+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message Board Upgrade

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Warning Message Board Upgrade

HOPEFULLY (If I can keep these tired ole eyes open long enough), I am going to be installing an upgrade to our message board this evening around 10:00 CT. process should take too long, but if you happen to be on the board when the upgrade begins, you will experience some down time. This upgrade is not major and we do it frequently as new releases of the software are made available. You should not experience any significant changes in the core functionality of the board.

If you have comments or questions, please let me know.

Chris

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Message Board Upgrade

I got a comment:
    Keep up the great work!
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Thanks, Tom!!! We appreciate the support.

Once I get this upgrade in, I'm going to add in a feature that you may like. A Photo Gallery!!! You can upload some sample pics here and direct some people to your site to purchase. It will also give us amateurs a place to put some of our pics from events as well. Give me a couple of days to get it working, though.

Chris

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Thanks, Tom!!! We appreciate the support.

Once I get this upgrade in, I'm going to add in a feature that you may like. A Photo Gallery!!! You can upload some sample pics here and direct some people to your site to purchase. It will also give us amateurs a place to put some of our pics from events as well. Give me a couple of days to get it working, though.

Chris
    Sounds like a great feature. We really appreciate the hard work...keep it up!

We have another feature that will be added soon as well, but I don't want to spill the beans on that one yet. The product is still in a semi-beta stage and I'm wanting to make sure it is stable before we roll it out. I think it will really appeal to a lot of our younger members and will be a feature that will really draw some new memberships here on the site.

Chris

Geez, THAT was painful! Not sure WHICH of these smilies best reflects how I feel at the moment!

Sorry it took so long. The upload took MUCH longer than expected. I still need to make some template changes, but at least we are back up and running.

I'm going to bed since neither Penn St. nor FSU have decided whether they want to win this game or not. I'll make the rest of the changes in the morning.

Chris

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Yea, but you didn't start at 10.. you started at 9:50... I'm pissed!

hehe, just messin, so what did you get to add (may I ask)??

I haven't added it yet. This was just a standard security upgrade with a few changed features - like reputation is no longer a popup.

I did add one plugin that I'm having a bit of a problem with. You'll notice the "Extras" pull down up on the navigation bar at the top of the page now. The graphic is the problem, because I don't really want them. But when I get it populated, I'm going to have quick links to some of the main sites related to Tech Athletics.

I'm going to put the image gallery in later.

The other one I'm holding off on. I'm just not convinced it is ready to be rolled out just yet. Remember that I don't code this stuff. I pull completed projects from www.vBulletin.org and install them here. So I have to convince myself that they are ready to go public before I install them.

Chris

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Chris!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, it is wonderful to have this board and it has to be the best in the world!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Yes, it is wonderful to have this board and it has to be the best in the world!
    It's by far the best I've been on. The administrators and moderators deserve a big
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

That could be a threatenting thumb!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I love the update!

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    HOPEFULLY (If I can keep these tired ole eyes open long enough), I am going to be installing an upgrade to our message board this evening around 10:00 CT. process should take too long, but if you happen to be on the board when the upgrade begins, you will experience some down time. This upgrade is not major and we do it frequently as new releases of the software are made available. You should not experience any significant changes in the core functionality of the board.

If you have comments or questions, please let me know.

Chris
    Good work

+ Reply to Thread