+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sports Illustrated Article

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Sports Illustrated Article

The SI article on the road the Techsters face in getting "back" to national prominence was interesting, and a bit sobering. I don't know if it's quite fair to compare us to Western Kentucy or Long Beach State, however. Last time I checked, those teams hadn't been all 20+ NCAA tournaments.

The best point she made was about the financial power of the power conferences. With the drain our university faces by being a part of the WAC (for what..I am not sure any more, after the recent non-bowl debacle), I think it will be hard to garner the resources necessary compete against the Big Ten's the Big 12s, etc. Putting football conference affiliation aside: Does it make a difference what conference we are in? Does it make a difference to the Techsters if they're in the Sunbelt, WAC, CUSA or the whatever conference? I guess it's a moot point, as we need a conference affiliation to even have a SHOT at a bowl bid (as 97 and 99 definitely prove).

Just food for thought on a Saturday that SHOULD have seen us all getting geared up for an impending bowl game we SHOULD have been invited to. But...we're not bitter.:rolleyes4

Bulldog d-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around hered-dawg has turned a few heads around here

Re: Sports Illustrated Article

YOU KNOW I'M GETTING TIRED I PEOPLE SAYING THIS AND THAT ABOUT THE LADY TECHSTERS . PEOPLE SAYING THEY IS FALLING OFF OH WE NOT
    GETTING THE PEOPLE THAT WE NEED BUT YOU HAVE TO REALIZE IT TAKE TIME AND A GREAT PLAYER NOT GOING TO STAY WITH THE TEAM FOREVER THEY GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE ON ONE DAY AND I'M GLAD WE REBUILDING NOW INSTEAD OF LATER AND WE WILL GET BAD TO THE WAY WE NEED TO BE AND I JUST THINK WE GOING THREW A BAD SPELL

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

What Issue is that in? I usually skim them, I'll have to remind myself to actually read it.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I missed it, also.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

I'm not sure, either. I personally think they've done as well as possible in recent years. Fact is, women's basketball has become a much bigger business and, though the talent pool has grown, so has the level of interest from the money colleges. I believe our girls CAN get back to a ranked status, it'll just take time and patience.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Money would help. But selling the tradition to girls within 200 miles is the key, I would imagine.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

what month is this in? I would love to read the article. Losing Mulkey several years back hurt our chances at getting back to national powerhouse in the next decade. We HAVE to spend money on a grsat coach to get the recruits back that will get us there and that knows the X's and O's to get us there.

JFord

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

We need a good recruiter. As good as Barmore was he had good recruiters who would get the talent to Tech for Barmore to coach. Kim was a good recruiter and now a good head coach. We had our chance and we lost out, but we have a tradition and that can be used to help bring them in. If we keep our budget low, however, we will not ever rise again.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I think we have two great recruiters and one of the best X and O coaches out there. This may take a little time to get back, but we are headed in the right direction now. I don't think anyone believed that we would jump right to the top this year. We need a couple of years. However, sayiing that, the great thing is that we are just a couple of players short of getting back. We are not as far down as some think.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

I agree, Champ. Also, if our shots would start falling this season, we could be much better, and have been in that Tenn game. Need that win Tuesday. Go Techsters !!

+ Reply to Thread