37 69.81%
  • No - money could be spent better

3 5.66%
  • Maybe - tell me more...

13 24.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

Would you as a poster be interested in BB&B being an ALL SPORTS SPONSOR for the radio broadcasts of TECH athletics for the 2006-2007 sports year?

This would basically give us ad time on all radio sports braodcasts 2 to 3 times EACH game for all sports - Football, Basketball, Techster Basketball and Baseball -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

An all-sports sponsorship by all radio sponsors will probably be the only way to have WAC road baseball coverage guaranteed. Apparently unlike this upcoming season.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

I think that the most important thing that this board can do is raise awareness of its existence first and foremost. Putting the ads will definately help.

I remember how long I cared about Tech athletics before I found this board a year ago; I just sort of "in the dark" about it even existing. I really feel that there is right now a pretty small percentage of people who have some interest in Tech athletics that even really know this place exists.

With the limited amount of information coming out of the University, and not really any other avenues to get information, I can see this board becoming a very (even more) powerful voice.

Another avenue would be to take up ad space in newspapers. For example, put an ad for upcoming football games, sponsored by BB&B, sort of "taking up the slack" for the athletic dept's lack of marketing savvy.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

YES

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

What if...we did the asking for Ronnie, Jim, Dan, ect. What I'm saying is, what if we were the mouth-peices? What if we made it our responsibility to advertise for Tech? We could raise money to run ads in certain places. Radio or TV or whatever we could afford at the time. There are 2,400 Tech Alumni in Rapides Parish alone. If we could get half of those people to donate 50 bucks to champs...we've got $120,000. We say, "This ad was paid for by LaTechBBB.com". We are advertising for us and we possibly raise the total athletic budget. Jim and Dan won't call certain folks...but they don't call anybody else either. Just because they won't be proactive doesn't mean we can't be. We either collect the money and then give it, or we ask the folks to write something about BBB on their donation. That way, the administration knows how much work we've done. We could iron out the kinks later, I just thought of that, so I wanted to post it.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Would you as a poster be interested in BB&B being an ALL SPORTS SPONSOR for the radio broadcasts of TECH athletics for the 2006-2007 sports year?
    I think almost everyone here would like to see us be an ALL SPORTS SPONSOR.

However,

I voted Maybe - Tell me more.

Q- What might be the annual cost ??

Q- What proportion of the "Yes" voters do you estimate might actually bother to contribute funds ??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    I think almost everyone here would like to see us be an ALL SPORTS SPONSOR.

However,

I voted Maybe - Tell me more.

Q- What might be the annual cost ??

Q- What proportion of the "Yes" voters do you estimate might actually bother to contribute funds ??
    Ed can correct me if I'm wrong -

Right now, for the upcoming NEW sports year starting with FOOTBALL and going through baseball 2007 - we would be looking at about $3,500 to $4,000...

They would bill us over a 9 month period - so somehwhere around $400 to $450 a month for the fees -

Usually - if someone says they will do it - they are good about sending the check -

And with something like this it gives us SEVERAL months to make the decision and get the ball rolling -

Hope that helps Dan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    What if...we did the asking for Ronnie, Jim, Dan, ect. What I'm saying is, what if we were the mouth-peices? What if we made it our responsibility to advertise for Tech? We could raise money to run ads in certain places. Radio or TV or whatever we could afford at the time. There are 2,400 Tech Alumni in Rapides Parish alone. If we could get half of those people to donate 50 bucks to champs...we've got $120,000. We say, "This ad was paid for by LaTechBBB.com". We are advertising for us and we possibly raise the total athletic budget. Jim and Dan won't call certain folks...but they don't call anybody else either. Just because they won't be proactive doesn't mean we can't be. We either collect the money and then give it, or we ask the folks to write something about BBB on their donation. That way, the administration knows how much work we've done. We could iron out the kinks later, I just thought of that, so I wanted to post it.
    Don't think it would work and there is NO way JO would relinquish that type of power and money -

We are much better at doing SET individual projects that can be done quickly and we can point DIRECTLY to where the money went -

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea.
    Like I have said before, if we promote BB&B support for LOUISIANA TECH will follow. So change my maybe to yes.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I think us promoting games would be great while also promoting BBB, but I think it is best through newspaper ads. We could start by posting a few ads telling what BBB is and posting game times along with www.latechbbb.com.

I think this is good because it has the address written down and people don't have to remember it. I tend to view a site when I see it written down than when I hear it. It would be great if we could do radio sponsorship and newspaper ads.

I am not saying that we want people to join and give money to us, but some people are not comfortable donating to Tech because of the way they have handled money before. This gives them the opportunity to see what projects BBB is raising money for and they can donate specifically to that. It doesn't really matter where they donate money, but if they knew where it was going besides general fund, they would be more likely to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    I think us promoting games would be great while also promoting BBB, but I think it is best through newspaper ads. We could start by posting a few ads telling what BBB is and posting game times along with www.latechbbb.com
    I'm going to pose this question to you -

Isn't our TARGET audience FIRST AND FOREMOST those people who are listening to the sports broadcast on radio - especially football and basketball?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If we did newspaper ads I'd like to see us run "floating island" ads inside the sports agate. 2 column by 1 inch ads that reads just this:

www.latechbbb.com

We'd have to pay extra for special placement, but think of the effect.

I think the same type banner on the rails at the goal or 5 yd. line of JAS (tv attraction), or over the fence at Love Field (or even painted on the outfield fence! )
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

DFM-You are absolutly correct. That is BB&B target audience. The newspaper thing is not a bad idea, just not enough bang for your buck. Let's get a couple more thousand on this board and collect more money to do that later.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I'm going to pose this question to you -

Isn't our TARGET audience FIRST AND FOREMOST those people who are listening to the sports broadcast on radio - especially football and basketball?
    I think so, but I also think that we need to target the students. The students are a voice and they are bodies. They could give us the attendance figures we need. The students want so badly to be passionate about something and BBB could provide a little direction for that. I think that with an increase in student involvement, our goals would be attained much much easier. Passionate kids get their parents (and their wallets) to games whether they graduated from Tech or not. My parents are both NSU folks, but they hold Tech season tickets because of my little brother.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    If we did newspaper ads I'd like to see us run "floating island" ads inside the sports agate. 2 column by 1 inch ads that reads just this:

www.latechbbb.com

We'd have to pay extra for special placement, but think of the effect.

I think the same type banner on the rails at the goal or 5 yd. line of JAS (tv attraction), or over the fence at Love Field (or even painted on the outfield fence! )
    In MY book that should be #2 on our list -

A SIGN with www.LaTechBBB.com in every sporting venue on the TECH campus -

+ Reply to Thread