, I consider Maxie Lambright and Joe Aillet to be the best coaches in Tech history but not even they played this kind of schedule or beat the type opponents JB has beaten.

Oh please. Name one other Tech coach who had Tim Rattay followed up with another NFL QB, a super stud RB, plenty of other talent and still called .500 a "winning season" ?

THE MAN IS NOT THE TYPE OF BALLS OUT WINNER WE NEED.

He is the definition of mediocrity. He really is!

As far as beating "Nevada" ? LMAO! Where did that come from?

Alabama? OSU? Fresno? Boise? Who friggin cares!

When you play 3 or 4 ranked teams a year, every once in a while you SHOULD AND MUST WIN...when you have the talent we have had.

Jack= nice guy, solid assistant coach

Jack < than winner, and thats putting it nicely.

But you know what? He's our coach and were probably stuck with his sorry butt for 3-4 more years.

It just plain SUCKS!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As far as someone saying Dan Hawkins and Mike Price were in charge of marketing:

For the record Joe Centino is in charge of marketing athletics at UTEP and And for the Brad Larrondo Assistant AD/Marketing and Promotions at Boise.

And our coach does all the PR events just like Mike Price and Dan Hawkins but there is a lot more to marketing than that...
    I didn't say they were in charge - I said their CONTRACTS were structured based on attendance and SEASON TICKET SALES - as well as wins/losses - that is where they make the BULK of thier money off of thier contracts -

Once again its called INVESTMENT IN OWNERSHIP of a program and IT WORKS -

Quit whining Lee -

At a school like Tech - ANY HEAD COACH of any program can't be just responsible for recruiting, coaching and graduating the kids - there has to be periferal activities also concerning selling and promoting the program to be successful -

That's what seperates schools like UTEP, Boise and Fresno from Tech, ULM, ASU and ULL and why UTEP moved on to CUSA and Boise and Fresno have a good shot at moving on to more greener pastures ONE day soon -

Its called FORWARD thinking -

Something that the 71270 area code isn't exactly eat-up with -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    -

Its called FORWARD thinking -
    Something that is seriously lacking. Lacking in not only our Administration and Athletic department, but lacking from alumni and fans in general.

Not to pick on theinsider but this thread is a PERFECT EXAMPLE as to how the blame also falls on many alumni and fans.

Some still have that div 1-aa and small time, dare I say "beltish" small school 1-a mentality. Not just Oakes, Bic, and Dr Dan either.

That mentality SUCKS!

Bulldog Wade is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    You know, I actually agree with that. The problem is that you HAVE to take chances. If the next guy doesn't do it, you go to the next one. You don't settle for mediocracy. I would fail at every business venture, if I did that.
    What you describe is the NLU approach. The Detroit Lion Approach. You can't force winning. It is shallow to focus on blaming the head coach for all the problems. Our biggest problem right now is that we are small market. That is not the Coach's fault. As Ruston continues to boom so will the program. Bick deserves to say. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.Good things happen when you stay true to your coach. I believe next year will be the year that the administration's patience with Bick pays off.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Austindawg:

Name any other head coach in Tech history who got paind 250k.

Name any other coach in Tech history who had a up to date weight room?

Name any other coach in Tech history who had a locker room for the other team?

Name any other coach in Tech history whos Teams got to Fly to most of there games?

Name any other coach in Tech history who just called in games because they were SEC teams?

Name any other coach in Tech history that was in the WAC?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's also called a "CRUTCH" -

The favorite "crutch" of the kool-aid drinking group and one of the first cards ALWAYS played is "Tech does more with less than anyone else...."

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    He is the definition of mediocrity. He really is!

If we offer him a 3 year extension it will be yet another sign that we have accepted mediocrity no doubt. Actually, I think that sign came after 03 and 04 so I guess maybe the third time is a charm. My definition of mediocrity and Tech football:

We are pleased with a 17k average home attendance, pleased to be 7-4 and sitting at home, pleased to just graduate football players and win a big game every now and then, pleased to be .500, pleased to finish in the top 3 of WAC instead of pressing to finish 1st and go to a bowl, pleased to be ranked for one week in 8 years, pleased to just go to a bowl, who cares if we win. ok enough already.

Is anyone REALLY upset with our season that we didn't win more, go win a bowl game, WIN the conference.....and the answer is no, I doubt it. I know some of the players are mad but is anyone else?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I like JBIII as our coach. He has gotten me use to mediocrity.:icon_wink

again check the facts:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theinsider
    He is not in charge of marketing or attendance.

Posted by DFM
    Dan Hawkins and Mike Price are -

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

DOn't get me wrong I think Jack should stay. But I think that the standard for our programe is higher know than it was. He needs to understand that.

Jack has gone from 4-7 to 5-6 to 6-6 to 7-4. To me that shows progress.

+ Reply to Thread