+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FAVORITE BOWL, SO FAR

Varsity Bulldog johnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around herejohnnyba99 has turned a few heads around here johnnyba99's Avatar

Re: FAVORITE BOWL, SO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    michigan got screwed by the belch.

amazing.

jmo :icon_wink
    No doubt about that. Just another reason the belt doesn't belong in Div 1. Those refs were in over their heads from the beginning and missed a ton of calls. Why in the world would belt officials be used in a bowl game in the first place?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

[quote=BLUE]WOW! I have a new favorite game. NEBRASKA vs MICHIGAN!! [quote]

That really was an exciting finish. It's a tie between the MPC bowl and the Alamo bowl for me. Both exciting finishes. I really don't know why Boise didn't run it on 1st and goal though...

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyba99
    Why in the world would belt officials be used in a bowl game in the first place?
    The officiating must go to the lowest bidder.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I stand in awe folks. Herbstreit actually picked 2001 Miami over USC. Not that I disagree (with half of Miami's roster now in the pros), it is just Herbstreit has been salivating over USC all season, I just couldnt believe it. Yeh, the NEB and MICH game was unbelievable. The laterals at the end topped it off, it was quite a finish.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I stand in awe folks. Herbstreit actually picked 2001 Miami over USC. Not that I disagree (with half of Miami's roster now in the pros), it is just Herbstreit has been salivating over USC all season, I just couldnt believe it. Yeh, the NEB and MICH game was unbelievable. The laterals at the end topped it off, it was quite a finish.
    May: I don't know Herby, the 85 Bears had a few players from the Big East...

Herby: That's true Mark, but USC has White, Bush, AND Leinert...not to mention John David Booty...I'd say USC by at least 70.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    May: I don't know Herby, the 85 Bears had a few players from the Big East...

Herby: That's true Mark, but USC has White, Bush, AND Leinert...not to mention John David Booty...I'd say USC by at least 70.
    It would be funny if it weren't so true.

I am glad they finally came to their senses with Miami. I mean, 2001 Miami had 8 All-Americans. USC has 3. Plus Miami's defense was infinitely better than anything USC fielded this year.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

G.T. vs Utah

What a YAWNER ! ! ! !

How the heck did georgia tech get ranked in the top 25 ??

They are bad.

They stink.

They are $hit.

jmo

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Looks like the Duck's O.C. is doing a pretty good job with the play-calling, at least 1st half.

Way to Go, G.C.

jmo

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB

How the heck did georgia tech get ranked in the top 25 ??

jmo
    By beating Auburn, Clemson, and Miami. They should be in the WAC with that kind of inconsistency.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was really looking forward to the Holiday Bowl (Oregon/Oklahoma). Thought Oregon should have been in BCS bowl with only loss to USC. Crowton has made some questionable play calls, IMHO. Have a big bet on the Ducks -3, but quit watching midway thru 3rd quarter. Hopefully, when I tune back things will be better.

Looking forward to Liberty Bowl. Do you guys think Fresno should win big over Tulsa?

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I thought that the Oregon/Oklahoma game was awesome. Leaf made some EXCELLENT plays towards the end, and then he threw the INT.

Fresno should CRUSH Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    By beating Auburn, Clemson, and Miami. They should be in the WAC with that kind of inconsistency.
    Of course, everyone knows about their great "fluke ??" wins. However, they oughta be put into the belch for showing up at the Emerald Bowl standing around pouting with their thumbs stuck up their butts.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    I thought that the Oregon/Oklahoma game was awesome. Leaf made some EXCELLENT plays towards the end, and then he threw the INT.
    Agreed. Another SUPER FUN game to watch.

I thought both Leaf and Dixon looked pi$$-poor at qb throughout the game for the Ducks. In fact, I attribute Oregon's loss mostly to poor qb play.

G.C. punched his lunch ticket with Tim Ratay. Too bad Kellen Clemens went down mid-season for the Ducks, or he might have punched it again this year ??

jmo

( nothing personal intended for my friends from Oklahoma -- congrats on the win )

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    It would be funny if it weren't so true.

I am glad they finally came to their senses with Miami. I mean, 2001 Miami had 8 All-Americans. USC has 3. Plus Miami's defense was infinitely better than anything USC fielded this year.
    yeah, those canes were amazing...Shockey, Portis, Reed, Rumph, and of course Dorsey (great College QB). I found myself wondering what will happen if Texas beats them...will a Texas team that would've never been considered for this list before automatically be catapulted to the top 3 like Mark May said? I mean, was this years Fresno team who lost by less than 2 td's one of the greats...had they beaten them, would the universe continue to exist. Since USC 2005 is the greatest team in the world, is Notre Dame (who lost to MSU) only 1 point worse than the greatest team of all time...this is such a joke. This year's USC isn't as good as last years team.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

If this year's D were as good as last year's, then they might have a better case for their claims. They are not undefeated because they are a great TEAM, but because their offense is good enough to outscore opponents that their D can't handle.

+ Reply to Thread