+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIEWS

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: VIEWS

And I thought SJK was doing all the recruiting.:icon_wink
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Liberty tells recruits that they will be joining God's team, for God's sake!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    And I thought SJK was doing all the recruiting.:icon_wink
    That was for recruiting FANS!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Liberty tells recruits that they will be joining God's team, for God's sake!

They also fired their head football coach and AD because even they get the big picture.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

She is attractive, but why would a coach wear makeup and do all the frizzy stuff with her hair? I understand emphasizing the body, but the lipstick, eye liner and whatever is on her cheeks don't go with her role as leader of female athletes. Of course, I can't imagine anyone with access to athletic shoes every wearing hard-soled shoes anywhere, anytime for any event!

Of course, this isn't as bad as male coaches who weigh more than their linemen but have it all stored in the wrong places. I guess only the conditioning coaches have to be role models in that area because they have to practice what they preach.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Like it or not - the chances of this program returning to the standard of its glory years are few and far between -

20 years ago - there was no such thing as the BCS and the dollars that go into the Title IX sports because of it -

When you can't even get the best recuits in your own backyard, it just makes that climb much more harder -

The Techsters will have flashes of brillance and should remain a strong candidate for post season play and conference championships with occasional runs in the Sweet 16 and maybe an Elite 8 -

But the days of the Techsters being mentioned in the same breath as the Final Four are basically over -

When Tech hosted the first two rounds on the NCAA - I told folks on this board to enjoy it, because it will probably be the last time it ever happened in Ruston -

Tech just doesn't have the money to keep up with the Joneses in anything - let alone wbb -
    Dwayne, generally you speak the truth, but one good coach can change all that despite not having BCS money. Gonzago was a nobody and I guarantee didn't have the money that the other schools had, but one coach came in there and turned them into a perrenial power. With the attention the Techsters get, they can still achieve that. After all, even though alot of money is spent at other schools on their wbb programs, how many coaches can show recruits a direct quote from the President of the university that states that wbb is the signature program? I'd bet that would go a long way into getting recruits.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is that money helps, but it is not all about money. Dirty is right - a good coach can turn things around. Barmore sure did and, at that time, the big schools were outspending us. I hope Long is the guy to do that with the Techsters and I think he is.

The same is true for mbb. It isn't all about how much money is spent.

+ Reply to Thread