+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Blue Promotional Ideas

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Blue Promotional Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    This idea just struck me. I know I've posted a bunch of times in a row. Does anyone in the Blue have a digital video camera? We need to make a Tech commercial. I'll bet we could convince TechTV to air it free. Perhaps, if we made it good enough, we could replace the commercial Tech uses for national tv.

I think a series of Blue commercials and at least one solely Tech promoting commercial would be great.
    Good idea! Just playing it in Tolliver and around the campus would be great for getting some excitement going about the games.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Jford and T, yall do a great job with everything and yall need to keep doing it...i have posted on this issue alot in the past...but here is my opinion....tech needs an official student spirit group....if that is yall then great...i know the sga tried the spirit of 88, but i think that is dead....so lets say blue is the official group for tech....students have to get involved from the beginning...you guys need to contact the director of orientation and get them to promote for yall during the 4 sessions and have the freshman fill out interest cards...now it is up to your group to contact these kids and let them know what your goal is and what you do for different sporting events...granted all kids dont want to paint up...but you can have t-shirts made....get a sponsor in town (canes would be a good choice) to put up some money and charge 5-10 bucks for the shirt....this way you have kids starting something when they are freshman and more than likely will continue until they graduate....you will need some help from the athletic department on this and that is tough to do, but i know someone who would probably help in any way he can....sorry for rambling, but i think that this would work...if orientation leaders have time to talk about the ghost of vera at tech, they should have no problem promoting the student spirit group....just my two cents...

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
    Jford and T, yall do a great job with everything and yall need to keep doing it...i have posted on this issue alot in the past...but here is my opinion....tech needs an official student spirit group....if that is yall then great...i know the sga tried the spirit of 88, but i think that is dead....so lets say blue is the official group for tech....students have to get involved from the beginning...you guys need to contact the director of orientation and get them to promote for yall during the 4 sessions and have the freshman fill out interest cards...now it is up to your group to contact these kids and let them know what your goal is and what you do for different sporting events...granted all kids dont want to paint up...but you can have t-shirts made....get a sponsor in town (canes would be a good choice) to put up some money and charge 5-10 bucks for the shirt....this way you have kids starting something when they are freshman and more than likely will continue until they graduate....you will need some help from the athletic department on this and that is tough to do, but i know someone who would probably help in any way he can....sorry for rambling, but i think that this would work...if orientation leaders have time to talk about the ghost of vera at tech, they should have no problem promoting the student spirit group....just my two cents...
    These are all great ideas. I can tell you we are currently working on most of what you said. The Blue has already tossed around the idea of shirts and getting a sponsor. Getting help from the athletic department so far has been easy to do. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Leah is awesome." One thing I had not considered before was contacting the director of orientation. This is a very good idea. Do you have any idea who the d of o might be?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Do you have any idea who the d of o might be?
    Jackie Stevens. Vince got hired away to Georgia Southern because they offered him a big pay increase.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

guys i jsut watched a little of the kville chronicles on espn.com...now granted duke is the best program in the country year in and year out and they started the entire student section craze, but they have some things that we could take from it...they have a new devil day at the start of school at cameron indoor and inform freshman on how to get into the games and cheers and the band plays, etc...now this is something that you could do with the freshman that showed interest during orientation and also other freshman....have some of the players there with coach richard and let him stress the importance of student attendance at bball games...you could pizza or canes there for the kids to eat (free meal will always get kids out to do something)...i think that the problem with tech is that we try to start something and it doesnt succeed in the first year and we drop it....you have to give things a chance to grow into traditions...just some thoughts...the video is long on espn but it is really cool to see how these kids get ready for the two "tent" games at duke...if you have some spare time i suggest watching it...

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

We we're already planning on having some people up at orientation, so that would be a great idea! bdub, you've got alot of good ideas, keep em coming! Thanks!!

"T"

+ Reply to Thread