+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pat Hill

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Pat Hill

http://fresnostate.scout.com/2/488128.html

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - Fresno State coach Pat Hill wants to hear what the NFL has to offer.

After receiving requests from several teams he didn't name, the former NFL assistant coach said he will interview for new jobs for the first time since taking over the Fresno State program in 1997.

"With so much interest at this time from NFL teams, I owe it to my family to look and listen," Hill said. "It is a great compliment to our program, coaching staff and players that so many NFL teams have expressed this type of interest."

Hill, a former assistant under Bill Belichick in Cleveland, was interviewed by the Houston Texans on Monday, a team spokesman said. The New Orleans Saints and the St. Louis Rams reportedly have contacted Hill for imminent interviews, and the Oakland Raiders are thought to be interested as well.

But Hill plans to stick with the Bulldogs if he doesn't see progress in a self-imposed 10-day window for interviews. With the recruiting season in full swing, Fresno State can not afford to have Hill's status uncertain for long.

The school supports Hill's decision to entertain other offers, though it also hopes for a quick resolution.

"Coach Hill has earned the right to fully explore and evaluate his career options so he may determine what is best for his family in the years ahead," Fresno State athletics director Thomas Beoh said.

Hill has gone 72-43 with seven bowl berths and an unparalleled reputation for knocking off major-conference powers during his tenure at Fresno State. He has tailored the program to his specifications, right down to the bright-green V's he put on the back of the helmets to symbolize the San Joaquin Valley.

The Bulldogs (8-5) lost their final four games this season, blowing the chance for Hill's first outright WAC championship and later losing to underdog Tulsa in the Liberty Bowl.

Hill makes nearly $1 million annually at Fresno State under a contract that runs through 2007.

Heard last night on ESPN Radio that St. Louis is really looking at him. But my real reason to post this is look at what he currently makes!
    $1,000,000
    That's an expensive but kicking we give Frezno!!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Pat Hill

I thought he was going to accept a full-time job sweeping floors at Orange County Choppers. Or maybe Hulk Hogan's body guard. Oh Yeaah!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Just goes to show you that money does not answer everything.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Just goes to show you that money does not answer everything.
    Exactly right.... what does JB3 make anyways?

Money on one person like that doesn't make alot of sense to me, but IF you can give that person some great tools, then that would make alot more sense to me. I'm one of those that's pretty hard on JB3 and he deserves some of it, but he does a good job without having the benefits that other coaches get.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Exactly right.... what does JB3 make anyways?

Money on one person like that doesn't make alot of sense to me, but IF you can give that person some great tools, then that would make alot more sense to me. I'm one of those that's pretty hard on JB3 and he deserves some of it, but he does a good job without having the benefits that other coaches get.
    Contrare -

If they WEREN'T paying Pat Hill that $1,000,000 plus then he would have been gone ALONG time ago -

They have a stadium that seats 40,000+ and are playing in front of SRO corwds for every home game -

They just built a 16,000 seat basketball arena and have over 12,000 season tickets -

They have one of the nicest baseball facilities on the West Coast -

Frseno St FOOTBALL (Pat Hill has taken it to that level) pays those bills and allows them to have those luxuries - plus they have a WELL RESPECTED football program across the nation - most say the one that could make the jump from NON-BCS to BCS the easiest and most successful -

MONEY affords you the ability to met those NEEDS -

Don't kid yourselves just because TECH was able to beat them twice in a row - and remember wbb in the overall scheme of things DON'T mean squat....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Contrare -

If they WEREN'T paying Pat Hill that $1,000,000 plus then he would have been gone ALONG time ago -

They have a stadium that seats 40,000+ and are playing in front of SRO corwds for every home game -

They just built a 16,000 seat basketball arena and have over 12,000 season tickets -

They have one of the nicest baseball facilities on the West Coast -

Frseno St FOOTBALL (Pat Hill has taken it to that level) pays those bills and allows them to have those luxuries - plus they have a WELL RESPECTED football program across the nation - most say the one that could make the jump from NON-BCS to BCS the easiest and most successful -

MONEY affords you the ability to met those NEEDS -

Don't kid yourselves just because TECH was able to beat them twice in a row - and remember wbb in the overall scheme of things DON'T mean squat....
    I don't think any of us would not like to have the facilities and support that Fresno has. Money needs to be spent, but it needs to go to those that we want to retain and to facilities. Pat Hill may have pulled off some great victories, but they have not even won their own conference - something that we have done. Plus, we have beat them 2 years in a row in football, no matter that they were ranked.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I don't think any of us would not like to have the facilities and support that Fresno has. Money needs to be spent, but it needs to go to those that we want to retain and to facilities. Pat Hill may have pulled off some great victories, but they have not even won their own conference - something that we have done. Plus, we have beat them 2 years in a row in football, no matter that they were ranked.
    And what has that gotten us -

The same old 15,000 or so faces each and every game in Ruston -

The $1,000,000 they are spending on Pat Hill seems to be well spent - considering they are in the midst of probably expanding Bulldog Stadium to 60,000+

Either you want to be BIG TIME or you don't - they have a shot (albeit remote) to someday run the table and make the BCS - we don't - it is as simple as that -

How many straight bowl games has Fresno gone to 5?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Either you want to be BIG TIME or you don't
    That's the crux of the matter...we want to be big time, but our leaders seem content to be second fiddle (at best).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

And what has that gotten us -

The same old 15,000 or so faces each and every game in Ruston -

The $1,000,000 they are spending on Pat Hill seems to be well spent - considering they are in the midst of probably expanding Bulldog Stadium to 60,000+

Either you want to be BIG TIME or you don't - they have a shot (albeit remote) to someday run the table and make the BCS - we don't - it is as simple as that -

How many straight bowl games has Fresno gone to 5?
    I don't think we are really in disagreement on most of this. You know me and know that I want MUCH more. It isn't all about money, though. There is spending money and there is spending money wisely. We don't do either.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

It isn't all about money, though. There is spending money and there is spending money wisely. We don't do either.
    Dwayne, this is what I was thinking... he just put it in better words.

With Fresno spending about $30 a year on athletics and not DOMINATING in most every sport, I would call that unwise spending.

But what BOTH of ya'll are failing to REALIZE is that Pat Hill and his success with that porgram - regardless of the TWO hiccups against us - is what GIVES them that money...

Right now - there is NO comparison of where their overall program is in relation to ours - they are poised on the cusp of being ready to move on to bigger and better things and we are STRUGGLING to make ends meet - and they are NOT thinking MWC, they are thinking and every decision they make is towards the EVENTUAL goal of PAC 10 memnership -

And it all goes back to the SUCCESS that Pat Hill has forged with that football program -

Once again $1,000,000 well spent in my book - its not about DOMINATING in all sports or one sport - its about having COMPETIVE, WINNING sports in all sports -

Sports that people FLOCK to the games to see and buy tickets to - its happening in Fresno, its not in Ruston....

Bulldog bigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around herebigjimfolsom has turned a few heads around here bigjimfolsom's Avatar

Dwayne,

One of the nicest baseball facilities on the west coast? I am not too sur about that. Field is average, lots of seating but bad angles, lockerrooms are a joke. Give me USC, Cal, UCLA, Fullerton, UC-Riverside any day. I will take my place here in Reno over Fresno. The ONLY thing I am missing here is a visitors clubhouse. We just spent 4 million on upgrades. We are now one of the few that has a total fieldturf surface. Lights are getting installed as we speak also.

Not meant as a slam on you just don't use the word Fresno and nicest anything together please. SavMart is a great facility thats it though.

Jason Martin

Just going by what Dave says on his broadcasts...

Maybe not the best - but one of the better -

They've spent several million on this facility in the past few years...

Here is a link

http://gobulldogs.collegesports.com/...011900aab.html

+ Reply to Thread