37 69.81%
  • No - money could be spent better

3 5.66%
  • Maybe - tell me more...

13 24.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

Quote Originally Posted by scubbdog
    How would we donate to BB&B?
    Not to worry............ If this goes forward, very clear instructions will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by scubbdog
    Who would manage the donations? I'm just curious as to how all of this will work.
    Again, not to worry. The board admins will manage the donations. And these dudes are GIVERS, not takers.

jmo

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Okay the radio sponsorship is $3,500.

We can do that.

Can we do more? Maybe. Lets look into it.

What would a couple of billboards in Shreveport, Ruston and Monroe run? Put the Tech Home Football schedule on the boards.

We have representatives from the Blue Crew on here. What would it cost to get some poster printed up with the BBall Schedule, etc? Can the Blue Crew ditribute them to local businesses and around campus?

What would some 30 second and 60 second radio ads cost us in Monroe and Shreveport? Advertise the football games.

Whatever we do, we probably need to discuss our ideas with JO. Not asking permission, but letting him know our intentions. He might have commercials, artwork, etc already laid out.

We all complain about the marketing of the program, maybe we can do something about it.

I am in! Got a good bonus this year.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I think the way to go is the radio.

I looked at placing an ad in the S'port times once and their prices for that piece of crap paper are high for what you get.

Their prices were comparable to the DMN over here at one time. More bang for the buck with Radio. Besides our monsterous radio network covers basically the same range as the papers we would be advertising in, but with the radio broadcasts on the net, you will reach the far corners of the world.......

Just think about the day when we can look at JO and Dr and proclaim... BBB and is a world wide enterprise baby...next stop gloabl domination... lol

Radio is the way to go... my .02

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I too agree with radio first. But not only. The radio ia great idea except for the Shreveport market. 99.3FM is not available here and 107.5FM is only available sometimes at some places. (I can ponly get 107.5FM in one of my vehicals if at all. And never in my home.)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in. Tell me when and where to send.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

It is obvious most are on board with radio sponsorship for all-sports and I agree, it is the best option for bang for $$$.

Secondly, I'd run some ads in the Tech Talk, it won't hurt and if you get students hooked now they certainly aren't going anywhere and hopefully we can help build fans and $$$$ to athletics. This is easy and pretty cheap to do.

Third will be more difficult and costly- signage at all sporting events that have the website on it. www.latechbbb.com "for the die hard Tech fan" This will be hard to do but well worth it.

Fourth, Sim did have a blank spot in left field wall, but these are pretty pricey, I believe $2,500 and as I understand it, it was taken but the guy never put the sign up so it might not be available. And not the best use of $2,500 IMO.

I LOVE the special projects and favors we do the coaches by purchasing things JO won't or can't. This shows we really care and put our $$$ where our mouth is and do something to make things better for coaches and athletes. Please let's do more of these and try to work up a wish list from every coach of 2-3 things from each that we can shoot for in the next year, two years, etc.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN
    ...we are currently sold out on sponsors on the network...we normally have 1 or 2 drop but we won't know till June 15th on any deflections.
    Ed, so if everyone renews their slots as network sponsors, aren't y'all bound to open up some other avenues for more radio revenues?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

We have a regulated amount of time "for sale" on the local network...when we fill the numbers we can't get anymore...We have the "Tech Game Day" 2 hour show prior to football but that's just football not basketball and baseball...

Now I think you're asking "isn't it possible to open more commercial air time if we're sold out"....we haven't done it in the past when we were sold out --we just put that sponsor in a position to have the first slot open the next year...
    Let me just say that if everyone wants the BBB sponsorship that I'll do everything I can to get them in...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I figured you'd find out a way.
    :icon_wink
    Louisiana Tech University

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

[quote=dchi72]Whatever we do, we probably need to discuss our ideas with JO. Not asking permission, but letting him know our intentions. He might have commercials, artwork, etc already laid out.
    [\quote]

"Hey Jim, we're going to do this... either shit or get off the pot. Oh yea, and if you don't like it... quit!!"

P.S. Oh big daddy, you know that I'm in for whatever we decide.

p.s.s. I'd love to get some of those iron on patches and place them on my blue shirts. Where do we get those done at?

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

[quote=DocMarvin362]
    Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    p.s.s. I'd love to get some of those iron on patches and place them on my blue shirts. Where do we get those done at?
    That is a shirt that I designed online for $5.00 if I order 256.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    This is something I was working on months ago, just havent had the time to finish it up and I was waiting on pricing for all of these items from someone on the board...not sure who it was maddawg maybe? I don't remember.

Martie
    Yes, I dropped the ball on this. Want an excuse? Kept running into dead ends and not getting answers. Had forgotten about it since. I'll get back on it next week and see if I can get you the pricing.

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

Or make BBB a 501c(3)...Dwayne, how hard would this be to do and still be legit. I know that there has been gross exploitation of tax-exempts but I think that we could actually be in full compliance.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We looked into this a while back. Lots of reasons not to, but reason number one was that Tech Athletics (being our "charity") would have to sign off on it.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

You can count me in on a contribution. Just tell me how and when. Also how gathering emails of Tech alumni for advertisment of BB&B. If each of us who know of just a few alumni who might not know about this site send an email advertising the site, then the numbers of supporters could grow quite nicely. Isn't there a directory that is put out every few years of Tech alumni? I don't know if it has emails in it but if it does, it would be a great place to find alumni to notify.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

+ Reply to Thread