+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarmist post. Don't read if you don't want to be alarmed.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Alarmist post. Don't read if you don't want to be alarmed.

In 1918, Spanish flu killed 100 million people worldwide. It killed more people in 24 months than AIDS has killed in 24 years, more in a year than the black death killed in a century. The US population was a third less than what it is today.

True, we have better health, hygiene, and we are better at handling infectious diseases today than they did in 1918. However, think of the consequences other than death: No air travel, areas of the country under quarantine, Hospitals strained to the maximum, people unable or unwilling to report to their jobs. The economy as we know it could come to a screeching halt.

PREPARE. Be responsible for yourselves.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051104/ts_nm/birdflu_dc

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Re: Alarmist post. Don't read if you don't want to be alarmed.

Good thing you live in a town with 2 horse and a buggy. You don't have anything to worry about as far as that is concerned. Now on the other hand, some of those girls you were with in college........

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    In 1918, Spanish flu killed 100 million people worldwide. It killed more people in 24 months than AIDS has killed in 24 years, more in a year than the black death killed in a century. The US population was a third less than what it is today.

True, we have better health, hygiene, and we are better at handling infectious diseases today than they did in 1918. However, think of the consequences other than death: No air travel, areas of the country under quarantine, Hospitals strained to the maximum, people unable or unwilling to report to their jobs. The economy as we know it could come to a screeching halt.

PREPARE. Be responsible for yourselves.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051104/ts_nm/birdflu_dc
    Gloom, dispair, and agony.....who are you? Junior Sample?

When your time comes.......

Reminds me of the old joke: A farmer had his own small single engine plane and one day he asked one of his farm hands to take a ride with him. The farm hand told him he would pass on the invitation.

Farmer: Are you scared of dying?

Hand: No sir.

Farmer: Don't you belive in God?

Hand: Yes sir.

Farmer: Don't you believe that when it's your time, that God will take you?

Hand: Yes sir

Farmer: I don't understand. You aren't scared of dying. You believe that God is in control and that when your time comes God will take you, but you don't want to go flying.

Hand: Yes sir, but we are might get up in that plane and your time might come.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Maddawg, I am not scared of dying. I am more concerned with the health and safety of my family as you should be too since you have about 100 kids. I don't want to turn on the TV and see Maddawg and his family bitching about why the government is not coming to save them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I appreciate your concern for me and mine's well being.:icon_wink

BTW, only five that I know of.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Gloom, dispair, and agony.....who are you? Junior Sample?

When your time comes.......

Reminds me of the old joke: A farmer had his own small single engine plane and one day he asked one of his farm hands to take a ride with him. The farm hand told him he would pass on the invitation.

Farmer: Are you scared of dying?

Hand: No sir.

Farmer: Don't you belive in God?

Hand: Yes sir.

Farmer: Don't you believe that when it's your time, that God will take you?

Hand: Yes sir

Farmer: I don't understand. You aren't scared of dying. You believe that God is in control and that when your time comes God will take you, but you don't want to go flying.

Hand: Yes sir, but we are might get up in that plane and your time might come.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Maddawg, I am not scared of dying. I am more concerned with the health and safety of my family as you should be too since you have about 100 kids. I don't want to turn on the TV and see Maddawg and his family bitching about why the government is not coming to save them.
    This is outside of my circle of influence, therefore I will think of it very, very little. I'm certainly not going to worry about it one bit.

Then you will be like one of those people stuck on a rooftop holding a sign that says "save me!". Be a boyscout.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

How does one prepare for this?

I am storing extra provisions. I have also purchased four doses of tamiflu. There is plenty of the medicine here in MountP since everyone here seems to be like Sooner.

Maybe the book I read has me worked up a little too much over this, but after seeing so many disasters lately, I am not taking anything lightly.

Doses meaning ten day regiment. Taken if risk of infection is very high or at the very first signs.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What's tamiflu?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Bird flu found in Canada ducks

November 1, 2005

TORONTO -- Nearly three dozen wild ducks have tested positive for the H5 bird flu virus in Canada, officials reported Monday, but they said it was unlikely to be the strain blamed for more than 60 human deaths in Southeast Asia.

Copyright 2005, commercialappeal.com - Memphis, TN. All Rights Reserved.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just heard about it on Talk Radio. Apparently they are trying to make the Swiss(?) company that produces it give up their patent so it can be mass produced. Interesting stuff.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

I am storing extra provisions. I have also purchased four doses of tamiflu. There is plenty of the medicine here in MountP since everyone here seems to be like Sooner.

Maybe the book I read has me worked up a little too much over this, but after seeing so many disasters lately, I am not taking anything lightly.
    Don't know about the tamiflu thing, but storing extra provisions is probably a common sense thing that we should all do.

See there Chicken Little.....you got me to thinkin'.

+ Reply to Thread