+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints - Reggie Bush?

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Saints - Reggie Bush?

looks like if houston beats san fran, then 4 or 5 teams will probably have 3-13 records. the saints would likely have the lowest strength of schedule, giving them the #1 pick. would you take reggie bush? or since u have deuce, would you trade down to pick 2-4, draft matt lienert, and try to pick up some extra players and/or picks?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ush/index.html

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Saints - Reggie Bush?

if vince young comes out, do the saints want young or lienert? (or bush)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

They NEED a quarterback! But trading the number 1 pick for the number 2 or 3 spot IMO would not get you much in the draft. And if you trade down further could you still get Leinert or Young? The best spot for the Saints would be the number 2 spot and then take your pick.
    GO 49ers!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Draft Bush and make a trade for a QB.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I agree with Clyde. Draft Bush and trade for QB and either more picks in this draft or future drafts. Only trade down IF you get mucho picks for this draft and can still get Leinhart or Young. I personally like Young better than Leinart. He is MUCH more mobile.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to see them trade the pick for Phillip Rivers and another pick. They could probably get the Chargers 2nd (or maybe even 1st) rounder and Rivers for that coveted #1 pick. Rivers has been in an NFL system for 2 years and is probably more ready to contribute than any rookie.

But there will need to be some front office changes made before we see any improvement. Damn, I wish we could get rid of Benson. Incompetence starts at the top, folks.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

oops... double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    They NEED a quarterback! But trading the number 1 pick for the number 2 or 3 spot IMO would not get you much in the draft. And if you trade down further could you still get Leinert or Young? The best spot for the Saints would be the number 2 spot and then take your pick.
    GO 49ers!
    when the chargers traded the #1 (vick) for the #5 (lt) they also got a 2nd round pick that turned into drew brees.

with all the hype over bush, i think they could trade down to 3, 4 or 5, (wherever san fran ends up?) and still get young or lienert. at the very least, they should be able to get a second round pick and a good young defensive player in the trade.

ok, they drafted brees with their own 2nd rounder.

they got a 1st (#5) and a 3rd that year and a 2nd the following year. plus tim dwight.

"The Falcons were the only team to make a trade offer, and when they included Dwight in a package that included first- and third-round picks in 2001 and a second-round choice in 2002, Butler signed off on it."

it all depends on what you can get. if you can get a 2nd rounder, it might be worth it. here are the other trades of the #1 pick:

http://www.nfl.com/insider/story/4391868

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

You have to take Reggie Bush and keep him....He is really to special.. With or without Deuce. From reports i'm hearing Deuce's knee isnt responding from surgery as expected. The only way you draft a QB is if they have the 2 or 3 pick. I'll put it this way dont draft Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Reggie Bush is unreal...And I hate USC.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Draft Bush and make a trade for a QB.
    I agree, if you gave a chance of getting bush, you have to take it. The chance may never come again

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

Who can tell what the Saints would do....what we should be doing to determine what they will do is figuring out the smartest thing...and then saying the opposite from that. lol

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bengal
    Who can tell what the Saints would do....what we should be doing to determine what they will do is figuring out the smartest thing...and then saying the opposite from that. lol
    Yeh, Reggie Bush is available, but I say we will take another DL this year. That will make it about a decade straight of not a special position player in a row.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I just don't see any "special" QB's in this draft. Leinert is decent, but I think we could pick-up someone better through trades. if Bush is there, you gotta take him. After that, I guess it's a crap shoot. I don't see them taking a QB...Maybe Ferguesson(sp.) or Hawk. I personally think that Leinert or Young would be a waste of a pick...if Bush is gone, trade down and pick up an extra first round pick and start filling holes...we got plenty to choose from.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread