+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Blue Promotional Ideas

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

Re: The Blue Promotional Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    There IS stuff to do! I will never understand where that label comes from as it applies to Tech. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. What can you do in Monroe or Shreveport that you can't do in Ruston (besides see a movie, which is only an hour round trip anyway)?

I have never, not once, had a problem finding something to do on a weekend. I just don't get it.

Go to a movie, the mall, good places to eat, more clubs, more stores to shop at(not that wall-mart isn't the greatest place to shop at :icon_wink) it has more than three exits. And secondlly most people live a couple hours drive from here and most if not all freshmen and alot of the sophs, go home on weekends. If we can get them to stay and go to the games that would be a HUGE help!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    There IS stuff to do! I will never understand where that label comes from as it applies to Tech. Maybe 30 years ago, but not now. What can you do in Monroe or Shreveport that you can't do in Ruston (besides see a movie, which is only an hour round trip anyway)?

I have never, not once, had a problem finding something to do on a weekend. I just don't get it.
    I agree...I would understand if these folks were driving home to Dallas or Austin or New Orleans...but Shreveport and Monroe????? Shreveport finally has semi-decent shopping...but not much else. This is a joke...people who leave Ruston on the weekends aren't leaving cause they can't find something to do, they're leaving cause they're a little too attached to momma!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I agree...I would understand if these folks were driving home to Dallas or Austin or New Orleans...but Shreveport and Monroe????? Shreveport finally has semi-decent shopping...but not much else. This is a joke...people who leave Ruston on the weekends aren't leaving cause they can't find something to do, they're leaving cause they're a little too attached to momma!
    Its been that way forever. I didn't have a car until I was a senior, so I learned to have a good time in Ruston on the weekends. I never went home except quarter break to have clothes washed. I loved bumming around the weekend with little $$ and alot of time.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

IMO the freshmen orientation class should require the students to go to at least 3/4 of the home games and stay till the end. Also require the students to learn the fight song and alma mater and sing from memory by end of class. Also have them stay for at least half the weekends in the quarter. All I hear that goes on is students show up for 30 minutes get some lecture on how to study, one class is spent going to library and that's about it

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg
    How about making Tech/Ruston not a suitcase campus/town. If people had stuff to do/hang out at the rest of the weekend I think more people would stay.
    Hey the Que Stick (the Stick, Que Nasty) is opening backup. That'll keep some folks in Ruston. Even though that place is a dump, I love it.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

There are only so many women you can go through before you start overlapping with their friends. Have to go out of Ruston to keep things on the DL.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Is there any chance for Tech to give The Blue some advertising space for free somewhere on campus? Maybe if The Blue could hang a big bulletin board in tolliver and in the student center they could change the front before each game as a gameday reminder. Plus, it would have the advantage of being designed by students and might communicate better.
    There is an event board above the bronze bulldog in the tonk, unfortunately it is rarey updated. I think it says tulane football is playing utep saturday.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Ya SGA sports promotion is in charge of that sign. Its kind of a pain in the ass to update, but i know it should be done.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Maybe I will go by tomorrow and change it to say about the boys games against Nevada and Utah St.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

It's cool... The Blue went up to the Student Center this morning (thurdsday) and put up a HUGE sign, about 20ft by 8ft that said "Game Tonight 7PM in the TAC" We're gonna put it up before every game in the Student Center.

"T"

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Students still get in free with Student ID right?

Make coupons that promote "Show your Student ID for FREE admission to Thurs Feb 2 vs Nevada"

You have to sell that is costs them NOTHING to go Watch or Yell for 2 hours. Believe it or not, not all students know that it is free to go.

Just a very basic and simple thought.

M

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Students still get in free with Student ID right?

Make coupons that promote "Show your Student ID for FREE admission to Thurs Feb 2 vs Nevada"

You have to sell that is costs them NOTHING to go Watch or Yell for 2 hours. Believe it or not, not all students know that it is free to go.

Just a very basic and simple thought.

M
    That is true. One of my friends who went to Michigan last year and is now at Tech didn't know students got in free because Michigan charged students for tickets.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Here's an idea, why don't we meet the other fans? We could take a halftime tour of the TAC by spreading out and shaking hands and thanking people for coming. Maybe it would make people feel more connected? We could improve the idea by bringing a few digital cameras and having fan pictures on our website (coming soon).

Speaking of which, the Blue needs a campus email address so we can send emails AND get a facebook profile like SGA and UnionBoard.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    That is true. One of my friends who went to Michigan last year and is now at Tech didn't know students got in free because Michigan charged students for tickets.

Is your friend's name "MichiganDawg" by any chance? It seems like you're talking about the dude like he isn't there, lol. Maybe it isn't him and this is only a coincidence.

This idea just struck me. I know I've posted a bunch of times in a row. Does anyone in the Blue have a digital video camera? We need to make a Tech commercial. I'll bet we could convince TechTV to air it free. Perhaps, if we made it good enough, we could replace the commercial Tech uses for national tv.

I think a series of Blue commercials and at least one solely Tech promoting commercial would be great.

+ Reply to Thread