+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State auditor review of ULM and Tech ticket sales

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: State auditor review of ULM and Tech ticket sales

I don't understand why the administrators and the big wallets don't understand this. Our women's program is storied and great...nobody is debating that. Our women's program has brought pride to the University...that's GREAT! The big money schools are now pouring money into women's bball and it's getting harder and harder for us to keep up. A good investment in Men's basketball WILL IMPROVE OUR POSITION IN THE WORLD OF WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. If the guys were a consistent tourny team, the increased revenue would benefit every program that we have. It's not choosing one or the other, it's choosing between improving everyone and running things like we used to...WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING AS WELL AS IT ONCE DID.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

It's a super secret conspiracy!
    Go Tech!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I don't understand why the administrators and the big wallets don't understand this. Our women's program is storied and great...nobody is debating that. Our women's program has brought pride to the University...that's GREAT! The big money schools are now pouring money into women's bball and it's getting harder and harder for us to keep up. A good investment in Men's basketball WILL IMPROVE OUR POSITION IN THE WORLD OF WOMEN'S BASKETBALL. If the guys were a consistent tourny team, the increased revenue would benefit every program that we have. It's not choosing one or the other, it's choosing between improving everyone and running things like we used to...WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING AS WELL AS IT ONCE DID.
    I agree, but the worm may be turning. This all doesn't just happen overnight.
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    It's a super secret conspiracy!
    Nope - not very secret - some would say blatant -

These numbers are generated for the NCAA report and the purpose it serves, another set for the STATE audit - the big difference is the one's given to the Title IX oversight agency -

While this report gives the school a clean OPINION it is not the end all be all of information - just states TECH is following the procedures they are suppose to -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Nope - not very secret - some would say blatant -

These numbers are generated for the NCAA report and the purpose it serves, another set for the STATE audit - the big difference is the one's given to the Title IX oversight agency -

While this report gives the school a clean OPINION it is not the end all be all of information - just states TECH is following the procedures they are suppose to -
    So, what are the REAL numbers? Break it down for those less fortunate (and uninformed) types like me.
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

As far as I know the SCHOOLS audit has not been released yet...

It's not the same group doing both audits? Doesn't the state do both audits? One audit doesn't have to agree to the other?
    Go Tech!

It's not the same group doing both audits? Doesn't the state do both audits? One audit doesn't have to agree to the other?
    Read the report -

It is an AUDIT on agreed upon procedures - not an AUDIT of financial statements -

So no - they may be close in total, but that doesn't mean they are classified right or that the numbers are final -

Listen - in most years, the Techster program has been budgeted in excess of the Bulldog program - sometimes as much as $50,000 or more - that may not sound like a lot but it is - especially when you consider how tight money is in Ruston - in 2001 the Techster budget was $533,000 and the Men's $484,000 - all through the SBC, ASC and SLC days this was the case -

Even with the additional monies they have still "lost" more than the men's program - sometimes as much as $20,000 more - that's a $70,000 swing -

I applaud the Legislative Auditor for making them seperate the sports on this report - I hope it carries over to the other reports instead of being LUMPED together -

I'm glad the numbers are more in line, but I have my doubts to the NON-SPECIFIC program spending -

Listen, Dr Reneau is the one who punctured this sore for all the world to see and it has not sat well with alot of people - I have a feeling this report is a reflection of that -

OK, I see what you are saying. I thought the difference between budgets was a lot more than $50,000.
    Go Tech!

OK, I see what you are saying. I thought the difference between budgets was a lot more than $50,000.
    Thanks -

At TECH - $50,000 is a LOT to men's basketball - A HELL OF A LOT -

The difference in 4 or 5 wins in OOC -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Thanks -

At TECH - $50,000 is a LOT to men's basketball - A HELL OF A LOT -
    OK, $50K is a lot to you but not to me, so I call a truce.:icon_razz
    Go Tech!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Title IX dictates that universities spend $ on women's programs. Some spend more tha others. USL spends next to nothing on WBB...and they are an absolute joke and the $ they do spend is, in my opinion, a total waste. I prefer to see us spend the $ and get something in return. I am one of those that believes we will see the Top 10 again.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will say it once again. There should not be a competition between two Tech sports. ALL of our sports need more money. We do not need to rob one to get more for another. If our administration would market and invest in the programs like many of us wish, this would not be a conversation at all.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I will say it once again. There should not be a competition between two Tech sports. ALL of our sports need more money. We do not need to rob one to get more for another. If our administration would market and invest in the programs like many of us wish, this would not be a conversation at all.
    Champ,

Again I admire your optimism...but I think you turn your head to the reality of the situation. Unless something drastic happens, we will always have a limited amount of resources...DR/JO need to maximize what we have by spending $$$ where it will count the most, which in the end could mean more $$$ for all of our sports.

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Title IX dictates that universities spend $ on women's programs. Some spend more tha others. USL spends next to nothing on WBB...and they are an absolute joke and the $ they do spend is, in my opinion, a total waste. I prefer to see us spend the $ and get something in return. I am one of those that believes we will see the Top 10 again.
    And how does that make them any different than what we do with our OTHER womens programs -

They decide to spread their dollars around to their softball, tennis and other womens programs and due to that they have an all round stronger female athletic program -

Their softball is an annual contender for the CWS and thier tennis program is always a threat to make the NCAAs -

And right now, the Lady Cajuns could probably give this Techster team all they want and more on the basketball court -

+ Reply to Thread