+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Frown 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

http://www.wacsports.com/view_article.asp?id=3718

We continue to hold down the next to last spot in the yearly WAC Commissioner's Cup race. I sure hope we can win both the Men's and Women's Basketball titles so we can add some points and move up in the race the first time in 3 years. Baseball needs to move us up as well.

Here are the past 3 school years' results, if anyone wants to review:
    2004-05
    http://www.wacsports.com/view_articl...rticleid=62759

2003-04
    http://www.wacsports.com/view_article.asp?id=1870

2002-03
    http://www.wacsports.com/view_article.asp?id=1005

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Not directing this at you MD, but I think the Commissioner's Cup is stupid. Did we think of Rice as having the best athletics in the conference? Did we think SMU was one of the top programs?

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Not directing this at you MD, but I think the Commissioner's Cup is stupid. Did we think of Rice as having the best athletics in the conference? Did we think SMU was one of the top programs?
    Yeah but we are KICKING NMSU ASS.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Tech77,

Not sure what to make of your post? As far as Rice, I assume you are talking about Baseball??? SMU???

I simply posted where we stand as an AthDept, not just one sport here or one sport there, but all sports versus our conference counterparts.

MC

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

The commissioner's cup wouldn't be so stupid if the standings were weighted based on the number of scholarships given or revenue generated. But first place in women's indoor track counts 10 points, just as much as first place in football. That is stupid.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Tech77,

Not sure what to make of your post? As far as Rice, I assume you are talking about Baseball??? SMU???

I simply posted where we stand as an AthDept, not just one sport here or one sport there, but all sports versus our conference counterparts.

MC
    MD, I was referring to the 04-05 standings, as listed when you click on the link you provided.

MD, I was referring to the 04-05 standings, as listed when you click on the link you provided.
    O ok. But to answer your question from 04-05, yes, I think Rice was one of the best AthDepts overall. Men's and Women's BB in top 2 and Baseball nationally ranked again. Smaller sports were competitive. Only drawback for them was FB. If they were simply middle of the pack, they really would have distanced themselves even more than the 9 point victory.

OK, you athletic administrator types look at the total picture. Joe fan looks at football, basketball and baseball. I admit I enjoy hearing of our successes in any sport.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

They all count one!

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

We should have 7 points for FB & FSU should have 6 (not both with 6.5)since we beat them head to head!

Oh, I see in the fine print ties are not broken but averaged between the tied teams....what a load of garbage!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What?!?!

No Acey-Deucy?
    No Spades?
    No Beer Pong?
    Last edited by Cool Hand Clyde; 01-10-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Don't some of those universities also score for sports we don't even have??

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I say make DR and JO's salary a percentage of where we finish in the Cup standings. If it ends up this way, they make about 22% of their potential salary. Forces them to pay attention to every sport...

+ Reply to Thread