+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Research on Tougaloo

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Research on Tougaloo

Tougaloo College is a private, coeducational, historically black, church-related, but not church controlled, four-year liberal arts institution located on West County Line Road on the northern edge of the city of Jackson, Mississippi.

ENROLLMENT: 1,000
    FOUNDED: 1869
    GYMNASIUM: Owens Health and Wellness Center (seats 2500)
    COLORS: Royal Blue and Scarlet Red
    NICKNAME: Bulldogs, Lady Bulldogs
    NATIONAL AFFILIATION: NAIA-Division I
    CONFERENCE: Gulf Coast Athletic Conference (GCAC)

2005-2006 Results to date

Nov 5 Wiley College Away W 62-56 1-0
    Nov 9 Jarvis Christian College Away L 78-74 1-1
    Nov 10 Texas College Away L 93-59 1-2
    Nov 15 Delta State University HOME L 90-60 1-3
    Nov 16 Wiley College HOME W OT 86-83 2-3
    Nov 20 Rust College HOME L 83-68 2-4
    Nov 22 Philander Smith Away L 74-62 2-5
    Dec 5 Delta State University Away L 89-78 2-6
    Dec 10 Rust College Away L 93-67 2-7
    Dec 22 LOUISIANA TECH Away

Tougaloo is 2-7 with both wins against Wiley College of Marshall, TX. They will not have played in 10 days when they face Louisiana Tech on December 22, 2005.
    Last edited by HoDo-Tech70; 12-19-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Research on Tougaloo

And we are playing these guys AGAIN why? We have what to gain?

Way to go Oakes.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Practice?

Not too worried about it now - 2 of the next 3 come against teams that are (as of today) top 10 in the RPI -

Our SoS is fixin to get a huge boost in the arm - if we can some how beat Memphis or Wisconsin, that and a win at Texas Tech if you are on the bubble come early March could go along way in helping our cause -
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 12-19-2005 at 05:04 PM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg

Way to go Oakes.
    When did we play them before? What was the final score? Im going to be at the game, hoping for about 120 points and some nice dunks and plays by millsap and the guys. This could be a good game for millsap to put up some highlight reel plays

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    When did we play them before? What was the final score? Im going to be at the game, hoping for about 120 points and some nice dunks and plays by millsap and the guys. This could be a good game for millsap to put up some highlight reel plays
    Last game vs. Tougaloo was 12/20/2003. Tech 77 Tougaloo 55. Freshman Millsap playing his 7th game had 17 points 15 rebounds in 36 minutes of play. Tougaloo was 2-8 after the loss at Tech.

ADDED in Edit: Attendance at the game announced as 474. If I remember right, I counted much less but I did not count the few people in the concourse.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Boy, I'm excited.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Everyone under 18 gets in free for the doubleheader. Thats a pretty dang big incentive for families to come out.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

keep these names off the board!

we dont want them showing up on our schedule next year!

so tougaloo is in jackson? how much more would it cost to pay jackson st. to come here? at least some people have actually heard of them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Everyone under 18 gets in free for the doubleheader. Thats a pretty dang big incentive for families to come out.
    I agree -

But if you DON'T promote it no one knows -

I don't think anyone has any problem with the promotions - but when advertising it consists of an announcement in the 4 x 4 "freebie" in the Times and NewsStar on game day you get NO bump from the promotion -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    First I heard of it.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    Tougaloo College is a private, coeducational, historically black, church-related, but not church controlled, four-year liberal arts institution located on West County Line Road on the northern edge of the city of Jackson, Mississippi.

ENROLLMENT: 1,000
    FOUNDED: 1869
    GYMNASIUM: Owens Health and Wellness Center (seats 2500)
    COLORS: Royal Blue and Scarlet Red
    NICKNAME: Bulldogs, Lady Bulldogs
    NATIONAL AFFILIATION: NAIA-Division I
    CONFERENCE: Gulf Coast Athletic Conference (GCAC)

2005-2006 Results to date

Dec 22 LOUISIANA TECH Away

Tougaloo is 2-7 with both wins against Wiley College of Marshall, TX. They will not have played in 10 days when they face Louisiana Tech on December 22, 2005.
    Wiley College, that name is a blast from the past. Jerry Loyd's last season we won 2 games, one of those against Wiley College. Sooner and I were at the game and asked Bill Cox where Wiley College was. Cox's response was "behind Thelma's Bar-B-Que in Marshall Texas.

Later in the season, Loyd had an opening on the coaching staff. He filled the opening with, drum roll please, the head coach from Wiley College, the only team he had beaten all year.

The last game of the season, we counted a total of 182 people in Thomas Assembly Center. That number included everyone there. Referees, teams, cheerleaders (by then they could have been outcheered by the muddawg cheerleaders in Waterboy) and concession workers. You could hear the players shoes squeaking on the floor.

The moral of the story. No matter how bad you may think it is, it could be (and has been) worse. Go Dawgs, beat Tougaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg
    Wiley College, that name is a blast from the past. Jerry Loyd's last season we won 2 games, one of those against Wiley College. Sooner and I were at the game and asked Bill Cox where Wiley College was. Cox's response was "behind Thelma's Bar-B-Que in Marshall Texas.

Later in the season, Loyd had an opening on the coaching staff. He filled the opening with, drum roll please, the head coach from Wiley College, the only team he had beaten all year.

The last game of the season, we counted a total of 182 people in Thomas Assembly Center. That number included everyone there. Referees, teams, cheerleaders (by then they could have been outcheered by the muddawg cheerleaders in Waterboy) and concession workers. You could hear the players shoes squeaking on the floor.

The moral of the story. No matter how bad you may think it is, it could be (and has been) worse. Go Dawgs, beat Tougaloo!
    Yeah, I remember those days. I was one of the 182. Gruesome times, weren't they? We had so many straight 20 win seasons that it became a habit and it was tough to lose nearly every game. I long for the return of the glory - I am tired of mediocrity.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Whoop-de-doo for my Tougaloo!
    Go Tech!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    Yeah, I remember those days. I was one of the 182. Gruesome times, weren't they? We had so many straight 20 win seasons that it became a habit and it was tough to lose nearly every game. I long for the return of the glory - I am tired of mediocrity.
    I'm with you. I have gotten frustrated with the lack of committment to Men's basketball. It is the one program at Tech that could turn a quick profit with just a little more committment of passion and cash. Football is tapped out and no other program will ever provide a net gain to the budget with the possible exception of baseball. But what do I know?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I agree -

But if you DON'T promote it no one knows -

I don't think anyone has any problem with the promotions - but when advertising it consists of an announcement in the 4 x 4 "freebie" in the Times and NewsStar on game day you get NO bump from the promotion -
    Exactly, we do this all the time! Great ideas and no promotion.

Dwayne, would it be legal for BB&B to set up a promotion/advertising account and use it at our discretion? We could let Tech decide what goes in it and then we decide how and where to promote it.

+ Reply to Thread