+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Blue Promotional Ideas

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: The Blue Promotional Ideas

wow guys, thanks, we appreciate it. keep 'em comin'!

JFord

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Invite Cowgirl Jenn to games and have her paint up with you guys.
    Best idea EVER. My borther works for the law firm that represents Florida State so I will see what I can do.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Invite Cowgirl Jenn to games and have her paint up with you guys.
    How much would it cost?

I guess we can do that if we don't get a radio spot next year.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

PAY HER??? hell no.. This is LOUISIANA TECH... she should feel privilaged to attend one of our events.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Here's a FREE idea for you guys... get 4 or 5 of you together in between classes, and make a walk through the bookstore, stoopid center and the quad... just wear a BLUE shirt, and give some how bout them dawgs... Fresno sucks.... Boise Bytes... whatever... just get some excitement going. Make sure you get someone loud to annouce... "BIG GAME TONIGHT... BE THERE DAMNIT!"

I LOVE the hoop troop marching there idea, but you better havea larger crown walk with you, cause hoop troop is only 40 - 50 people per band. And there's no drumline. PM Drumdawg and ask him what we can do to assist them.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I love the parade idea as well. I think if it gets started, Robkin will add a small drumline to it. It would be great if we could get a tradition like this going.

Another idea, send a rep to IFC and panhellenic meetings reminind them of the upcoming games and the importance of their attendance.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    I love the parade idea as well. I think if it gets started, Robkin will add a small drumline to it. It would be great if we could get a tradition like this going.
    It would be awesome at football games too.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    It would be awesome at football games too.
    Football is dog with different fleas. Everybody KNOWS when a football game is going on. The problem is people packing up on Friday and leaving town. (I know, there ARE exceptions)

Basketball is where they are THERE and just don't come.

BTW, they DO have a march for football, just doesn't start in the center of campus.

TDF

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Yeah guys, we're loving the ideas... We can't go to class painted up... they won't let you in.. Keep 'em coming!

T

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

I think The Blue is doing a great job and they should keep it up (show up to every home game!!!).

I think the parade is a great idea, but some logistical problems, the hoop troop is at the TAC at 6:30 on tues-thur. games, and can't be there any earlier than that. And on Sat. games they're there at 6.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Is there any chance for Tech to give The Blue some advertising space for free somewhere on campus? Maybe if The Blue could hang a big bulletin board in tolliver and in the student center they could change the front before each game as a gameday reminder. Plus, it would have the advantage of being designed by students and might communicate better.

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

How about getting about 10 lifesize cardboard cut-outs of Paul Millsap and put them at key places around campus -- in front of the cafeteria in the Student center, Tolliver, Post Office, CAB, Bogard Hall, Hale Hall, dorms (If they wouldn't be stolen). I know this would cost some money, but I bet the Dawgpix would help us out with the picture and BBB could raise some money for the screenprinting.

Basically, The Blue would have to commit to putting these out first thing come gameday and pick them up soon thereafter. But who could miss a 6'8" Millsap staring them in the face with some sort of flyer stating that there is a game tonight!

I agree that the key is student initiative. The administration can do a better job, but the reality is that students respond to students, not Jim Oakes.

Also, I think that the Blue could petition the athletes from other sports to come out and support. The reality is that alot of the football players do not show up to the basketball games, which is really a shame because they can command the crowd. Remember in 2001 when we had Gerrod Henderson and we came on real strong at the end of the year and ended up going to the NIT...well, towards the end of the season, the football players (led by McCown) decided to support basketball (originally to raise money for weights I think). They even went into the tunnel to pump up the team. It ended up being a great atmosphere!!!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Is there any chance for Tech to give The Blue some advertising space for free somewhere on campus? Maybe if The Blue could hang a big bulletin board in tolliver and in the student center they could change the front before each game as a gameday reminder. Plus, it would have the advantage of being designed by students and might communicate better.
    Talk with SGA, Housing, or Student Affairs. One of them should be able to tell you who to talk with. Housing is probably who it would be since they have to approve things that are posted.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

How about making Tech/Ruston not a suitcase campus/town. If people had stuff to do/hang out at the rest of the weekend I think more people would stay.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg
    How about making Tech/Ruston not a suitcase campus/town. If people had stuff to do/hang out at the rest of the weekend I think more people would stay.
    There IS stuff to do! I will never understand where that label comes from as it applies to Tech. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. What can you do in Monroe or Shreveport that you can't do in Ruston (besides see a movie, which is only an hour round trip anyway)?

I have never, not once, had a problem finding something to do on a weekend. I just don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread