+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bicknell deserves to stay

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Bicknell deserves to stay

He earned it. He and his staff. He worked his tail off and has brought in the recruits and is building the program up. He is not in charge of marketing or attendance. He is in charge of coaching football and on that front he has done the job.

I am sure I will be attacked and slandered and whatever. Who cares. I have heard all the hateful and negative trash talk from guys on here for years and realize that is all it is trash.

We all want to win every game. In life that is not reality. So realize there are factors that go into everything...budget, timing, health of players, travel problems, and simply getting young men to bring their A game that are wildly variable.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Re: Bicknell deserves to stay

More...I believe the guy has high integrity and personal character with honesty. He does not say what pleases everyone-so what...He is hired to coach football not finesse every speech or impress with every word...he has brought us arguably the biggest wins in the history of the program yet throngs on here have not one positive thing to say...that says a great deal more about the naysayer than about Jack Bicknell.

He deserves to stay on his own merits(peformance) and what he has done without a budget in a mid major conference and small media market. The factors are real. The facts are real. The results are realistic and at times very impressive and other times...need work but he has earned it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I agree that he shouldn't be "fired" after this year. However, I think his performance over the past 7 years does not merit a contract extension at this point in time.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    He earned it. He and his staff. He worked his tail off and has brought in the recruits and is building the program up. He is not in charge of marketing or attendance. He is in charge of coaching football and on that front he has done the job.

I am sure I will be attacked and slandered and whatever. Who cares. I have heard all the hateful and negative trash talk from guys on here for years and realize that is all it is trash.

We all want to win every game. In life that is not reality. So realize there are factors that go into everything...budget, timing, health of players, travel problems, and simply getting young men to bring their A game that are wildly variable.
    Agreed, interesting to see what he will be offered. Personally, I hope Oaks reworks his contract for 3 years and voids the last year of his current contract. That way the contract can be stuctured such that it can be beneficial to both Bicknell and Tech and protect each as well.

By the way, does your comment mean that we can get new people for marketing and attendance.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Bick may not be a "bad" guy and all, but the "fans" feel that he is the major problem. I know to many people that say they won't come back to TECH until he is gone. His biggest problem (IMO) is media. Don't tell them you wanted to go conservative, especially since that is what most people complain about (his conservative play calling or playing not to lose). I was shocked when he went for it on fouth down in both the Boise and Fresno games. Even if he is not the problem, he is perceived as the problem. I know that there are people out there (and on here) that refuse to buy season tickets because of him, even though they go to most if not all of the home games. So if putting butts in the seats is the most important thing for TECH then, YES, he needs to go.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    He is not in charge of marketing or attendance.
    Dan Hawkins and Mike Price are -

Its called investing in "ownership" of the program -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

he does not deserve to be fired.

but, we can compare our situation to 01.

in 01, we won the wac, but we lost to the good teams that we played. we give jack an extension, and we suck in 02 and 03.

we cant just pass out an extension for one decent year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I also have no confidence that his contract will be restructured in the right way. I thought someone said he couldn't get an extension due to the ULS hiring freeze. Either way, I don't think he will be fired. He may tell the admin. what he wants and inform them that he will start shopping around for another job if they don't give it to them. I expect Jim to say that they will talk about it during the season and his extension will depend on next season. At that time I think JBIII will look at his options and take a better option if he's got one. Not even this clueless admin. would fire him after this season.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I also have no confidence that his contract will be restructured in the right way. I thought someone said he couldn't get an extension due to the ULS hiring freeze. Either way, I don't think he will be fired. He may tell the admin. what he wants and inform them that he will start shopping around for another job if they don't give it to them. I expect Jim to say that they will talk about it during the season and his extension will depend on next season. At that time I think JBIII will look at his options and take a better option if he's got one. Not even this clueless admin. would fire him after this season.
    No you can't FIRE him because of the ULS freeze -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

If Bicknell is what you guys think Tech needs, do you think we should even show up for games against that school in B.R. or, even Kansas? How about showing up for a game at home against Boise?

With Bicknell, we are destined to be the "almost really good" non bcs programs. WOW! How exciting!

Bicknell just needs to learn how to schedule his ONE great game a year against a top team for his last game each year. That way, we could lose every game and all the fans would be excited and happy that he is coming back the next year.

Champ is right...our record hasn't been terrible...it hasn't been good (except for this year and 2001)...it's been so so. It's been mediocre...isn't that what we all hate? Look at his overall record and you'll see that we aren't getting it done. I'm not sure how much worse than bick it can get, but I'm pretty sure of how good it can get with him. He does not deserve an extension and if he gets one, I'm gonna have to think real hard about buying season tickets.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

We don't need any coach who says we are lucky to win because of our budget, because of our facilities, etc. This is exactly what the Insider is saying, and I've heard it from other coaches too.

We need a coach who will say, "The deck is stacked against us, but I can win and when I do our situation will improve, fan support will increase, and we can get new things."

There are coaches out there who believe that and can make it happen. That is who we need.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

When I said "he needs to go" I did not mean fire him. I agree firing a guy after a 7-4 season would be bad for TECH (in the eyes of others). If anyones head should role it should be Oaks. He is to blame for TECH not going to a bowl. And before everyone starts yaking, I know, win one of the other games and we would be in. But our record indicates that we deserved a bowl and Oaks didn't "sale" it. And you can blame that one on fan support, but, Oaks is the problem there also. He is not doing what needs to be done to get people in the stands. That being said if Bick goes (IMO) we get more season ticket sales.

JBIII should go to where ever he can. It would be a win/win for all. I wish him the best. Just quit talking to the media where ever he is.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    We don't need any coach who says we are lucky to win because of our budget, because of our facilities, etc. This is exactly what the Insider is saying, and I've heard it from other coaches too.

We need a coach who will say, "The deck is stacked against us, but I can win and when I do our situation will improve, fan support will increase, and we can get new things."

There are coaches out there who believe that and can make it happen. That is who we need.
    Exactly! That is Pat Hill's total mission at Fresno.

Also, everyone that thinks we lost to Kansas, Boise, and Nevada this year because of some money problem is just wrong. Money can market a program, improve facilities, help with recruiting, and pay a better coach. We have done a good job recruiting (and I do credit Jack with that) and we have the talent. Losing games like the ones mentioned above are all on Jack - not the money situation.

I want a coach to come in here and tell our fans that we are going to BUILD the most exciting program that they can imagine. I want a coach that can sell that to recruits AND sell that to D.R. and J.O. I want a coach that can build that emotion up in players and have them believing in themselves. I want a coach that can back it up with wins - against the big programs AND the not so great ones. Consistency is what we need. JBIII has not given us that.

I wish the man all the great fortune in the world, but I wish it for him somewhere else.

I am tired of being a "pretty good team" sometimes. We need to be a "great team" almost all of the time.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I want a coach to come in here and tell our fans that we are going to BUILD the most exciting program that they can imagine. I want a coach that can sell that to recruits AND sell that to D.R. and J.O. I want a coach that can build that emotion up in players and have them believing in themselves. I want a coach that can back it up with wins - against the big programs AND the not so great ones. Consistency is what we need. JBIII has not given us that.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Jack's a good HEAD coach, I just don't think he's a good HEART coach. Some of the greatest coaches ever are the ones that not only know football, but can motivate players and the community to be more than they ever thought they could be.

+ Reply to Thread