+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LONG

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Re: LONG

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek
    I'm not a fan of Long either. The can't coach he was just in the right place at the right time and received the job. The Techster's tradition will keep us a "decent" team for the next 5 years but the "great" Techster teams are gone forever. I just wish Tennessee hadn't denied us the two national championships when I was in school.
    Well, I disagree about Coach Long. I really think he is the best man for the job. To me, he is a younger version of Leon. Also, Leon and Sonja Hoag, I hope I spelled her last name correctly, built this team at the start together. Coach Long has to rebuild. I don't like to criticize, but it seems Budke did do some good things, but recruiting was not one of them. As has been posted before, you can't win at D1 with mostly JUCO players. You need good high school players to build a great team, and I believe that Coach Long as well as the staff he has here will do that. I also agree that Coach Long has already proven that he can motivate a team when games are close, and the team is not playing very well. I agree with the posts that in some games, Budtke didn't seem to have what it took to motivate the team to gut it out. We could have and imo, should have beat Temple last year. Finally, I don't understand why Budtke took the job at O-State, when they have never been a very good team, have always been at or near the cellar of the B12, and will take a lot longer to build that team up, then it would have taken him to bring our team down even further, if he had stayed. Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to offer a different opinion. Coach Long, who is doing a good job already. Plus, please remember that this his is 1st head coaching job anywhere in the college ranks. Budtke had some experience at the JUCO. Not D1, I know, but definitely more than Coach Long, and CL also has to rebuild. Budtke came into an established program. I'll end now. Happy New Year everyone. I am going to my neighbors now to ring in the new year !! Go Techsters !!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71
    Well, I disagree about Coach Long. I really think he is the best man for the job. To me, he is a younger version of Leon. Also, Leon and Sonja Hoag, I hope I spelled her last name correctly, built this team at the start together. Coach Long has to rebuild. I don't like to criticize, but it seems Budke did do some good things, but recruiting was not one of them. As has been posted before, you can't win at D1 with mostly JUCO players. You need good high school players to build a great team, and I believe that Coach Long as well as the staff he has here will do that. I also agree that Coach Long has already proven that he can motivate a team when games are close, and the team is not playing very well. I agree with the posts that in some games, Budtke didn't seem to have what it took to motivate the team to gut it out. We could have and imo, should have beat Temple last year. Finally, I don't understand why Budtke took the job at O-State, when they have never been a very good team, have always been at or near the cellar of the B12, and will take a lot longer to build that team up, then it would have taken him to bring our team down even further, if he had stayed. Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to offer a different opinion. Coach Long, who is doing a good job already. Plus, please remember that this his is 1st head coaching job anywhere in the college ranks. Budtke had some experience at the JUCO. Not D1, I know, but definitely more than Coach Long, and CL also has to rebuild. Budtke came into an established program. I'll end now. Happy New Year everyone. I am going to my neighbors now to ring in the new year !! Go Techsters !!!
    First of all, don't pay any attention to dogtek. He is just here for comic relief.

As for why Budke left, he left because there was no where for him to go but down here. He, obviously, was not going to be able to live up to our expectations for a Techster coach. By leaving, the pressure is gone and he got more money. He could win 6 games at OSU this year and everyone will state that the program is "improving". It is much easier to build a program from scratch in a place where expectations are low than it is to maintain a top program.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Glad you are online here Hoopgal. We need different perspectives to understand what is going on. Most of the conversations on Internet boards make little sense, serve little purpose and lack adequate background information to have value. It is interesting, but lacks authority. What you said was clear and simple and suggests that what you asserted is based on evidence.

To be focusing on Budke now seems ridiculous, but it may occur because most guys on the board tried to be nice about him while he was at Tech and now feel free to say how they really felt then!

We need to support Long and the Techsters and enjoy the moment. Games can be played only one at a time, like most things in life! Just try to win, expect to win and learn and win again!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Glad you are online here Hoopgal. We need different perspectives to understand what is going on. Most of the conversations on Internet boards make little sense, serve little purpose and lack adequate background information to have value. It is interesting, but lacks authority. What you said was clear and simple and suggests that what you asserted is based on evidence.

To be focusing on Budke now seems ridiculous, but it may occur because most guys on the board tried to be nice about him while he was at Tech and now feel free to say how they really felt then!

We need to support Long and the Techsters and enjoy the moment. Games can be played only one at a time, like most things in life! Just try to win, expect to win and learn and win again!
    I agree, Aub. Good post. Even though, some of us may disagree with some things stated, we all love Tech (except for a few flamers on here). It is good to have different opinions and it makes the board worth reading. Otherwise, we would just all be patting each other on the back in agreement. Stay on, hoopgal. If you are true blue Tech, we will certainly agree on some things at times.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique

Obviously you MUST be hung over with something this morning if you thought what hoopgal wrote initially was "clear and simple and suggests what you asserted is based on evidence". New year, same old thing.....you always leave me shaking my head!

Puppy hoopgal is an unknown

The only reason that I mention Budke now is that some folks on here seem to think that he did not care about Tech. I know how badly he wanted to win. Long can do a good job,but if he does he will have offers. I hope as much as any of you that we have a great season.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopgal
    The only reason that I mention Budke now is that some folks on here seem to think that he did not care about Tech. I know how badly he wanted to win. Long can do a good job,but if he does he will have offers. I hope as much as any of you that we have a great season.
    I couldn't care less about what Budke wanted. IF he did want Tech to succeed then he is a bad coach. A trained monkey could have done a better job of coaching that Temple game that he gave away by BAD coaching. I doubt you will find many that care what he does, we are just happy that he is somewhere else doing it. He did nothing but lose ground for our program.

Puppy MuleDog is an unknown

I believe that Chris Long is a good x's and o's coach and I know he is one of the best at planning strategy for upcoming games. He seems to be able to motivate the players. It remains to be seen whether he is going to be a successful recruiter. It seems strange to me that Dr. Reneau would hire Long as head coach if he had wanted him fired as assistant coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MuleDog
    I believe that Chris Long is a good x's and o's coach and I know he is one of the best at planning strategy for upcoming games. He seems to be able to motivate the players. It remains to be seen whether he is going to be a successful recruiter. It seems strange to me that Dr. Reneau would hire Long as head coach if he had wanted him fired as assistant coach.
    You are exactly right.

As for recruiting, there are two VERY qualified persons to assist with that. Only time will tell, but I like what I am seeing.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Is HOOPGAL related to or otherwise "connected " to Budke?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

Question Re: LONG

Just a guess - Sara Budke = HOOPGAL
    She did play hoops at AE Phillips & Ruston JH.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jbgood57
    Just a guess - Sara Budke = HOOPGAL
    She did play hoops at AE Phillips & Ruston JH.
    He married a local gal?

I have no idea who hoopgal is. It may be one of Budke's family members or it could be a former player that liked him. I don't even mind her having a different opinion than almost all Tech fans about Budke. The statement that we can't compete with B12 schools, though, if way off base. One look at the history of our series with all B12 schools should answer that question. Also, if Budke wants respect from Tech fans, he needs to start watching what he says to the media. Oklahoma State has a looooong way to go before even staying on the floor against us. Just because the conference is better does NOT indicate the program having an advantage. If Tech uses their reputation, we will outrecruit 95% of the other programs in the country. This program is being rebuilt. The only thing a recruit needs to answer is if they want to be a part of it.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    He married a local gal?
    That would be his daughter - 15 or 16 yrs old by now.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jbgood57
    That would be his daughter - 15 or 16 yrs old by now.
    Thanks! Silly me.

+ Reply to Thread