+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints - Reggie Bush?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Saints - Reggie Bush?

Why would anyone in their right mind trade UP for a runningback? That is a lot of money to invest in a short career. If Saints have first pick they take Leinart because they are through with Brooks. If they draft Bush they are keeping him and that just makes no sense because at the moment they wouldn't get much for Deuce coming off of injury.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

As much as I hate USC, Bush is too good to bass up. If you have a chance to get him, you HAVE to get him. I don't think Vince Young and Lienart are all that special. Ya they are the best quarterbacks in the NCAA right now but that doesnt mean much this year. If we have a chance to pick up Bush we need to do it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    If Saints have first pick they take Leinart because they are through with Brooks.
    That would be the worst possible thing for them to do. Leinert is a product of the system. I would take Brady Quinn over him and Young. There are Quarterbacks available through free agency and trades that would help us much more than Leinert. I like Jay's idea about a blockbuster trade with the 49ers. Leinert is no Carson Palmer (Palmer has a bigger arm and, IMHO, played in a tougher Pac-10 with fewer weapons around him).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    That would be the worst possible thing for them to do. Leinert is a product of the system. I would take Brady Quinn over him and Young. There are Quarterbacks available through free agency and trades that would help us much more than Leinert. I like Jay's idea about a blockbuster trade with the 49ers. Leinert is no Carson Palmer (Palmer has a bigger arm and, IMHO, played in a tougher Pac-10 with fewer weapons around him).
    First of all this is USC not Oklahoma. There is no real Heisman winning system QB. What weapons did he not have? He had the biggest weapon in Mike Williams for a year. Mike would be a higher pick than Reggie Bush if he stayed because he was still learning to play the game. Leinart is the best QB in the draft unless Young comes out and then it is close. I agree he is no Palmer but neither is Brady Quinn.

All I am saying is trading up for a runningback is dumb. If Saints get first pick they have their choice of Leinart or Bush. There will be no trading unless some team trades up to take Leinart at 1. Reggie Bush will be an expensive pick. Teams cannot afford to give up something (which will have to be big) to trade up to spend so much money in a runningback that will be around for a short time like all runningback careers are. That isn't a good investment when you could draft a franchise QB that will be in your system for years after that and hopefully winning Super Bowls.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Leinert=Harrington...period. If he gets picked ahead of Reggie Bush, I'll make a $50 donation to CHAMPS in your name. Reggie Bush is THE #1 pick and he is head and shoulders above any QB in the draft...even for a team that already has a running back. Leinert and Young are good college QB's, like Charlie Ward, Danny W., and Jason White before them (Danny W. being the best of the listed)...they aren't NFL QB's.

Leinert=Harrington...period. If he gets picked ahead of Reggie Bush, I'll make a $50 donation to CHAMPS in your name. Reggie Bush is THE #1 pick and he is head and shoulders above any QB in the draft...even for a team that already has a running back. Leinert and Young are good college QB's, like Charlie Ward, Danny W., and Jason White before them (Danny W. being the best of the listed)...they aren't NFL QB's.
    I agree that Bush is the top pick in this year's draft but teams won't trade up for him. Best I can see is something like the Colts trading Edge and the last pick of the first round for Bush but I don't even know if that would be enough. Teams at the top of the draft don't have as much of a need of a runningback to trade their team into salary cap mess.

But I still think you are off on Leinart. I believe Bush is the better prospect and Leinart will not be as good as Palmer but I do not think USC will ever have another QB as good as Palmer. I haven't seen anything showing me he can't make it in the NFL like Jason White would show. Leinart is a great college QB on an amazing team that can be a good NFL QB. However don't take any of that as me saying he will be like Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer or even Brett Favre today.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Texans win. Saints have the #2 pick overall.

It looks like Saints have the number 2 pick. I think they locked that up with a loss to Tampa Bay but San Francisco winning locks it in. So it will be Leinart.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

It looks like Saints have the number 2 pick. I think they locked that up with a loss to Tampa Bay but San Francisco winning locks it in. So it will be Leinart.
    Nah, if this is a typical Saints draft you'll hear this:

With the second pick in the 2006 draft, the Saints select (fill in name), a 180 lb TE from Central Bumstock U.

The Saints need a QB. Well, they need a lot more than that, but a real QB would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Nah, if this is a typical Saints draft you'll hear this:

With the second pick in the 2006 draft, the Saints select (fill in name), a 180 lb TE from Central Bumstock U.

The Saints need a QB. Well, they need a lot more than that, but a real QB would be a great start.
    Saints are going to draft a player from USC. Now get ready for this. 2nd pick of the 2006 draft is Tom Malone, punter, USC.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The Saints will get the second pick and will royally screw it up. They will make some dumb pick or pick some player no one has ever heard of or wanted to hear of because they couldn't play. I haven't watched a game all year, and I have the Game Plan. It is hard to be a Saints fan! They need to let Benson leave without the Saints name and let Terry Bradshaw and his group get a new Saints team without Benson. Yeah, I know it will not happen, but, I sure would like it. Bush is by far the best in the draft - I agree the QB is not going to be that good in the pros.

I can think of several players that would make more of an immediate impact that Leinert. D. Furguesson from Virginia is one(Wayne Gandy just celebrated his 50th bday)...AJ Hawk is another. There will be free-agent QB's that we can get...Phillip Rivers would probably top my list...Tim Rattay wouldn't be far behind. Let's also not forget that Griese might not want media darling Chris Simms looking over his shoulder. But alas, I believe the Saints will screw it up. They will take Leinert and everyone will think it was a good decision...in 4 years when we finally give up on him, we'll be watching Hawk and Furgy in their 2nd or 3rd pro-bowls.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I can think of several players that would make more of an immediate impact that Leinert. D. Furguesson from Virginia is one(Wayne Gandy just celebrated his 50th bday)...AJ Hawk is another. There will be free-agent QB's that we can get...Phillip Rivers would probably top my list...Tim Rattay wouldn't be far behind. Let's also not forget that Griese might not want media darling Chris Simms looking over his shoulder. But alas, I believe the Saints will screw it up. They will take Leinert and everyone will think it was a good decision...in 4 years when we finally give up on him, we'll be watching Hawk and Furgy in their 2nd or 3rd pro-bowls.
    Those other players will of course have a better initial impact. They don't play the hardest position in football. QB's will ALWAYS take time to develop. Leinert will be fine in a few years if he stays healthy. What's the deal with his knee?? Never seen him without a brace on it. Is it bad or that just for protection??

As for QB's, you will have to TRADE for Rivers who has proven absolutly NOTHING in San Diego. Since he was a first rounder, SD will be asking alot for him. Would you give up a First or Second Round pick on an unknown talent?? I wouldn't. What are the chances of Tim getting a starting job somewhere, and does his agent know about it and/or working on that?? Does Gruden have enough faith in him to keep him around?? Lots of unknown factors here.

The way the Saints are managed and play do we even want Tim there?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The way the Saints are managed and play do we even want Tim there?
    I used to want Tech players on their roster...but in the recent past, I have done a complete reversal...i want no Tech men gracing their sidelines!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread