+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIEWS

Puppy hoopgal is an unknown

VIEWS

WELL I am new to this board. I guess some folks here do not like a new view on things. I guess I will just go away as some of you suggest. Some folks on the board need to deal with the real world. Listen to yourself. People begging just to get a top 25 vote or back in the the polls. Then you guys want to claim that you will get back to the top. It will never happen. I attend every home game and wish tech the best! I just undertsand the real world of basketball. When was the last time we got the top player in our state? Tech will be a pleyer in womens basketball but not a major one!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: VIEWS

Well, you don't have to leave. We argue all the time on here. The Techsters WILL be a major force again, though. There are many teams that drop down and build back up. I wonder how many people at Purdue said that their days are over after their National CHampionship? Long will lead this team back to the top and recover from the setbacks that hurt us before he got the job.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopgal
    Tech will be a pleyer in womens basketball but not a major one!
    Well, dang hg, when you deal in absolutes (like above), you get all the bombardment you can desire. If you can't handle that, then maybe you don't need to participate. (A first clue to your rookieness was your use of all capital letters to communicate.)
    I used to think I was the SAC of the Tech world, but then I woke up and learned to interact with others life got better.
    Otherwise, enjoy your BB&B time, and welcome aboard.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

We may be a major player in women's basketball again but not with 5'5"-5'9" gards and 6'0"-6'1" post palyers.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Another WAC title and a deeper tourney run and we get better recruits. It takes time people. I may surprise you HG and digi but the players that we have on the team now are not going to be there forever. This team will win and provide exposure, new recruits will come.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    Another WAC title and a deeper tourney run and we get better recruits. It takes time people. I may surprise you HG and digi but the players that we have on the team now are not going to be there forever. This team will win and provide exposure, new recruits will come.
    Exactly. This team is the same team as last year - take out Erica and replace with Eboni. They are playing with more heart and determination than I have seen in a long time. We need a good post player and we would likely be looking at just one loss right now. Chris needs a little time to get his players in here, but he is doing a fantastic job so far.

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

I agree with that but I guess I've been waiting for that big great post player and bigger shooting guards for sometime now.

Quote Originally Posted by digidawg87
    I agree with that but I guess I've been waiting for that big great post player and bigger shooting guards for sometime now.
    Probably been waiting since Cheryl Ford. We have the first new coach since her last season now, and I know that this coach sees the need.

If Cheryl had some 6'0" outside shooters it would have been a whole different story.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

If Cheryl had had 5'5" Sheila Lambert it'd have been a very different story as well. While I'd like to have bigger guards, small quick guards can get the job done if they are good.

In a sense, we've been almost there for a while now. With Frierson and Ford, we were lacking at the guard spot, now we have the guards, and have a hole in the middle. Just need to put it together all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    If Cheryl had had 5'5" Sheila Lambert it'd have been a very different story as well. While I'd like to have bigger guards, small quick guards can get the job done if they are good.

In a sense, we've been almost there for a while now. With Frierson and Ford, we were lacking at the guard spot, now we have the guards, and have a hole in the middle. Just need to put it together all at one time.
    I agree. Actually, I like this team we have right now a LOT. Just think of someone like Cheryl Ford with them. Have her in the middle, Kursh, Amber, and Ty coming in and out as forwards, Tasha, Eboni, ARAY, and Shan coming in and out as guards. That would be an awesome team. I have said it many times - we are one post player short from being awesome.

Going one further, put in someone like Pam Kelly or Janice Lawrence in there with this team. WOW!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Like it or not - the chances of this program returning to the standard of its glory years are few and far between -

20 years ago - there was no such thing as the BCS and the dollars that go into the Title IX sports because of it -

When you can't even get the best recuits in your own backyard, it just makes that climb much more harder -

The Techsters will have flashes of brillance and should remain a strong candidate for post season play and conference championships with occasional runs in the Sweet 16 and maybe an Elite 8 -

But the days of the Techsters being mentioned in the same breath as the Final Four are basically over -

When Tech hosted the first two rounds on the NCAA - I told folks on this board to enjoy it, because it will probably be the last time it ever happened in Ruston -

Tech just doesn't have the money to keep up with the Joneses in anything - let alone wbb -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Like it or not - the chances of this program returning to the standard of its glory years are few and far between -

20 years ago - there was no such thing as the BCS and the dollars that go into the Title IX sports because of it -

When you can't even get the best recuits in your own backyard, it just makes that climb much more harder -

The Techsters will have flashes of brillance and should remain a strong candidate for post season play and conference championships with occasional runs in the Sweet 16 and maybe an Elite 8 -

But the days of the Techsters being mentioned in the same breath as the Final Four are basically over -

When Tech hosted the first two rounds on the NCAA - I told folks on this board to enjoy it, because it will probably be the last time it ever happened in Ruston -

Tech just doesn't have the money to keep up with the Joneses in anything - let alone wbb -
    I have to differ with you, Dwayne. You knew that I would. I don't know if anyone truly expects for us to be in the FF every year like we were for years, but I do think that we will be a VERY prominant program again. Believe it or not, your argument sounds just like the one made in the early 90's. I know you realize that and think that it is different this time, but it really isn't much different. Top programs outspent us during those years, as well. It isn't all about money. It is about reputation and pride. If we have that "flash of brilliance" that you speak of again, that draws in some interest from recruits. This is rebuilding time. Liberty made it to the Elite Eight this year, for God's sake.

If you have the right coaching staff in place (and I think we do) and we land those special recruits (like Eboni) and we advance in the tournament a few times, we will be right back.

Times are changing. Tennessee is pretty much the last hold out on keeping a dynasty, but even they can't expect FF's and NC's every year now. In 5 years, you will be considered a top program if you are a perinneal top 10 team on a consistent basis. I think we can accomplish that. You can't buy it with money.

So, let me hold on to my optimism about this program. If I want to feel bad, I can go to other sections of the board. :icon_wink

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Well said, Champ !!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I have to differ with you, Dwayne. You knew that I would. I don't know if anyone truly expects for us to be in the FF every year like we were for years, but I do think that we will be a VERY prominant program again. Believe it or not, your argument sounds just like the one made in the early 90's.
    We were still the top dog in the state then and still getting the TOP recruits out of the four state region then -

That isn't happening now -

And make no mistake of how IMPORTANT it was to have Barmore and Mulkey on the bench and he brought in a hot recruiter by the name of Nell Fortner who landed the Fab Four and brought the program back to prominence -

That's THREE Hall of Fame coaches on one STAFF -

I just don't see that any inkling of that type of talent on this staff -
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 01-04-2006 at 03:14 PM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread