+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAVORITE BOWL, SO FAR

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: FAVORITE BOWL, SO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I bet you picked Oklahoma last year too didn't you?
    You are probably that guy that is so delusional that you think USC could beat a pro team. The Texans would kill USC.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Actually all of the games have been entertaining. I started surfing with Nevada up by 10 with just a little over two minutes to go. Figured it was in the bag. When I came back they were in OT. So that game was probably the biggest nail biter. I picked Nevada, and then Memphis to go 7-0 in the Pick Em Contest. I picked Texas over USC with a little defense with "only" 54 total points scored for the tie breaker. I don't like them, but now - Go Clemson.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    You are probably that guy that is so delusional that you think USC could beat a pro team. The Texans would kill USC.
    Did I say that? Or you just like putting words in people's mouths because you're an asshole with an inferiority complex?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I would take USC over the Texans, but not over the Longhorns. And I am tired of the "best team ever" stuff on ESPN, too. I can see that yes, today's USC team would lay a wollup on the 1955 Sooners (their center was only 5'8" for crying out loud), but when they picked USC over the 1988 Notre Dame team, I realized they were morons. Anybody see who they picked last night?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I kept waiting for Texas to slip up during the year, like they always seem to do. When they didn't, I thought they are for real. So, I am going to go out on a limb and pick Texas to win.
    Go Tech!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I would take USC over the Texans, but not over the Longhorns. And I am tired of the "best team ever" stuff on ESPN, too. I can see that yes, today's USC team would lay a wollup on the 1955 Sooners (their center was only 5'8" for crying out loud), but when they picked USC over the 1988 Notre Dame team, I realized they were morons. Anybody see who they picked last night?
    Anybody who would take ANY college team over ANY professional team would be a moron. It would look like Men playing against Boys.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Anybody who would take ANY college team over ANY professional team would be a moron. It would look like Men playing against Boys.
    I KNEW I would get somebody riled up , just didn't expect the name-calling!

Of course, until it actually happens, no one will ever know, will they?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I KNEW I would get somebody riled up , just didn't expect the name-calling!

Of course, until it actually happens, no one will ever know, will they?

Many, many years ago, they had a NFL/NCAA game every year with the Super Bowl Champion and an all star team of college seniors. This occurred in August I believe. They held it a number of years, but the college kids only won a couple of games I think, none the last 15 or so years. They finally stopped it due to the one-sidedness in the early to mid 70's.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Did I say that? Or you just like putting words in people's mouths because you're an asshole with an inferiority complex?
    I believe words started getting put in people's mouths when you said I probably picked OK to beat them last year, my comment was a response to your idiocy. Anyway, an inferiority complex? Wow, I love how some people on here love to revert back to that statement constantly, as if they are some big dick in the pissing contest. I have heard it too many times, usually from those who like to think they are superior, so they try to convince you that you think you are inferior. It is funny, but take that unsubstantiated horse crap turn it sideways and shove it up your ass.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Many, many years ago, they had a NFL/NCAA game every year with the Super Bowl Champion and an all star team of college seniors. This occurred in August I believe. They held it a number of years, but the college kids only won a couple of games I think, none the last 15 or so years. They finally stopped it due to the one-sidedness in the early to mid 70's.

Hook - It actually started before there was such a thing as a Super Bowl. In fact, the first game I ever saw called because of rain was the last ever all star game. I think it was in Chicago, and you couldn't even see the players on the field. The rain was coming sideways and completely obliterated everything.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe words started getting put in people's mouths when you said I probably picked OK to beat them last year, my comment was a response to your idiocy. Anyway, an inferiority complex? Wow, I love how some people on here love to revert back to that statement constantly, as if they are some big dick in the pissing contest. I have heard it too many times, usually from those who like to think they are superior, so they try to convince you that you think you are inferior. It is funny, but take that unsubstantiated horse crap turn it sideways and shove it up your ass.

Woohoo, apparently you're getting a little too close to some of those real live longhorns.

By the way, its Glen Mitchell, 119 Marlou Circle, Ruston, LA. YOu can come attempt to shove it up my ass any time you feel like it ASSHOLE.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Dear Editor—
    I am a La Tech alum. The bowl selection commitees have made me wonder if bowl games exist for LA Tech. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, do bowl games exist?
    Beefcakes
    Beefcakes, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, beefcakes, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.
    Yes, Beefcakes, there are bowl games. They exist as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no bowl games! It would be as dreary as if there was no beefcakes. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.
    Not believe in bowl games! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the televisions during the holidays to catch highlights, but even if you did not see bowl game highlights, what would that prove? LA Tech is NEVER bowl eligible, but that is no sign that there are no bowl games. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
    You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, beefcakes, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.
    No bowl games! Thank God! they live and live forever. A thousand years from now, beefcakes, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, they will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Woohoo, apparently you're getting a little too close to some of those real live longhorns.
    Can't we all just get along?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Hook - It actually started before there was such a thing as a Super Bowl. In fact, the first game I ever saw called because of rain was the last ever all star game. I think it was in Chicago, and you couldn't even see the players on the field. The rain was coming sideways and completely obliterated everything.
    You are right, I think it started sometime in the 50s. I do not even remember what it was called. Me being an underdog kind of guy, I always rooted for the college kids.

+ Reply to Thread