+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody watching Charles Barkley?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Anybody watching Charles Barkley?

on Stephen Smith's show? During Charles' playing days, he was my enemy #1, but I tell you what - the man has a good head on his shoulders.

I hope he does get involved in Politics one day, even though I dont agree with everything he says. He's gutsy. If he would only stay out of the bars!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Anybody watching Charles Barkley?

Is he still rapidly becoming obese? Bars and restaurants!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    on Stephen Smith's show? During Charles' playing days, he was my enemy #1, but I tell you what - the man has a good head on his shoulders.

I hope he does get involved in Politics one day, even though I dont agree with everything he says. He's gutsy. If he would only stay out of the bars!
    Heard him on Dan Patrick yesterday. He was even more vocal on the radio. Took the NAACP and Jesse Jackson to task. I saw what I figured was a replay of the Stephen A Smith Show last night. Called himself a member of the Bill Cosby camp. It was enjoyable.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

He has really reversed himself from the "I am not a role model" days from what I've heard. Heard him on Dan Patrick a few months ago. I was pretty impressed with his comments about how glorifying the gangland image was disastrous for blacks and needed to be changed.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    He has really reversed himself from the "I am not a role model" days from what I've heard. Heard him on Dan Patrick a few months ago. I was pretty impressed with his comments about how glorifying the gangland image was disastrous for blacks and needed to be changed.
    He is on Brando's show quite often - usually talking about Auburn, golf or taking Brando to task for his anti-NBA stance -

However - he is very good - refers to himself as the only Black Republican in Alabama - and is very outspoken on the political side - has some liberal views but most would box him a family conservative -

I will say this - he would be one of my choices if I could choose ten people to have dinner and conversation with -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

One of the funniest stories I have heard about Charles Barkley is when he was golfing with Paul Westphal. The best I remember is, Paul asked Charles why Charles was a democrat. Charles said that he was a rich, black man, and he was climbing up the ranks of the democratic party. Paul said if you stay a democrat for very long, you will soon only be black.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He and Malone seem to be good friends too. He mentions Karl often in interviews.

........another tie in that Tech should take advantage of... Getting Barkley to come in and play at Squire.

BTW, did anybody hear the goober that comes on after Dan Patrick yesterday? I forget his name. Was comparing coaching records of Brown, Riley, and Jackson. Saying that Jackson had the top two players in the NBA during the Championship years in Jordan and Pippen. Challenged somebody to name another player as good or better than Pippen. I was begging for somebody to call in and say Malone, Barkley, or Akeem(sp?).

Pippen may well be one of the 50 greatest but he may not have been in the top five during those years.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i was going to atlanta a few years ago and saw the sign for leeds, al. i knew barkley was from there so i drove through town. my wife asked the gas station worker where he lived and she told us it was right up the street.

his mom still lives across the street from his middle school. his mom, grandma, and two brothers were barbacuing in the front yard and watching the nba playoffs. they invited us in and showed us all of the pictures on the wall. very nice people, i still cant believe we went up to the house (my wife isnt shy).

we told them we were from karl country and his mom said that she really like karls mom and they have talked a lot.

barkleys youngest brother looks just like him, almost.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i always admired barkley as a player (at least after he went to the suns, started playing a little cleaner). the guy is only two inches taller than me and was one of the best rebounders in the nba. i have never heard him talk about politics, but a famous, outspoken black conservative is a good thing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    He and Malone seem to be good friends too. He mentions Karl often in interviews.

Malone used to call him "milkdud head."

+ Reply to Thread