+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Score updates

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Score updates

Congratulations Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Also, Ty and ARay have REALLY stepped it up this year. This is a MUCH more motivated team than last year.

Ty - 10 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 blocks ALL in the second half!
    Amber M. - 6 steals
    The defense was the key to this one, though.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ok, sorry Champ110, but you may not like this comment. I'm NOT impressed with ARay (offensively at least, I haven't watched Defense, so I can't speak of that.).. the only thing that I hear in every broadcast that I've listened to is Boyd for 3, Boyd for 3, Boyd for 3. It doesn't sound like she distributes the ball very well and a couple of times the announcer tells us about the poor shot selection from her. The 3 point shot is one of the lowest percentage shots just because of the distance. I would love to hear about some driving to the basket, some 15 footers and more HIGH percentage shots. According to latechsports.com she has taken 77 3's.. that's triple the attempts by the second highest. I have thought this for the last 2 years now. 77 3's out of 121 shots, is WAY too high. Come tournament time, teams will know this and shut her down. Last year she took 120 3's out of 157 shots, and not one game was she the high scorer. I would like to see her spread the ball around and share the love... ok, sorry, I'm better now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Boyd has a pretty shot. Her mechanics are sound: squares up, nice release point, perfect rotation on the ball.... She should be our best scorer. But, she's not. The rest of her game has sorely lacked. But, she is showing improvement in other aspects of her game this year. For the Techsters to do anything worthwhile, like crack the Top 25, advance to the Sweet 16, Boyd will have to elevate her game even more...and soon! Metoyer, Ty Moore, and Kursh have all got to step it up too.

Boyd is a reflection of this whole team. I keep saying, this team is more talented than what they are showing, and yet, here they are again, struggling to find some consistency. It's been the same way for the past two seasons with this group.

Some blame Budke...okay, he deserves blame for recruiting most of these players, that's true. But, if Long is truly a superior coach, than come March we should see some noticable improvement in this team.

Champ's eternal optimism has me believing that we will see a return of the Techsters this year!

get-r-dun

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I had big concerns about Ray for the last few years. However, she was recruited for her 3 point shooting ability and she has made some HUGE shots over her time at Tech that really helped the team out. It was expected that she could develop the defensive skills that she needed after she got here. However, Budke did not work with her on that and only put her in the game to hit those shots, when we needed them. You and already see a HUGE difference in her game this year, with the help of coaching and teaching. She has come a very long way in a very short time this year. If she continues to develop, she will be a big time player this year.

Shan and Kursh are the X factors in my opinion. Shan has the ability to cut and slash, plus she is extremely quick. Long has stated that she needed to get her confidence back shooting the ball. If she does, look out everyone. Kursh is one of the most competitive players that we have ever had. She is so emotional that she gets in trouble some - see "T" from last night. However, that is the type of emotion that wins games.

Ty has improved by leaps and bounds already and continues to improve. Tasha is awesome, but needs to get her offense back. Eboni, well she is simply a star in the making.

We have a good team. We had a good team last year, as well. It just never clicked. They didn't seem to be motivated. They didn't play with heart. They are doing that this year with Coach Long. We still need a true post player, but we are making up for it with pure heart this year.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Are we using DeCiman at all this year.She must really be bad.I thought for sure she would develope.what a waste of a really tall inside game

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

If you google for Jonesboro Sun you'll find long stories and a couple of nice photos. Great game, young women!
    Access is free. I haven't checked democrat gazette site.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Here's my opinion:

All of the role players (I consider role players everybody but Tasha) have stepped up somewhat except for Shan and Margaret. We will need more offense from Shan for this team to succeed. Margaret could be a force on defense if she would learn to play defense without getting those cheap fouls. I think Eboni, Amber, Ty, and Tamika are all playing solid right now, but there is always room for them to step up more.

To me Aray seems to be our go-to player now. Yes, she does shoot a lot of 3s, but this year she has added to her arsenal. Sometimes she drives and shoots midrange jumpers off the dribble. Some of her shots are illadvised, but she's not scared to shoot the ball. Eboni is not afraid to shoot either. But somebody is going to have to shoot the ball, so why not Aray? As of now, it doesn't appear that Tasha wants to be the go-to scorer. Aray has picked up her D this year as well.

If this team plays with heart, fire, and with something to prove, this TEAM can beat anybody! GO TECHSTERS!!

+ Reply to Thread