+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: LSU

I was in Vivian tonight, my fantasy would be your gvdljoh nightmare...LOSER!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

uh huh.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Baton Rouge news stations report every score from every instate team that plays on any given night! When I went back to work in BR over the break, first thing I heard when I walked into the shop was dude that Fresno game was Awesome!! So yall can gripe and bitch about how LSU doesn't care about Tech and how they love to beat smaller schools (knowing full well that we gloat over NT and SJST) but I promise you, that anytime BR people see that Southern or ULL or LC or Nichols or SLU or Tech won, they just sit there and enjoy it. If LSU wins, all yall do is bitch and complain. Give me more red dots, but at least I have the balls to stand up for the truth and not embellish just because I can get away with it.

Oh yeah, if you give me red dots, sack up and be a man. Leave me a comment and a name so I know how you feel. Yall can hate on us if you want to, but don't do it from the closet like a pansy fag! I respect your opinions, even if they are misguided and based on false assumptions.

T

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as Tech grads (and the people of N. Louisiana) support lsu, Tech will play second fiddle.

Do some of you not realize that lsu will always dominate Tech, as long as our people support them?

Tech could be SO much more. We have a nice population base from Alexandria up and from state line to state line. However, we will never compete, as long as people choose to think of lsu as the main program in this state. Yes, lsu gets the majority of the funds and is a bcs program. The truth is, though, that change begins on the grass roots level. That is how Florida State did it. That is why there is Mississippi State and Ole Miss in the same state. That is why many states have more than one "main" program.

Louisiana seems to be following the Arkansas model. They have more than one university, but no matter where the students go to school, they seem to be Hog fans and fans of their school second to that. That is a TERRIBLE model. Louisiana and Arkansas can blame their legislature for the structure of that, but if the people start believing differently and take action, that will change.

lsu does NOT represent Louisiana to me, any more than Tech does. If North Louisiana would wake up and realize that, Tech could grow to enormous heights.

I have relatives that graduated from Tech that cheer for lsu. It sickens me. They are stuck in the thought that lsu is on a different level than Tech. That justifies them cheering for both.

I guess the question is if you want to accept lsu as Louisiana's main school and Tech second, or do you want Tech to eventually be a competitor. I choose the latter. If YOU choose the latter, you will stop cheering for lsu.

This is a war and lsu has won just about every battle. However, we are still alive and can still fight. Wake up and join the fight. Stop looking up to the bcs and start believing in Tech. Otherwise we are doomed to be a North Texas or a Arkansas State. They have supporters, but they all support their "main" state school.

As for Baton Rouge covering Tech sports, let's compare Tech stories in The Advocate vs. lsu stories in the Times. Need any more proof that supporting lsu is NOT a good thing?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to add one thing.

I do not want to sound like I don't understand why people follow lsu. Many people grew up in families that supported that school. It is second nature to some of you to cheer for them. Break the trend, though.

Look, if you followed some other school (as a second school), it probably wouldn't matter. For example, if you followed someplace like Arizona State or, even, someplace like Auburn or Alabama (as a second school), that would be fine. They are not in competition for the dollar and fan of YOUR school. That is why it is easy for an lsu fan to follow Tech and say "great job on that win". We are not competition to them. However, THEY are competition for us.

A Razorback fan will gladly cheer for Arkansas State in the Sun Belt championship game. Why not? It sure doesn't hurt them to do so. To them, that would be like the Tech baseball team cheering on Ruston High's baseball team. It represents a different league and level to them.

My only question is "AREN"T YOU SICK OF BEING SECOND?" Aren't you tired of being the best of the rest? If our state represented a conference, wouldn't you be tired of always coming in right behind the champion?

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    As long as Tech grads (and the people of N. Louisiana) support lsu, Tech will play second fiddle.

Do some of you not realize that lsu will always dominate Tech, as long as our people support them?

Tech could be SO much more. We have a nice population base from Alexandria up and from state line to state line. However, we will never compete, as long as people choose to think of lsu as the main program in this state. Yes, lsu gets the majority of the funds and is a bcs program. The truth is, though, that change begins on the grass roots level. That is how Florida State did it. That is why there is Mississippi State and Ole Miss in the same state. That is why many states have more than one "main" program.

Louisiana seems to be following the Arkansas model. They have more than one university, but no matter where the students go to school, they seem to be Hog fans and fans of their school second to that. That is a TERRIBLE model. Louisiana and Arkansas can blame their legislature for the structure of that, but if the people start believing differently and take action, that will change.

lsu does NOT represent Louisiana to me, any more than Tech does. If North Louisiana would wake up and realize that, Tech could grow to enormous heights.

I have relatives that graduated from Tech that cheer for lsu. It sickens me. They are stuck in the thought that lsu is on a different level than Tech. That justifies them cheering for both.

I guess the question is if you want to accept lsu as Louisiana's main school and Tech second, or do you want Tech to eventually be a competitor. I choose the latter. If YOU choose the latter, you will stop cheering for lsu.

This is a war and lsu has won just about every battle. However, we are still alive and can still fight. Wake up and join the fight. Stop looking up to the bcs and start believing in Tech. Otherwise we are doomed to be a North Texas or a Arkansas State. They have supporters, but they all support their "main" state school.

As for Baton Rouge covering Tech sports, let's compare Tech stories in The Advocate vs. lsu stories in the Times. Need any more proof that supporting lsu is NOT a good thing?

I admire your devotion to Tech but let me get one thing straight with you. I don't support LSU. I cheer for them ....yes. Support...hell no because they don't need my support. I don't own a single piece of Tiger gear and definitely do not attend their games. All of my money is spent at Tech whether its going to a game, donating to the college, or buying that overpiced junk in the bookstore. So, don't ever say I support LSU. If LSU has the majority of the fans in this state then it is the other school's fault. I cheered for LSU the other night because I'm a Tech fan and Tech was in the same place I was..........the couch! My allegiance is to Tech but after that it is to Louisiana! I don't care what school it is.

As far as LSU being the Flagship school, it is that and will always be that. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. If we let the other schools cannibalize off of LSU then we won't have a BCS school in the state at all! One is better than none to me. We'll never be a BCS program so come off of it. You use the Florida ST. example but Florida ST. is sitting in the middle of Tallahassee while Tech is in Ruston! I don't need Tech to be a BCS program to be proud of it. I need to Tech to win its own conference maybe do what Utah did last year or what TCU did this year and I'd be happy. Hell, we can't even do that and it aint because of LSU. Utah proved you don't have to play in a BCS conference to get attention. There is more than one way to skin a cat. However, three legged Louisiana Tech always do thing the wrong way and whenever things go wrong with our program...........blame it on LSU. Bullshit if you ask me.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek
    I admire your devotion to Tech but let me get one thing straight with you. I don't support LSU. I cheer for them ....yes. Support...hell no because they don't need my support. I don't own a single piece of Tiger gear and definitely do not attend their games. All of my money is spent at Tech whether its going to a game, donating to the college, or buying that overpiced junk in the bookstore. So, don't ever say I support LSU. If LSU has the majority of the fans in this state then it is the other school's fault. I cheered for LSU the other night because I'm a Tech fan and Tech was in the same place I was..........the couch! My allegiance is to Tech but after that it is to Louisiana! I don't care what school it is.

As far as LSU being the Flagship school, it is that and will always be that. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. If we let the other schools cannibalize off of LSU then we won't have a BCS school in the state at all! One is better than none to me. We'll never be a BCS program so come off of it. You use the Florida ST. example but Florida ST. is sitting in the middle of Tallahassee while Tech is in Ruston! I don't need Tech to be a BCS program to be proud of it. I need to Tech to win its own conference maybe do what Utah did last year or what TCU did this year and I'd be happy. Hell, we can't even do that and it aint because of LSU. Utah proved you don't have to play in a BCS conference to get attention. There is more than one way to skin a cat. However, three legged Louisiana Tech always do thing the wrong way and whenever things go wrong with our program...........blame it on LSU. Bullshit if you ask me.
    And Virginia Tech is in Blacksburg and Texas Tech is in Lubbock and Texas A&M is in College Station. That is just stupid saying this state can only have 1 BCS program. We have some of the best high school football programs in the country. There should be enough talent to support 2. We even get several Texas recruits. Don't give me any of that crap that this state can't have 2 BCS schools. If you want to be proud of your university then you also must want it to be the best it can. We have so much potential around us and this looking at LSU as the almighty schools isn't helping utilize it.

But you know I suppose that everyone should cheer for other state schools. I am sure when Texas A&M was sucking this year they decided lets cheer for Texas to win the National Championship so our state looks better. I am sure Auburn was hoping Alabama would go undefeated. How can you not see that we are the only state that every college in the state has a large portion that supports the flagship?

Well, let me get "one thing straight" with you too. I do NOT blame Tech's problems on lsu. I DO blame people that go to Tech and cheer for lsu, though. And, yes, cheering for them IS supporting them. I am glad that you don't, at least, wear purple and gold around town. Some people do, though, and I DO blame them.

Why do you think Tech can never grow into something else? I know of some schools that have done that. Why do you want to be second best in this state? I will NEVER be satisfied until Tech is a national competitor. Yes, it may be a long way away and you will not see me praising this administration for helping our cause, but I am NOT satisfied.

We really need some forward thinking people that dream of Tech being MORE than it is now. Until that happens, we will always be second. That, my friend, is just not good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    And Virginia Tech is in Blacksburg and Texas Tech is in Lubbock and Texas A&M is in College Station. That is just stupid saying this state can only have 1 BCS program. We have some of the best high school football programs in the country. There should be enough talent to support 2. We even get several Texas recruits. Don't give me any of that crap that this state can't have 2 BCS schools. If you want to be proud of your university then you also must want it to be the best it can. We have so much potential around us and this looking at LSU as the almighty schools isn't helping utilize it.

But you know I suppose that everyone should cheer for other state schools. I am sure when Texas A&M was sucking this year they decided lets cheer for Texas to win the National Championship so our state looks better. I am sure Auburn was hoping Alabama would go undefeated. How can you not see that we are the only state that every college in the state has a large portion that supports the flagship?

Yes and Texas has a population of over 30 million people. Louisiana have a population of what ..... a little over 3 million?? I think that makes a difference dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Well, let me get "one thing straight" with you too. I do NOT blame Tech's problems on lsu. I DO blame people that go to Tech and cheer for lsu, though. And, yes, cheering for them IS supporting them. I am glad that you don't, at least, wear purple and gold around town. Some people do, though, and I DO blame them.

Why do you think Tech can never grow into something else? I know of some schools that have done that. Why do you want to be second best in this state? I will NEVER be satisfied until Tech is a national competitor. Yes, it may be a long way away and you will not see me praising this administration for helping our cause, but I am NOT satisfied.

We really need some forward thinking people that dream of Tech being MORE than it is now. Until that happens, we will always be second. That, my friend, is just not good enough for me.

Tech's football team will never be a BCS competitor and that's just something you have to deal with.

Tech did have a national compeititor in women's basketball, and people on this very board was bitching and moaning about us being a Women's basketball school first. There's nothing wrong with that. Now, we're not a national player at anything.........there's plenty wrong with that.

Tech's football team will never be a BCS competitor and that's just something you have to deal with.

Tech did have a national compeititor in women's basketball, and people on this very board was bitching and moaning about us being a Women's basketball school first. There's nothing wrong with that. Now, we're not a national player at anything.........there's plenty wrong with that.
    So, if you believed we could be a National competitor with wbb, I guess you also must believe that we could be so in mbb. Stretch your imagination a little, and you could see it in football too.

As for the more populated states being the only ones that can have more than one bcs program, you need to study up on that. I will let you figure out what states have more than one bcs program and see if you think it is still related to population. Louisiana is plenty big enough for 2, if people that went to Tech don't split their allegance.

Here is some help, dogtek. Just click on a state. It will give you the population of that state. This is 2004 data:
    http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Yes and Texas has a population of over 30 million people. Louisiana have a population of what ..... a little over 3 million?? I think that makes a difference dumb ass.
    No what makes the difference is the entire state of Texas doesn't jump on the Texas bandwagon. I am not seeing why it isn't possible to build Tech into a BCS type system. Have you seen the quality of talent we have in our recruiting area? Would you prefer me to go with smaller states that have done it? How about Oregon? Iowa (smaller than us)? Kansas? Colorado? Arizona? Tennessee? Kentucky? South Carolina? It has nothing to do with state population. It has to do exactly what Champ says. Some type of movement keeping another university up there with the "flagship." Of course people like you would rather us to not even try and become a good team because you always have your precious LSU.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    No what makes the difference is the entire state of Texas doesn't jump on the Texas bandwagon. I am not seeing why it isn't possible to build Tech into a BCS type system. Have you seen the quality of talent we have in our recruiting area? Would you prefer me to go with smaller states that have done it? How about Oregon? Iowa (smaller than us)? Kansas? Colorado? Arizona? Tennessee? Kentucky? South Carolina? It has nothing to do with state population. It has to do exactly what Champ says. Some type of movement keeping another university up there with the "flagship." Of course people like you would rather us to not even try and become a good team because you always have your precious LSU.

Of course it also takes an admin that wants to get there and is willing to do what it takes...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Of course it also takes an admin that wants to get there and is willing to do what it takes...
    You are exactly right and we have to battle that daily. Thinking that we cannot grow into something great, though, is another battle that I wish we didn't have to deal with.

+ Reply to Thread