+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LONG

Puppy hoopgal is an unknown

LONG

I TELL TELL YOU THIS MUCH THAT I KNOW FOR A FACT. OUR PRESIDENT WANTED CHRIS LONG FIRED 2 YEARS AGO. WE ALL SHOULD THANK BUDKE FOR KEEPING HIM. SOME OF YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS. BUDKE WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AT OSU BUT HE WILL MAKE THEM A WINNER. IT IS EASIER TO RECUIRT IN THE BIG 12.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: LONG

Quote Originally Posted by hoopgal
    I TELL TELL YOU THIS MUCH THAT I KNOW FOR A FACT. OUR PRESIDENT WANTED CHRIS LONG FIRED 2 YEARS AGO. WE ALL SHOULD THANK BUDKE FOR KEEPING HIM. SOME OF YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS. BUDKE WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AT OSU BUT HE WILL MAKE THEM A WINNER. IT IS EASIER TO RECUIRT IN THE BIG 12.
    Interesting first post - coming to yell at us w/ all caps.....and, not quite sure of the point of your message.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

???

Not sure what you are saying. I think if D.R. wanted Long fired, he would have not hired him as head coach.

As for Budke, maybe he will get OSU to a "middle of the pack" team in the B12, but I doubt he will go further than that. While, at Tech, we are building a top program again.

MY POINT IS THAT COACH BUDKE DID DO THINGS TO HELP THIS PROGRAM. WE ALL REALLY LIKE CHRIS AND HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HERE WITHOUT SOME HELP FROM BUDKE.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

MY POINT IS THAT COACH BUDKE DID DO THINGS TO HELP THIS PROGRAM. WE ALL REALLY LIKE CHRIS AND HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HERE WITHOUT SOME HELP FROM BUDKE.
    We are all entitled to our opinion. I don't agree with you, but I am glad that Long is here now. I am sure Budke appreciates your support.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Budke will need all the support he can get if Jerry Palm's 0-16 Big 12 record projection holds true.

Hoopgal, you would be better served by following proper internet board etiquette and not screaming your posts in all caps.

I am not trying to be a big booster of Budke. I just think he did do some good things!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Yeah he did do some good, kept Long around (according to you), and left.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I am not trying to be a big booster of Budke. I just think he did do some good things!
    Some examples please, without yelling.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

He did good things for whom? Himself? Temple? I will forever believe that Budke threw that game against Temple. After that game he left Ruston so fast it was if someone had a death contract on him.

I have been really trying to think of how Budke helped us. It is difficult to find things for me. If I was going to say anything, it would be going 2-0 against Texas Tech. Wasn't one of those his first game at Tech? That was good, especially noting that Barmore was one and out the year before in the NCAA tournament with Cheryl Ford.

However, Budke did a poor job of motivating the players in my opinion. They are playing really well right now - like they are proud to be from Louisiana Tech. That is what we need. We haven't had that while Budke was here. Also, he didn't seem to figure out what to do in games. Last year, we would just fall apart in the second half of many games. We lost to Boise, for goodness sakes. We almost lost to Alcorn. That is not what the name Lady Techsters stands for.

He did get Ebony Mangham. She will be a big time player I think. I believe we would have gotten Emily Carter if he would have stayed. You guys have to understand no one is going to stay at Tech very long with the salary they pay. Let us see if Long can get this team to the sweet 16 anytime soon.

He did get Ebony Mangham. She will be a big time player I think. I believe we would have gotten Emily Carter if he would have stayed. You guys have to understand no one is going to stay at Tech very long with the salary they pay. Let us see if Long can get this team to the sweet 16 anytime soon.
    I think Long had a LOT to do with Eboni. In fact, I am pretty sure about that. Also, I don't think Carter would have come for Budke.

I don't want to argue with you. You sound like you support the Techsters, but I think Long is the man we want over Budke. As for salary, don't be so sure that we don't match up with many that would surprise you. The cost of living in Ruston is better than most places. We don't pay top dollar, but we have a place to build and maintain a great reputation and settle in to a great community as a leader - ask Barmore. Long is young and has a young family. I could see him being her for the long run.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'm not a fan of Long either. The can't coach he was just in the right place at the right time and received the job. The Techster's tradition will keep us a "decent" team for the next 5 years but the "great" Techster teams are gone forever. I just wish Tennessee hadn't denied us the two national championships when I was in school.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I could not care less about Budke. Let him go waller in the XII with KMR and Gary Blair. He's not here anymore. Get over it.
    Our coach is Chris Long. He's got a contract.
    Let him coach and quit the distractions.
    Hell, if DR wanted Long fired and Budke didn't do it, then Budke should have been fired.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread