+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shan shines vs Boise

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Shan shines vs Boise

It was nice to see Shan Moore aggressively drive, penetrate, pull up for jumpers, etc. Tonight she looked like the Shan I've expected since seeing her in high school. She played under 30 minutes, 18 points, couple of great steals. She looked confident and motivated. Very impressive. Her dribble penetration and jumpers really help us offensively. Ty Moore had another double/double, Decimen several blocks and big rebounds, though nothing at all on offense. Amber continues to be a warrior, Williams solid and an amazing rebounder with her quickness. Mangum got some rebounds with her quickness, and her penetration and ability to hit jumpers is going to make her a special Lady Techster. Boise played very hard is well coached, and shoots very well. The game was closer than the score. We have to have Shan Moore continue to step up and the team play hard every game to sweep the WAC, though. This team can smash most WAC teams on a really good night, but we are not there yet. Turnovers abound. This was a competitive game and we responded but we should expect to have to battle this season. Congratulations on a good win in which we kept control of the game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Shan shines vs Boise

Good analysis Russ. This was SHAN's night. This was her best game of the year by far. Except I don't remember any BIG rebounds by DeCiman. I agree with everything else though you didn't mention Aray. 3-16 from the field and 2-9 behind the arc. I think she forced too many shots when she wasn't open. She needs to play within herself. Our Defense was nonexistant in the first half, but we picked it up after halftime. I think they announced that Tasha scored her 1000 career point tonight too.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

How about Tamika tonight? I love her as much as the next Techster fan but she was lathargic tonight. Her passes were weak, no motivation. Ty stepped it up and did her job and Tamika's job.

I am one of Tamika's biggest fans, I just don't know what happened tonight.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, BLUE and steltz. I am a Tamika fan too and usually really like the way she competes, but against Boise she was unnoticeable by and large. A Ray really did rush several threes: almost off balance on a couple.

This game was not our best overall, and not on a level to sweep the WAC when we get on the road, but we have it in us for sure. The first half defense was definitely not intense Techster defense and we've got to have it, but I think that will come. Without it we lose 2 - 3 WAC games. If A Ray shoots better, Shan keeps it up, Williams and Ty and Eboni stay solid, Tamika contributes, Amber keep battling (nice three by her!) others contribute like they can, we have a shot.

The WAC is improving. Boise played hard and was not intimidated and has a young team. They've come a long way since those weak teams in their early WAC years, and of course Fresno has improved. Hawaii looks competitive. WAC commissioner Benson says this is what the "Play UP" theme is, not necessarily playing up in in big time BCS school games as much as raising your game up. I think Boise has done that with their program, and the game seemed more like a 4 or 5 point game rather than what the score showed. It's good that the WAC competition is improving: that should help us. Let's hope Long and company can raise our program so we stay well ahead. I'd rather win 15 point victories against improved competition that pushes us than 40 point blowouts, but we are at a critical point to recruit and increase our talent to maintain a gap. Shan's play was really encouraging for the success of this year's team.
    Last edited by Russdawg; 01-06-2006 at 06:16 AM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not only is the WAC getting better, which is a good thing, but our opponents smell blood. Everyone in WBB knows that this is not the same Techsters of years past.

Unless several players suddenly find their games, we will lose 2 or 3 conference games. Will probably still win the WAC regular season title because those other teams will be beating each other too, but I don't see a regular season sweep out of this bunch.

As for the WAC tourney, no team has yet stepped up to be the Rice of last year. One might, and if it happens, we won't win the auto bid again this year.

That's the reality of this team now. Kursh and Deciman continue to be busts. They contribute nothing. Boyd has the talent, but as of yet, has not become a consistent scorer. If 2 of those 3 players find their game, then watch out, the Techsters could roll into the Sweet 16. If they don't, look for a repeat of last year, one and done.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    That's the reality of this team now. Kursh and Deciman continue to be busts. They contribute nothing..
    Kursh is playing great this year. She has more fire then any other player on the court 9/10 nights. She is 31/67 from the field this year not a bad statistic. I mean she might not be everything she was cracked up to be, but certainly not a bust. Without Tamika we would be in much worse shape.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

if they want to win the wac and keep the streak of getting to the ncaas alive, they need several things.

they need tasha to light a fire. she hasnt brought the same energy we are used to.

they need shan to be the leading sorer, 15+ per night. she is the best scorer on the team. she needs to be more confiednet and aggressive and look for her shot. i think she is starting to do that.

they need to get eboni mangum on the court as often as possible.

they need amber metoyer on the floor too. she brings tons of energy.

they need to get ray-boyd more open looks because she can knock them down. she needs to find a way to contribute when she isnt getting open looks. to often she will force 3s when she hasnt had a shot for a while.

kursch and ty moore are what they are. as long as they compete for every rebound and bring energy on defense, thats all we can ask for. they arent gonna score 20 points very often.

most of all, they need SOMETHING from margeret. block some shots, get a few rebounds, score some easy buckets, stay on the floor. she is our only size. she needs to play like its her last chance to ever play and not worry about anything else.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    if they want to win the wac and keep the streak of getting to the ncaas alive, they need several things.

they need tasha to light a fire. she hasnt brought the same energy we are used to.

they need shan to be the leading sorer, 15+ per night. she is the best scorer on the team. she needs to be more confiednet and aggressive and look for her shot. i think she is starting to do that.

they need to get eboni mangum on the court as often as possible.

they need amber metoyer on the floor too. she brings tons of energy.

they need to get ray-boyd more open looks because she can knock them down. she needs to find a way to contribute when she isnt getting open looks. to often she will force 3s when she hasnt had a shot for a while.

kursch and ty moore are what they are. as long as they compete for every rebound and bring energy on defense, thats all we can ask for. they arent gonna score 20 points very often.

most of all, they need SOMETHING from margeret. block some shots, get a few rebounds, score some easy buckets, stay on the floor. she is our only size. she needs to play like its her last chance to ever play and not worry about anything else.
    Good assessment. I agree with it all. I really had hoped that Margaret would be much improved this year. We should all be thankful that Ty has come a long way, because she is our only option down low. I, actually, think that Ty will continue to improve. She is getting better and better. Not enough size, but she can play.

+ Reply to Thread