+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can The Blue Crew do to get more students in the seats at the TAC?

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: What can The Blue Crew do to get more students in the seats at the TAC?

Nice to know. Hopefully this dorm thing will work out big. I mean there are tons of kids in the dorm. Many who would be sitting in their rooms looking at "the best thread ever II" or sleeping. If the RA's get on them maybe we can get a few hundred extra students in the TAC.

How does "the blue" feel about sitting in the stands. I bet you guys would bring alot more energy into the stands if you sat in the bottom section next to the band. Also you can talk more crap without getting in trouble. Also if you stand up in the front row, people will have to stand up behind you !

I WANNA SEE SOME HUUUUUGGGEEE SIGNS TOMORROW T!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Or The Blue could disperse themselves among the entire student section and get every student involved. Maybe their enthusiasm would rub off on others instead of just being concentrated in one area. Maybe all of the students would stand and yell the whole game if prompted by The Blue. Just a suggestion.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Tomorrow I am gonna make announcements in all my classes if the teachers will let me about the games. Just get up and say "Hey we have two basketball games coming up for the bulldogs, biggest games for the dogs in a decade, we haven't lost at home all year, we are 7-1 and first place in the WAC. COme on out it is exciting, and the dawgs need your support, see you there"

Or something to that effect. If all of us students make sure to do that we made get 100 extra people or so who didn't know about the game till you make the announcement. Hope some of you guys read this before class, if not tell your friday's class about saturdays game.

Whhhooopp!! Beat some Wolfpack B....Ass

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Or The Blue could disperse themselves among the entire student section and get every student involved. Maybe their enthusiasm would rub off on others instead of just being concentrated in one area. Maybe all of the students would stand and yell the whole game if prompted by The Blue. Just a suggestion.
    I think spreading out is a good idea. If they can get the students into it, then maybe all the old alumni will get into it!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Tomorrow I am gonna make announcements in all my classes if the teachers will let me about the games. Just get up and say "Hey we have two basketball games coming up for the bulldogs, biggest games for the dogs in a decade, we haven't lost at home all year, we are 7-1 and first place in the WAC. COme on out it is exciting, and the dawgs need your support, see you there"
    Back in my Tech days you would get extra bonus points for making such an annoucement in many profs' classes.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Do folks know about this folder? I would think this thread would be packed with comments - even if it meant digging some of our ideas out of the archives.

I just happened to notice the folder the other day when I scrolled on down the page. We need more posters on this thread.
    I just now found it. Talking about goosebumps, I would kill to see those old games.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz

Or something to that effect. If all of us students make sure to do that we made get 100 extra people or so who didn't know about the game till you make the announcement. Hope some of you guys read this before class, if not tell your friday's class about saturdays game.

Whhhooopp!! Beat some Wolfpack B....Ass
    Don't Forget to Mention It is FREE for Students!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I made an announcement in my class today. Too bad that there were only 9 people there, and there didn't seem to be much interest. "I have too much homework...I have a test tomorrow...I have a meeting..." But my professor said he would come!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I made an announcement in my class today. Too bad that there were only 9 people there, and there didn't seem to be much interest. "I have too much homework...I have a test tomorrow...I have a meeting..." But my professor said he would come!
    Good try, BLUE! Since only your professor is gonna come, then maybe you should go stand in the quad with a megaphone and tell everyone! :icon_wink

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I have a huge math test tomorrow and I am still going to the game.

Ya, I have a huge anatomy test tomorrow, and I won't miss a minute of Tech basketball tonight.

ETA...
    To firedog: haha!! i think that would scare people off kinda like brother jim did last year condemning every tech student in the plaza to hell.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 02-02-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Oh gosh....I remember that.....

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Seperated we are but noisemakers.. together we are a LOUD voice! Seperating will not happen. It's just a ploy to get some of their travel donations!! I CAUGHT YOU!! :icon_wink jk
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 02-04-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Seperated we are but noisemakers.. together we are a LOUD voice! Seperating will not happen. It's just a plow to get some of their travel donations!! I CAUGHT YOU!! :icon_wink jk
    HAHA!! You caught me Doc, but don't you mean ploy, not plow?

Anyways, I am not the only person that thinks spreading The Blue is a good idea. Did you notice that one half of the student section was standing and half of the student section was seated throughout the game? The Blue had about twelve members standing in the area between the stands and the floor seats. I don't think it would have been a bad idea for them to migrate over to the other side of the student section where everybody was sitting to get them to stand and cheer. In my opinion, The Blue are noisemakers, and the student section as a whole has the potential to be one LOUD voice. I would like The Blue to do what's best for Tech and not what satisfies themselves. I am not saying that The Blue is doing a bad job; I just think that there is a ton of potential with The Blue. Keep up the spirit and let it diffuse!!

BTW, have fun with the travel donations in Carbondale while I'm studying for finals. I'm jealous. Ya'll will have to yell extra-loud for me.

And where are the huge signs????

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

HAHA!! You caught me Doc, but don't you mean ploy, not plow?

Anyways, I am not the only person that thinks spreading The Blue is a good idea. Did you notice that one half of the student section was standing and half of the student section was seated throughout the game? The Blue had about twelve members standing in the area between the stands and the floor seats. I don't think it would have been a bad idea for them to migrate over to the other side of the student section where everybody was sitting to get them to stand and cheer. In my opinion, The Blue are noisemakers, and the student section as a whole has the potential to be one LOUD voice. I would like The Blue to do what's best for Tech and not what satisfies themselves. I am not saying that The Blue is doing a bad job; I just think that there is a ton of potential with The Blue. Keep up the spirit and let it diffuse!!

BTW, have fun with the travel donations in Carbondale while I'm studying for finals. I'm jealous. Ya'll will have to yell extra-loud for me.

And where are the huge signs????

Sorry bout the signs... I pulled an all nighter studying for two exams and only got an hour and a half of sleep. That was my fault. I commend you on being so focused on the game, we need more fans like you, but I know you didn't even notice The Blue if what you said in your post was true. We ran up and down the sidelines all game. I also got all of the frat boys that sat courtside to stand up the entire game. And then there were about 7 or 8 out of the 16 painted members running around the entire TAC trying to get fans to stand up and cheer. I personally gave away money (out of my pocket, not The Blue's money) to the loudest fan in the sections behind the goal. It was the only way to get them to do anything. Point being, if that's not trying to help my team out then I'm spent...

"T"
    Last edited by "T"; 02-04-2006 at 05:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread