+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Why Texas will win"

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: "Why Texas will win"

How abuot Herbstreit and Corso dropping Bush to three now behind Leinart and Young in the NFL draft. Wow, one game can make this muich of a difference. UT is now the best team of all time and Bush is no longer head and shoulders above the rest, oh how the media swings and Herbstreit leads the pack. Come on, Bush is still the best talent in the draft. He is more sure fire than Leinart and Young ever thought of being. Will he touch the ball 30 times a game? No, but you will hold your breath the 15-20 he does. The media just kills me, it is truly amazing how they blow with the wind. Anyway, USC's O-line was ridiculous. That big Samoan guy that weighed 365 was a beast who will dominate in the NFL>

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    How abuot Herbstreit and Corso dropping Bush to three now behind Leinart and Young in the NFL draft. Wow, one game can make this muich of a difference. UT is now the best team of all time and Bush is no longer head and shoulders above the rest, oh how the media swings and Herbstreit leads the pack. Come on, Bush is still the best talent in the draft. He is more sure fire than Leinart and Young ever thought of being. Will he touch the ball 30 times a game? No, but you will hold your breath the 15-20 he does.
    Bush will do for the team that drafts him what LT did for San Diego, plus some -

Bush is truly a once every 20 years player -

He had an "off" nite and still put up VERY good numbers -

Vince Young was VERY good - but his numbers were about the same as the Smith kid from Ohio St did against ND (which EVERYONE is forgetting), basically the "same" player with Young being a little more smoother -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Bush will do for the team that drafts him what LT did for San Diego, plus some -

Bush is truly a once every 20 years player -

He had an "off" nite and still put up VERY good numbers -

Vince Young was VERY good - but his numbers were about the same as the Smith kid from Ohio St did against ND (which EVERYONE is forgetting), basically the "same" player with Young being a little more smoother -
    I dont know about LT good, only time will tell. LT can run between the tackles and is much more of a punishing runner. Their styles are different, but I have always said he will be Westbrook with more talent. He would be great in a west coast offense. he needs to get on the right team to be utilized well. He has LT hands, LT moves (possibly better hard to tell), but he cant run between the tackles like LT. He has never handled that load.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I dont know about LT good, only time will tell. LT can run between the tackles and is much more of a punishing runner. Their styles are different, but I have always said he will be Westbrook with more talent. He would be great in a west coast offense. he needs to get on the right team to be utilized well. He has LT hands, LT moves (possibly better hard to tell), but he cant run between the tackles like LT. He has never handled that load.
    Sounds like a perfect fit for the New Orleans Saints. Really, with Deuce, Reggie would be utilized perfectly. I doubt it will happen, but it'd be great if it did.

1. Vince Young-Houston Texans(Pressured to pick up the Houston guy)
    2. Reggie Bush-New Orleans Saints(can you believe what the stupid Texans did)
    3. Matt Leinert-Houston Texans(Chow)
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues
    I disagree. White is a good college running back, for certain. But an all time great?...C'mon...
    white has shared the load the past three seasons with hershel dennis and reggie bush. he's struggled to get more than 15 carries a game because of all that talent. yet he still led the ncaa in touchdowns this past year and is no. 1 all-time at usc in rushing touchdowns.

if he chooses to come back, he could realistically rushed for 2,000 yards, 30 touchdowns and win the heisman trophy. if he does those three things -- and without bush, his carries will increase in the 22-25 per game range -- then he can set himself up as one of the all-time best running backs in the history of college football.

theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    white has shared the load the past three seasons with hershel dennis and reggie bush. he's struggled to get more than 15 carries a game because of all that talent. yet he still led the ncaa in touchdowns this past year and is no. 1 all-time at usc in rushing touchdowns.

if he chooses to come back, he could realistically rushed for 2,000 yards, 30 touchdowns and win the heisman trophy. if he does those three things -- and without bush, his carries will increase in the 22-25 per game range -- then he can set himself up as one of the all-time best running backs in the history of college football.

theprofessor
    Yeh, if he rushes for 2 Gs and 30 TDs, he should be mentioned as one of the best in college. Wish USC's line, it is plausible. I just dont know if it will happen. NFL-wise, he is a great short yardage guy and who knows he cuold be an every down back, except for third. He is so big and strong, I am not sure of his speed, although he looked pretty quick the other night. Wow, he is pretty tall for an NFL back though at 6 foot 2. Easy to get tore up at that height in the NFL, ask Eddie George.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

if he does those three things -- and without bush, his carries will increase in the 22-25 per game range -- then he can set himself up as one of the all-time best running backs in the history of college football.
    Those are some sizable "if"s

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Those are some sizable "if"s
    yes, they are sizeable. but taking everything into consideration, i also think they are probable.

theprofessor

yes, they are sizeable. but taking everything into consideration, i also think they are probable.
    He plays in a conference where defense doesn't seem to be high on anybody's list...that helps. I personally don't think they'll miss a beat at the QB position (I know, that's kind of bold prediction). If he stays, I do think there is a chance he could improve his draft stock simply because it'd be his show. If I were him, I'd get a big insurance policy and give it a shot. I'd just want to see what would happen if I were the star. He's got power like the bus, but he's obviously in better shape. I don't know if he's as fast as Foster (carolina), but I see similarities in their size. Next year should be interesting to watch...even at Louisiana Tech!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!! The WAC is yours for the taking...overcome scheduling and bring home the trophy.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Bush is great, but he cant touch the ball 10 to 15 times more per game consistently because he wont run between the tackles that much in the NFL. The team that draft's him will have to have two RBs. Bush and a LenDale White type, who can pound and get tough yards that Reggie will not do and doesnt need to do because he will get hurt. What a coach ahs to do is find creative ways to get Reggie the Ball in space and not in clutter. Texas did a good job with their speed of stopping Reggie from running wild except once, but Reggie still hurt them in the passing game. He will be Westbrook with more talent, I am telling you. The only way he can get 25-30 touches a game is if he can be in space every time, which will be hard to do. He will hardly ever run in between the tackles in the NFL, which will make it hard for him to get that many.
    IF Bush bulks up slightly (say up to 210-215), I can easily envision him being like Tiki Barber. Until about two years ago, everyone knocked Barber as being a outside the tackles/third down back. He learned how to hold on to the rock and muscled up a bit...He has been phenomenal ever since. I see many similarities between Barber and Bush.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX
    Is that a Texas sized chip on your shoulder? :icon_wink
    You could say that...I even have a degree from lsu as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    IF Bush bulks up slightly (say up to 210-215), I can easily envision him being like Tiki Barber. Until about two years ago, everyone knocked Barber as being a outside the tackles/third down back. He learned how to hold on to the rock and muscled up a bit...He has been phenomenal ever since. I see many similarities between Barber and Bush.
    Yeh, that is a good assessment. Dont forget though that Tiki still isnt a goal line back though. He does get many carries and is very strong. I hated it since he was on my fantasy team. I still see Reggie more like Westbrook with more talent because he needs more open space, but if he can put on some poundage, he cuold run between the tackles some like Tiki does.

Yeh, that is a good assessment. Dont forget though that Tiki still isnt a goal line back though. He does get many carries and is very strong. I hated it since he was on my fantasy team. I still see Reggie more like Westbrook with more talent because he needs more open space, but if he can put on some poundage, he cuold run between the tackles some like Tiki does.
    I'm not real sure why the Giants don't give it to Tiki on the goal-line. I know Jacobs is bigger, but I think Barber runs well between the tackles plus he can break it to the outside if needed. IMO, Barber would be effective on the goaline as well...which is another reason it pisses his fantasy owners off when Jacobs steals TD's.

+ Reply to Thread