+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ole Miss

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    hmmm.
    Well, what I meant was more along the lines of "Tech needs about 5,000 more students with your ENTHUSIASM." Not necessarily 5,000 with his choice of language. I guess I should have explained myself better the first time. Besides, if we had 5,000 screaming students at a game but they all got tossed out, what good would it do?!?

Although you have to admit that was a very creative way to tell a referee that he sucked!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

If we had 5,000 tech students at a game and they all got thrown out, it would get the biggest PR Tech had ever received and we would have 6,000 students showing up the next game with 1,000 others to watch what will happen.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    pretty damn good. My guess is that they announce 3089. Just a guess but it was pretty dang good. And we got loud and mean a few times. I was impressed.

One of the guys on here got thrown out, and then there coach talked to the refs for 6 minutes (no exaggeration) and she only got one T. We wanted her thrown out. It was a good atmosphere.
    The discussion she was having with the ref was her trying to get them to give Tech a T for him "running out on the court", Press Release from OleMissSports.com, refs should never let a coach talk to them for that long, it kills momentum for both teams. My friend was the one kicked out, he did not run out on the court, and he did not touch the ref (as I was asked by an SID).

Ole Miss was a poor sport about the loss, whining has never won any games. Notice in the Press Release, there are no quotes from the coach, she was too pissed I guess to even give her own SID a quote for their website. Sad...Ole Miss needs to learn how to win and lose...

If our Lady Techsters keep playing well, we will see them in the tournament, possibly deep into the tournament.

JFord

WAY TO GO T!!!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Ok, so I can't lie... I never ran out on the court. As a matter of fact I wasn't even leaning over the court! And believe me, I'm not stupid enough to touch anybody involved in the game... unless they fell down by us and I helped them up. Yes, the statement was border line... We talked about it jokingly earlier in the game and well it just kinda poped out. But I've never cussed at a game, never fliped the bird, nothing like that and we've had players on the court (at a guys game) flip us off and drop the F-bomb and nothing happen. And that was a player. I didn't figure I'd get kicked out for that.. Oh well. Honestly, my biggest concern was the other fans like yall who might lose some respect. To all of yall, I apologize. But I will be there at the next game that I'm in town (after the break) I'll be yelling my head off again... but I'll have my halo on next game... =)

T
    Last edited by "T"; 12-21-2005 at 09:40 PM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

"T", personally I have more respect for you today than I did yesterday! lol No apology necessary here.

We definitely need more fans like you at the game.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Ok, so I can't lie... I never ran out on the court. As a matter of fact I wasn't even leaning over the court! And believe me, I'm not stupid enough to touch anybody involved in the game... unless they fell down by us and I helped them up. Yes, the statement was border line... We talked about it jokingly earlier in the game and well it just kinda poped out. But I've never cussed at a game, never fliped the bird, nothing like that and we've had players on the court (at a guys game) flip us off and drop the F-bomb and nothing happen. And that was a player. I didn't figure I'd get kicked out for that.. Oh well. Honestly, my biggest concern was the other fans like yall who might lose some respect. To all of yall, I apologize. But I will be there at the next game that I'm in town (after the break) I'll be yelling my head off again... but I'll have my halo on next game... =)

T
    Just be sure its a BLUE halo!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

"T",
    I've been walking around with that article telling people that I should have been there beside you and should have been tossed with you. Keep up the great work! (Just don't degrade from that... no cursing... TECH fans are better than that)

Matt

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    He did NOT run out onto the court! He wasn't even on the hardwood. He was still standing on the blue carpet in front of his chair. I believe their coach was arguing because I think a Lady Techster was trapped, in trouble, and had nowhere to go when the fan was ejected. Then they allowed us to inbound the ball from the side. I'm not sure what the rule is, but maybe it should have been a jump ball?? BTW the ref that ejected him is a DOOSH BAG! He has officiated many of our games before and is very anti-Tech. He doesn't know the difference between a travel, a block, a charge, and an over-the-back. He will make smart-aleck comments back to you like, "You mean you can't jump in basketball?" Instead of holding up one finger at the huddle during Ole Miss's time out we was clapping for them. His whistle even had an SEC sticker on it! He is very unprofessional, and if that "blowing" comment is what got our fan tossed, that's ridiculous. Refs get told that stuff all of the time. The only things you should get tossed for are running out onto the court, cussing, ethnic comments, and the finger.
    Question: It sounds like to me that the ref you are refering to is a SEC ref. Is that supposed to happen ? When a ref works ooc games, is it one ref per conference or what ? I think it should be refs outside of each conference refering ooc games, to avoid favortism.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71
    Question: It sounds like to me that the ref you are refering to is a SEC ref. Is that supposed to happen ? When a ref works ooc games, is it one ref per conference or what ? I think it should be refs outside of each conference refering ooc games, to avoid favortism.
    i imagine that is part of the deal negotiated between the two parties scheduling the game. we may have gotten away with a smaller garantee by allowing sec refs.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    i imagine that is part of the deal negotiated between the two parties scheduling the game. we may have gotten away with a smaller garantee by allowing sec refs.
    Women's basketball has never paid guarantees for games. This was a straight home-and-home deal, just like Mississippi State was also.

Interesting that Ole Miss did not drop out of the Top 25 in the USA Today coaches' poll, staying at 25. Ole Miss fell from 24 to 29 in the AP poll.

Tech got votes in both polls this week--tied for 36th in the USA Today and tied for 40th in the AP.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Women's basketball has never paid guarantees for games. This was a straight home-and-home deal, just like Mississippi State was also.

Interesting that Ole Miss did not drop out of the Top 25 in the USA Today coaches' poll, staying at 25. Ole Miss fell from 24 to 29 in the AP poll.

Tech got votes in both polls this week--tied for 36th in the USA Today and tied for 40th in the AP.
    maybe we'll have wac refs when we play in oxford?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    maybe we'll have wac refs when we play in oxford?
    Why don't we just try for GOOD officials... drop the conference stuff

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Hey the better the officials, the more games I'll be allowed to stay at. =)

T

+ Reply to Thread