+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fresno game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Fresno game

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    I'd guess that with the early Saturday gametime in Fresno that the decision was made when the travel was booked to try to fly out Thursday after the game. A flight earlier in the day Friday was probably available when the booking was done. The coaching staff gambled and lost.

But this game should have still been won by Tech anyway. Eliminate the numerous defensive breakdowns, subpar shooting, sloppy ball-handling, and too many cheap fouls on defense (this isn't the first game this combination has happened this year), and a W would have been well within reach.
    I agree. The travel "problems" are a lame excuse. These are 19, 20, 21 yr olds we are talking about. Yeah, they might be REALLY tired today...but that is pure BS to say it's what cost them the game.

I didn't see the game, but I did find it hard to fathom that the foul difference was so great. At one point in the 2nd half Tech had been whistled for 13 fouls to just 4 for Fresno. Were the zebras just home-cooking, or are we that bad on defense we have to grab on?

Puppy LT30 has turned a few heads around hereLT30 has turned a few heads around here

Commercial vs. Charter

It's a money thing and always will be.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I didn't see the game, but I did find it hard to fathom that the foul difference was so great. At one point in the 2nd half Tech had been whistled for 13 fouls to just 4 for Fresno. Were the zebras just home-cooking, or are we that bad on defense we have to grab on?
    I didn't see the game either, but Williams is in foul trouble almost every game now with 1-2 unnecessary reaching fouls. Defensive plays that in past seasons produced steals are now causing fouls. And other players besides Williams are getting caught up in it too, especially with the entire issue of "displacement" taking up several pages in the points of emphasis and officiating guidelines sections of the rulebook.

Teams that run a fundamental offense draw fouls from Tech. When Tech comes down and takes quick shots, Tech doesn't draw fouls but picks up more trying to offensive rebound.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    I didn't see the game either, but Williams is in foul trouble almost every game now with 1-2 unnecessary reaching fouls. Defensive plays that in past seasons produced steals are now causing fouls. And other players besides Williams are getting caught up in it too, especially with the entire issue of "displacement" taking up several pages in the points of emphasis and officiating guidelines sections of the rulebook.

Teams that run a fundamental offense draw fouls from Tech. When Tech comes down and takes quick shots, Tech doesn't draw fouls but picks up more trying to offensive rebound.
    They called a lot of offensive fouls last night when we were driving to the basket. Also, officials are concentrating on hand checks this year more so than in the past. As the season goes on, it is starting to loosen up some, but not by much. Last night seemed a little unreasonable.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I thought the foul situation was interesting. All of our guards were in foul trouble and none of our bigs were. Usually it's the other way around. But the guards scored most of our 58 points, and we got very little offense from the bigs. The guards also outrebounded the bigs.

Tasha 4 fouls...12 points...5 rebounds
    Eboni 4 fouls...9 points...8 rebounds
    Shan 4 fouls...12 points...7 rebounds
    Aray 5 fouls...7 points...5 rebounds
    *GUARDS 17 fouls...40 points...25 rebounds

Amber 3 fouls...0 points...6 rebounds
    Tamika 1 foul...6 points...3 rebounds
    Ty 2 fouls...5 points...7 rebounds
    Margaret 2 fouls...7 points...5 rebounds
    *BIGS 8 fouls...18 points...21 rebounds

And once again, this team gets in trouble when Tasha is on the bench with foul trouble. We need her in the game. Go Techsters!!

+ Reply to Thread