+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TE position looking good

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Thumbs Up TE position looking good

I just talked to Anthony Harrison and the news was quite good. A-train was an honorable mention all american. I know it's just an honorable mention, but that's not bad for being the a freshman. And might I remind you, he was the second string TE behind James. Next year we'll have the A-train and Thad Williams... that's not a bad combination at all!!

T

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: TE position looking good

Isn't Anthony James supposed to graduate and get another year. We also have Dustin Mitchell and 2 highly touted freshmen coming in.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

IN highly touted freshman coming in....I hope your referring to McGill and Chambers

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Do we have a 4 Tight End formation??? 4 TE's lineup, bring our RB to the outside for those TE's to do their work. Or go back to the Diamond formation that we ran with Troy all the time.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Don't forget Casimire. He is a really good athlete and super kid.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

i'm actually quite worried about tight end.

for the second straight year, we might have to use a true freshman at that spot. thad williams? not sold on him. he'll be the fourth stringer again.

we have gooch, who will be the second tight end with harrison. gooch will play in two tight end sets when we run. however, that's usually when harrison is on the bench. at 230 pounds, he's not quite a very effective blocker. who knows, maybe yancey will put 25 pounds on him during the offseason.

so far, we have chambers to come in and help block. hopefully, we'll get mcgill. at 6-7, 270 he's a complete tight end.

i don't want to have to rely on freshmen, and right now it looks like we might. until then, we have harrison and gooch.

theprofessor

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

James will be back and he will be the starter.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    James will be back and he will be the starter.
    That's what I thought I had read here. I don't see how the position could be anything but stronger next year. With Mitchell and the new recruits to go with James, Harrison, and Williams, I think our TE's should be in great shape. Now, replacing Lipps and Stewart is a totally different thing. If we can find guys who can step up, I'll get real excited about this O next year.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

James 100%, Harrison, and Gooch are all we will need at TE. Mitchell should be ready in case of injury. RS the two FR. Move Thad Williams back to LB or DE, he has to be better there. Move Cassimere back to D if he isn't already there and tell him to gain 20 lbs and be ready to play DE as in HS. That's my plan.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I hear both sides of the ball want Cassimere and are pushing for his services. He is one they cannot wait to get on the field. The other is Bryan White from Springhill.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I hear both sides of the ball want Cassimere and are pushing for his services. He is one they cannot wait to get on the field. The other is Bryan White from Springhill.
    Why would we put him on O when we are losing our front 7 and we are stacked at TE?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Why would we put him on O when we are losing our front 7 and we are stacked at TE?
    Excellent point!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I don't know the answer, but that is where he was this year as a freshman we hoped to RS and only use in emergency. He is light right now at 240 I'm told. He came last summer as a true frosh to lift and plans to do the same this year. I work with his God father and I can tell you he comes from good people who are not afraid of hard work.

+ Reply to Thread