37 69.81%
  • No - money could be spent better

3 5.66%
  • Maybe - tell me more...

13 24.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: All Sports Radio Sponsorship for 06-07 year

First off, let me clarify, I am ALL FOR the BBB ads. I do have some questions for the guys that are in the know. Whenever we run these ads, how much of the funds from this ad goes toward Tech?? Is this fee to help pay for Dave and Malcom and company?? Are we talking about being one of the MAIN supporters, or just running a few ads?? I have had several other questions the past 2 days, but lost them.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    What if...we did the asking for Ronnie, Jim, Dan, ect. What I'm saying is, what if we were the mouth-peices? What if we made it our responsibility to advertise for Tech? We could raise money to run ads in certain places. Radio or TV or whatever we could afford at the time. There are 2,400 Tech Alumni in Rapides Parish alone. If we could get half of those people to donate 50 bucks to champs...we've got $120,000. We say, "This ad was paid for by LaTechBBB.com". We are advertising for us and we possibly raise the total athletic budget. Jim and Dan won't call certain folks...but they don't call anybody else either. Just because they won't be proactive doesn't mean we can't be. We either collect the money and then give it, or we ask the folks to write something about BBB on their donation. That way, the administration knows how much work we've done. We could iron out the kinks later, I just thought of that, so I wanted to post it.
    Great idea, I'm in.

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    What if...we did the asking for Ronnie, Jim, Dan, ect. What I'm saying is, what if we were the mouth-peices? What if we made it our responsibility to advertise for Tech? We could raise money to run ads in certain places. Radio or TV or whatever we could afford at the time. There are 2,400 Tech Alumni in Rapides Parish alone. If we could get half of those people to donate 50 bucks to champs...we've got $120,000. We say, "This ad was paid for by LaTechBBB.com". We are advertising for us and we possibly raise the total athletic budget. Jim and Dan won't call certain folks...but they don't call anybody else either. Just because they won't be proactive doesn't mean we can't be. We either collect the money and then give it, or we ask the folks to write something about BBB on their donation. That way, the administration knows how much work we've done. We could iron out the kinks later, I just thought of that, so I wanted to post it.

I think taking on some all sports sponsorship is a good idea and will contribute to the cause.

Does the radio advertising spot(s) alllow for a brief message? If so, then it certainly is an opportunity (as Mr. Lightin suggests) to do a few things, such as get out the reminders for football '06 season ticket sales/ basketball/ baseball/softball, or fund raising (Champs), etc.

Though more expensive, I also like the idea of taking out newspaper advertisements in a few towns that are within say, 1 to 2 hours of Ruston to help put some new folks in the seats. For example, A-Town, Southern Arkansas, Shreveport, etc. Place the '06 football schedule along with season ticket info.

Maybe, coordinate with R.Walker/J.O. and let them place ads in papers ABC and BBB takes papers in XYZ ?

Is there a time frame to raise the $$$ for the all sports radio spots?

+ Reply to Thread