+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

LSU

It was befitting that LSU who started their year having to deal with two hurricanes, beat the hell out of the Miami Hurricanes in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. LSU embodies Louisiana in that it is resilient and it's going to take more than a hurricane to put down Louisianians. Never has Miami taken a beating from Louisiana like last night, and I"m sure like Katrina and Rita to Louisiana, Miami won't forget what happened in Atlanta last night. A big thanks to the flaship school of Louisiana for representing Louisiana with style and class. I'm sure the state and the school got tons of respect from people all around the country. Most Louisianians feel this way about the LSU Tigers but the people on this board are too chickenshit to reveal their true feelings. They'd rather worry about the school down the road and their mascot and what kind of name ULL has. Typical of my alumn at Louisiana Tech and this is the same reason our own program is not playing in a bowl game and is very stagnant.

Again, hats off to LSU.

Can't wait until Jan 5, that's when Bicknell hunting season begins on this board.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LSU

Much of the respect that LSU could have gotten may go out the window due to the postgame shenanigans.

At a minimum the players involved for both teams should lose their bowl gifts and be suspended for a game or two if they have eligibility remaining.

Respect has to be earned. The LSU coaching staff and administration will gain or lose my respect depending on how they react or fail to react to this situation.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Much of the respect that LSU could have gotten may go out the window due to the postgame shenanigans.

At a minimum the players involved for both teams should lose their bowl gifts and be suspended for a game or two if they have eligibility remaining.

Respect has to be earned. The LSU coaching staff and administration will gain or lose my respect depending on how they react or fail to react to this situation.

It is only the LatechBBB that holds LSU to standards higher than any other college in the nation. The simple fact is that kids attend LSU just as they do any other college. Things happen. I'm sure that if I had a reason to celebrate a meaningful sporting event at Tech while I was there, I may have gone a little overboard. Whether you give LSU respect or not means nothing because nationally they'll have it with or without you.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

To take a page out of the elementary school handbook...If you love LSU so much why don't you marry it.

Is there really any reason for this thread? I am just going to leave it at that for now so you can't gain the good feeling that you stirred up some Tech fans.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek
    It is only the LatechBBB that holds LSU to standards higher than any other college in the nation. The simple fact is that kids attend LSU just as they do any other college. Things happen. I'm sure that if I had a reason to celebrate a meaningful sporting event at Tech while I was there, I may have gone a little overboard. Whether you give LSU respect or not means nothing because nationally they'll have it with or without you.
    Yea, LSU is great.

I'm curious, can you get indoor plumbing in Ida yet?

Varsity Bulldog keith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around here

At a minimum everyone involved should go to jail for one night.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

It was befitting that LSU who started their year having to deal with two hurricanes, beat the hell out of the Miami Hurricanes in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. LSU embodies Louisiana in that it is resilient and it's going to take more than a hurricane to put down Louisianians. Never has Miami taken a beating from Louisiana like last night, and I"m sure like Katrina and Rita to Louisiana, Miami won't forget what happened in Atlanta last night. A big thanks to the flaship school of Louisiana for representing Louisiana with style and class. I'm sure the state and the school got tons of respect from people all around the country. Most Louisianians feel this way about the LSU Tigers but the people on this board are too chickenshit to reveal their true feelings. They'd rather worry about the school down the road and their mascot and what kind of name ULL has. Typical of my alumn at Louisiana Tech and this is the same reason our own program is not playing in a bowl game and is very stagnant.

Again, hats off to LSU.

Can't wait until Jan 5, that's when Bicknell hunting season begins on this board.
    Instead of bitching about Tech not doing things right in your eyes about running the athletic department, why don't you have some pride for your degree and alum and do something about it (voice concerns, go to games raise hell, send letters to the board of regents about DR, their is some much you can do other than bitch). Although, our AD knows the heartache of nearly all Tech fans, surely, if we bitch and moan enough, it will accomplish something.

To go further with what Juice said, If you LOVE LSU so much why didn't you go there? Too stuck in BFE Ida to move on with your life? I am a current student at Tech, and to expound on your point about how the players acted, just because the product at Tech on the field is not what LSU has, doesn't mean you have to hate on it. Show love for your alum and support the guys who are on the field giving it their all. It's not the players fault, they give their all on every down, I have no doubt. It's alumni like yourself not showing any respect for what they do on the field, that makes JAS and the TAC as dead as they are on gamedays. Also, I get excited at every event in someway or another, the players have to know you appreciate their efforts. Yell at refs yell at coaches get kicked out ("T" :icon_wink)

JFord

Varsity Bulldog keith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around herekeith72904 has turned a few heads around here

My brother is the largest LSU band wagon fan ever. Has season tickets. Goes to at least one away game a year. Including the Peach Bowl. And lives about 18 miles from Ruston. Makes me sick, but still love him though!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by keith72904
    At a minimum everyone involved should go to jail for one night.
    That should have happened without having to say it. Since it obviously didn't, there should still be consequences.

Wonder if the Miami receiver who spent the night in the hospital will press charges?

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck

So that means that Two years ago when we fought Fresno before the game our playes should have been drug away to spend the night in jail ehh? As I recall, we all thought it was great.. Anyway, they won 40-3 and I'll pull for every La team and every WAC team during Bowl season!

T

Here! Here!

I love Tech dearly but I have sense enough to know that LSU isn't the reason tha we didn't go to a bowl game. LSU isnt the reason we don't own women's basketball in Louisiana anymore. I don't have any reason to hate them so I let the unhappy souls on here hate them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    To take a page out of the elementary school handbook...If you love LSU so much why don't you marry it.

Is there really any reason for this thread?
    I am just going to leave it at that for now so you can't gain the good feeling that you stirred up some Tech fans.

Yes, there is a reason. In fact, it's the same reason for the ULM thread about their mascot and the ULL thread about their name.:icon_wink

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Here! Here!

. . . but I have sense enough to know that LSU isn't the reason tha we didn't go to a bowl game. LSU isnt the reason we don't own women's basketball in Louisiana anymore. I don't have any reason to hate them so I let the unhappy souls on here hate them for me.
    If this is in response to me, i never said anything about LSU being the reason for any of the above. We didnt go to a bowl game becuase we did not take care of business when we needed to. The reason we don't "own" women's basketball in louisiana anymore is because our administration would not keep Kim Mulkey, our former assistand and current Baylor head coach) around. You need to reread my post quoting your first post. I hate LSU, because I feel as if Tech is looked upon as the evil step-child of LSU, and my dad raised me this way, as he is a Tennessee grad.

JFord

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    If this is in response to me, i never said anything about LSU being the reason for any of the above. We didnt go to a bowl game becuase we did not take care of business when we needed to. The reason we don't "own" women's basketball in louisiana anymore is because our administration would not keep Kim Mulkey, our former assistand and current Baylor head coach) around. You need to reread my post quoting your first post. I hate LSU, because I feel as if Tech is looked upon as the evil step-child of LSU, and my dad raised me this way, as he is a Tennessee grad.

JFord

In that case, there must be some ULM and ULL fans that hate you because of the same reason you hate LSU. That is.........if they act in that childish of a manner.

In that case, there must be some ULM and ULL fans that hate you because of the same reason you hate LSU. That is.........if they act in that childish of a manner.
    childish? getting on a forum and stiring up a hornets nest on purpose, that's real mature.

The bottomline is, if you are an alum of somewhere you should show the same if not more love for your alum than that to or/of another school.

JFord

+ Reply to Thread