+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Why Texas will win"

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: "Why Texas will win"

It was a great game.

On the last drive Texas had success early when they came right after Young. I know they gave up a couple of pass completions after that, but why give up on the blitz? It was the only thing that stopped him all night. Young was out of this world. Has any quarterback ever had such a game, both running and passing, with so much on the line?

I am glad Texas won, even though it also made the LSU fans happy. USC got too much glory this season. They deserved a dose of reality. The Texas D set up the win, making one fourth-down stand when it counted the most.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Wow, what a game. I never had a doubt that the Horns would win, haha, riiiiight. I am not a huge Reggie Bush fan or anything, but for those who didnt think he had a good game, come on. he still ahd like 177 total yards of offense, more receiveing than running. I am telling you he will be Westbrook with more talent. He only had the one jawdropping play with his speed on the edge. It was simply too much Vince Young, he played completely error-free. That is what scared me at the end because I knew he was bound to make a mistake, it is just too hard to play that flawless. USC's offense lived up to the hype, but Texas just rose above. I knew USC's defense would kill them in the end, they couldnt stop anything even with Carroll having the immortal month to prepare. I knew this one would be close and a barnburner, and I am glad UT pulled it out. My brother in law is a UT grad and was at the game, I cant wait to talk to him.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    It was a great game.

On the last drive Texas had success early when they came right after Young. I know they gave up a couple of pass completions after that, but why give up on the blitz? It was the only thing that stopped him all night. Young was out of this world. Has any quarterback ever had such a game, both running and passing, with so much on the line?

I am glad Texas won, even though it also made the LSU fans happy. USC got too much glory this season. They deserved a dose of reality. The Texas D set up the win, making one fourth-down stand when it counted the most.
    Yeh, they had a lot of affect blitzing from Vince's right because he loves to run to his right. When they brought that DB from their left edge (Vince's right) to get him, he had trouble. They got one completion on the last drive and it was short of the first, but they had that stupid facemask, which probably should have been a 15 yarder. After that, they tried it some more, but Texas kept the RB in to block, very smart. After not being effective a few plays, they stopped the DB blitz and started the LB blitzes up the middle, a terrible idea in my opinion. It opened up the outside, and left the middle open for passes to the TE, who had many crucial catches.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

how did the greatest team ever, with the greatest qb ever, and a rb that is a mix between walter payton and barry sanders get beat?

usc won one championship.

matt lienert won one championship and one heisman in two years with some of the "best talent in the country" surrounding him, hardly the greatest ever.

bush pretty much got handled. lendell white was their best player.

how is vince young not as good as matt lienert? i thought he was just another aaron brooks. he looked smarter and faster than brooks and just as good if not better throwing the ball.

saints better get vince young if houston does not.

espn was serving some serious kool aid, its funny to hear the spin now.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Vince Young was mad he didn't win the Heisman. He took it out on USC. Some pro team is going to hit the jackpot with him, but will he last long physically in the NFL? Probably not, but it will be fun to watch while it lasts.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Vince Young was mad he didn't win the Heisman. He took it out on USC. Some pro team is going to hit the jackpot with him, but will he last long physically in the NFL? Probably not, but it will be fun to watch while it lasts.
    Actually - I don't think he runs with reckless abandon like Vick does -

Even last nite, no one got clear shots at him and he was always able to side step them -

Granted in the pros, everyone has the "speed" but I think he will be a much more controlled player than Vick -

If he is going to be a Top 5 pick (which he should) he should come out, but I still think Leinart is the BEST pro QB prospect and Bush is the best overall talent in the draft -

Remember - Young touches the ball on EVERY offensive play Texas had, Bush doesn't have that luxury, basically splitting time with White, yet Bush was still able to put up those great numbers - what would he of put up if he touches the ball 10 or 15 more times a ballgame -

Honestly, if he does come out, I hope the Texans take Young and that will leave Bush for the Saints....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think Carson Palmer was right on when he said that Young runs a little better than Steve Young, but he doesn't through as well...and he throws a little better than Mike Vick, but he doesn't run as well. I think he runs safer than Vick and that will be a good thing at the next level. I'm not sure how his game will transfer to the NFL, but his stock won't get any higher than it is right now, he should strike while the iron is hot.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Actually - I don't think he runs with reckless abandon like Vick does -

Even last nite, no one got clear shots at him and he was always able to side step them -

Granted in the pros, everyone has the "speed" but I think he will be a much more controlled player than Vick -

If he is going to be a Top 5 pick (which he should) he should come out, but I still think Leinart is the BEST pro QB prospect and Bush is the best overall talent in the draft -

Remember - Young touches the ball on EVERY offensive play Texas had, Bush doesn't have that luxury, basically splitting time with White, yet Bush was still able to put up those great numbers - what would he of put up if he touches the ball 10 or 15 more times a ballgame -

Honestly, if he does come out, I hope the Texans take Young and that will leave Bush for the Saints....
    Bush is great, but he cant touch the ball 10 to 15 times more per game consistently because he wont run between the tackles that much in the NFL. The team that draft's him will have to have two RBs. Bush and a LenDale White type, who can pound and get tough yards that Reggie will not do and doesnt need to do because he will get hurt. What a coach ahs to do is find creative ways to get Reggie the Ball in space and not in clutter. Texas did a good job with their speed of stopping Reggie from running wild except once, but Reggie still hurt them in the passing game. He will be Westbrook with more talent, I am telling you. The only way he can get 25-30 touches a game is if he can be in space every time, which will be hard to do. He will hardly ever run in between the tackles in the NFL, which will make it hard for him to get that many.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I think Carson Palmer was right on when he said that Young runs a little better than Steve Young, but he doesn't through as well...and he throws a little better than Mike Vick, but he doesn't run as well. I think he runs safer than Vick and that will be a good thing at the next level. I'm not sure how his game will transfer to the NFL, but his stock won't get any higher than it is right now, he should strike while the iron is hot.
    I disagree, i think Young runs the ball much better than Vick. plus he is 6'3 or 4.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I disagree, i think Young runs the ball much better than Vick. plus he is 6'3 or 4.
    I think he runs safer and in some ways "better". I don't think he'll sell tickets quite the way Vick does because he's not as explosive or exciting, but I think he's more effective. Last night they listed him as 6'5" and 233.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    I hate lsu so bad, I'll be sporting a usc shirt tonight for the game. I love usc for stealing some of lsu's glory two years ago. It still eats at the lsu fans.
    Is that a Texas sized chip on your shoulder? :icon_wink

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought that Coach Brown and the Horns would choke as usual. Congrats to them all!

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Football Re: "Why Texas will win"

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    white can supplant himself as one of the best running backs in the history of college football -- and get out of reggie's shadow. i hope he takes advantage of that.

theprofessor
    Uh, professor?...how can White "supplant himself?" :icon_wink

I disagree. White is a good college running back, for certain. But an all time great?...C'mon...

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I will say this.

USC has the best O-line in college football. And most are coming back. They will be just as good next year if their junior linemen don't leave.

I don't like comparing Young and Vick. Young has too much throwing ability and game management. It was like watching perfection.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    I will say this.

USC has the best O-line in college football. And most are coming back. They will be just as good next year if their junior linemen don't leave.

I don't like comparing Young and Vick. Young has too much throwing ability and game management. It was like watching perfection.
    Young made it all look so effortless and he was so calm. It was amazing.

+ Reply to Thread