37 69.81%
  • No - money could be spent better

3 5.66%
  • Maybe - tell me more...

13 24.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    A SIGN with www.LaTechBBB.com in every sporting venue on the TECH campus -
    How about something in EVERY orientation packet?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Something in orientation packets would be great. Does Sim have any open spots on the fence at Love Field?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    If we did newspaper ads I'd like to see us run "floating island" ads inside the sports agate. 2 column by 1 inch ads that reads just this:

www.latechbbb.com

We'd have to pay extra for special placement, but think of the effect.

I think the same type banner on the rails at the goal or 5 yd. line of JAS (tv attraction), or over the fence at Love Field (or even painted on the outfield fence! )
    This is something I was working on months ago, just havent had the time to finish it up and I was waiting on pricing for all of these items from someone on the board...not sure who it was maddawg maybe? I don't remember.

Martie

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

How can we make the donation tax-deductible? Or can it be deductible at all?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    It's only tax dedictible if we run it through Tech's foundation.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And then its NOT tax deductible if you are PURCHASING ad space....

No matter what you run it through....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

(1) So I give the foundation money.
    (2) They decide to buy www.latechbbb.com ad space with my money.
    (3) My donation is no longer deductible?
    Never mind, (2) not in the cards.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Costs of all sports network on KXKZ ESPN 99.3
    ALL TECH FOOTBALL INCLUDING BOWL GAME:icon_wink
    ALL TECH DAWGS BASKETBALL INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND NCAA TOURN
    ALL TECH LADY TECHSTERS INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND NCAA TOURN
    SELECTED 34 TECH BASEBALL GAMES INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND WORLD SERIES
    2 TO 3 COMMERCIALS PER GAME
    OPEN AND CLOSING BILLBOARDS
    COST
    $348 PER MONTH
    BILLED AUG THRU MAY (10 MONTHS)

The per month cost may increase by $5 to $10 a month for 06--07
    all games on KXKZ Z-107.5 EXCEPT baseball--that will be on ESPN 99.3 and streamed when it doesn't conflict with basketball in that season.

Tech baseball plays 57 total games not including WAC tournament ... Coach Sim and Dave N will select the 34 games we carry..

another note--Dave will not be doing about 12 games so we will get feeds..

Thanks for listening
    Ed

ps..since we haven't had post season games for most of our sports..we don't have info regarding rights fees..especially for World Series...we will notify in advance any additional costs involved --they would be small on a per sponsor basis.

pspss....we are currently sold out on sponsors on the network...we normally have 1 or 2 drop but we won't know till June 15th on any deflections.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    (1) So I give the foundation money.
    (2) They decide to buy www.latechbbb.com ad space with my money.
    (3) My donation is no longer deductible?
    Never mind, (2) not in the cards.
    As you say - will not happen -

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    Only be tax deductible if you have a business and write it off as advertising -

However - if you itemize and you are somewhat more than passive with your "charitable donations" and it is less than $250 - write it off...

I mean - how many of you write-off the full cost of that decoy you purchase at the DU Banquet?

Or the $100 you give to the PTA or youth baseball league?

All 3 are basically non-deductible in some fashion....

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed DFM, but at least those are probabaly 501c3 orgs. A little excitment on the tax return can be fun.

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

How would we donate to BB&B? Who would manage the donations? I'm just curious as to how all of this will work.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    As you say - will not happen -
    But is my donation to the Foundation still deductible, Mr. Man of Audits?:icon_razz
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    Costs of all sports network on KXKZ ESPN 99.3
    ALL TECH FOOTBALL INCLUDING BOWL GAME:icon_wink
    ALL TECH DAWGS BASKETBALL INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND NCAA TOURN
    ALL TECH LADY TECHSTERS INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND NCAA TOURN
    SELECTED 34 TECH BASEBALL GAMES INCLUDING WAC TOURN AND WORLD SERIES
    2 TO 3 COMMERCIALS PER GAME
    OPEN AND CLOSING BILLBOARDS
    COST
    $348 PER MONTH
    BILLED AUG THRU MAY (10 MONTHS)

The per month cost may increase by $5 to $10 a month for 06--07
    all games on KXKZ Z-107.5 EXCEPT baseball--that will be on ESPN 99.3 and streamed when it doesn't conflict with basketball in that season.
    Peanuts! We need to do this guys.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Peanuts! We need to do this guys.
    I'll go on record right now and pledge to participate at some level, should the board admins decide to follow through on this.

However, I'm anticipating that deductibility of contributions (e.g., through CHAMPS) might be a big issue for me this year. Sure hoping I'm anticipating correctly. If so, I'll be able to do both, no prob.

Pls change my vote in the poll from Maybe to YES.

+ Reply to Thread