+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawaii

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Wasn't pretty? I'd say a win on the island is beautiful, baby!

UH is good and winning at their place is huge.

Congrats Coach Long and Techsters!
    I agree dawg80. Any win on the Island is good. Hawaii was on an 8 game winning streak. This is the only loss that was predicted in conference by Palm and other experts.

That doesn't mean that we can relax, though. Got a HUGE game again Saturday night. This is an extremely tough road trip. Fresno will be ready and waiting for us. They had a pretty easy win last night at their place. I hope our girls get some rest and are ready for action. It is going to be another one that takes a lot of heart to win.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Very nice win in the island...

The second game of the trip is always the TOUGHEST -

Take care of Fresno and it gives the Techsters a good leg up in the first quarter of the race -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Did the Techsters make their flight? They were supposed to leave at 10:30 Hawaii time, which Malcolm said was going to make it very tight. With the overtime I am sure it was really, really tight.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Did the Techsters make their flight? They were supposed to leave at 10:30 Hawaii time, which Malcolm said was going to make it very tight. With the overtime I am sure it was really, really tight.
    I sure hope so. Hard to get much information on them when they have such a late game.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Every team from year-to-year has a certain character. This team FIGHTS HARD. They don't QUIT! I like that. If we could have one more player step up a little, this team can make some noise.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent W!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Good job ladies. I would not have bet the farm on this one but I will certainly take the "W".

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    They did not. Here's part of the write up from latechsports.com:

HONOLULU/FRESNO -- Louisiana Tech paid a price for its 71-66 overtime victory over Hawaii Thursday night when the Lady Techster travel party missed its flight off the island following the game.

Tech, which is scheduled to tipoff against Fresno State Saturday at 3 p.m. CST, arrived at the Honolulu International Airport Thursday night just as its 10:20 HST flight was departing.

As of Friday at noon CST, Louisiana Tech was sitting in the Honolulu Airport Motel waiting on a 6 p.m. CST flight that would take it to Los Angeles, where the Lady Techsters will then jump on a bus and arrive in Fresno at approximately 3 a.m. PST.

"Obviously, this is unfortante for us," said Tech head coach Chris Long. "We won't be able to practice prior to playing Fresno State and the fatigue factor was already a concern. However, we have to play the game and be resilient and try to get it done against a very good Fresno State team."

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

I guess Hawaii is not a bad place to be stuck. Hope the team can relax on the beach for a bit. However, if a pilot of a plane knows that a group of roughly 20-30 people are on its way (and in the airport), couldn't it have waited for another 15 minutes or so? (I know there are other factors such as overbooking that could have come into play as well.)

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't look good for the Techsters. They will be flat playing a fired up team. If they win this, they will be a team to be reckened with down the road.

+ Reply to Thread